Polearm Arms Spec

jfoldno7
Warder

Postby jfoldno7 » Jan 14, 2017 20:22

It looks like this type of information is located throughout some of the threads on this board and various other topic elsewhere. But I wanted to post a quick subject here to make sure that I am on the right path for my desired outcome. As a first time Alb, my main was a Hib Hero back in the day, I want to make sure I am not missing anything.

I am specing a mix of Crush, Shield and Polearm while leveling up. As a level 25 my spec is now:

21 Crush
21 Polearm
18 Shield

This is allowing for Slash and Thrust to auto-train. At level 40, I will use the single line respec opportunity to replace Crush with Slash. My ultimate goal is for my spec to looks something like this at level 50:

50 Polearm
42 Shield
34 Slash
20 Parry

Any thoughts on this lvl 50 spec and are there any recommendations any of you would make for adjustments at all?

Thanks in advance.

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Jan 14, 2017 22:35

Looks pretty solid, only thing I would say is a lot of the conventional thinking would have it that you should be getting composite 50 weapon line (ie: up your slash to 39 so that with +11 you hit 50). So as to reduce damage variance.

This would mean losing some parry mind you, how useful is parry really in an 8v8 situation?

seanbud
Myrmidon

Postby seanbud » Jan 16, 2017 04:46

drop the parry to get slash to 38 minimum.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Jan 16, 2017 04:58

Fail so edited.

Revian
Myrmidon

Postby Revian » Jan 17, 2017 19:56

Ok, it sounds like I will make the adjustment to 39 slash and drop Parry accordingly. Are there any strong opinions out there about slash versus thrust (vs. crush as well I suppose) for final spec?

Also, should I wait to respec crush later to get the full AT possible or does it not make a significant difference with only ATing until level 40?

After that, what are some of the earliest RA's you look to pick up? Does Determination come first or do you prioritize anything else?
----Currently----
Revian - Uthgard, 50 Armsman, Legendary Armorcrafter

----Previously----
Barrin - MLF, 50 Hero
Revian - MLF, 50 Enchanter

Zurffette
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zurffette » Jan 18, 2017 09:57

Revian wrote:
After that, what are some of the earliest RA's you look to pick up? Does Determination come first or do you prioritize anything else?

LW1 should be your first RA.

My path on my arms is
LW1
Det2
Purge
LW2
Det5
SB

Revian
Myrmidon

Postby Revian » Jan 19, 2017 23:51

Thank you.

Any strong opinions about slash versus thrust? Or any opinions about respec at 40 versus respec at lvl 48-50 (with the added pain of getting a stone to do so)?

Generally I am leaning toward slash and respecing at 40, but I want to make sure I am correct in those assumptions since I'm getting close to lvl 40.
----Currently----

----Previously----
Barrin - MLF, 50 Hero

Zurffette
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zurffette » Jan 20, 2017 20:17

The damage of thrust is 50/50 str/dex. So if you are a highlander (which you should be :P) i dont recommend going thrust since your strength is always going to be much higher than your dex.
Now, regarding the AT/when to respec, i am currently trying out something, will know in 1 level if it works and i will post results here. My game time is currently limited due to crappy work schedule, so that might be 1-2 more days before i can come back here with the results. If you hit 40 before i get those results, i strongly recommend you respec at 40 and dont wait for a dragon stone as those wont come in any time soon. Dragon in albion isnt even active yet.

Revian
Myrmidon

Postby Revian » Jan 21, 2017 17:04

I am a Highlander so I will finally go for slash, thank you. I'm level 37 now so if you get to 40 before me let me know how your experiment works out.
----Currently----

----Previously----
Barrin - MLF, 50 Hero

Zurffette
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zurffette » Jan 21, 2017 19:18

Ok, it worked.
So, at level 40 you get the free one-line respec. I respec'd out of crush and didnt specc into slash and just kept the points/spec'd polearm and shield.

Now, at 44 i got the free autotrain point in slash (that was my experiment, to see if i get the extra points in slash), so it went up to 11. So at 48 it will autotrain to 12. After that, im going to dump all my points into slash for the final spec. It's going to be 42 shield, 50 polearm, 39 slash and the rest into parry (should be around 20ish parry if im not mistaken).

So all in all, you save 23 points if you start speccing into slash at level 48 (AT to 12). Its not much, its a bit overrated min-maxing, but why not. Its not like it will affect you pve damage alot. Hitting purple mobs with polearm for 50-100 instead of 80-100 :P No big deal for XPing if you ask me.
And with 10 AT slash, you already get the Enrage (taunt) slash style, so its all good if you want to be more sword/shield focused while XP'ing, although you dont really need to. You can just wack at stuff with your pole.

Also, dont forget to do your epics, you get a really good polearm with the level 40 epic quest(14.1 dps 100% qual,77 dd proc, +6 polearm skill). Going to last you until you get a MP crafted one for 50 template.

Revian
Myrmidon

Postby Revian » Jan 22, 2017 06:45

That is fantastic to hear. Great idea using the level 40 Respec but then holding off on putting points in to slash. It sounds like i will follow your lead when I get to level 40. Thanks for sharing!
----Currently----

----Previously----
Barrin - MLF, 50 Hero

Willam Wallace
Warder

Postby Willam Wallace » Jan 22, 2017 17:08

Zurffette wrote:Ok, it worked.
So, at level 40 you get the free one-line respec. I respec'd out of crush and didnt specc into slash and just kept the points/spec'd polearm and shield.

Now, at 44 i got the free autotrain point in slash (that was my experiment, to see if i get the extra points in slash), so it went up to 11. So at 48 it will autotrain to 12. After that, im going to dump all my points into slash for the final spec. It's going to be 42 shield, 50 polearm, 39 slash and the rest into parry (should be around 20ish parry if im not mistaken).

So all in all, you save 23 points if you start speccing into slash at level 48 (AT to 12). Its not much, its a bit overrated min-maxing, but why not. Its not like it will affect you pve damage alot. Hitting purple mobs with polearm for 50-100 instead of 80-100 :P No big deal for XPing if you ask me.
And with 10 AT slash, you already get the Enrage (taunt) slash style, so its all good if you want to be more sword/shield focused while XP'ing, although you dont really need to. You can just wack at stuff with your pole.

Also, dont forget to do your epics, you get a really good polearm with the level 40 epic quest(14.1 dps 100% qual,77 dd proc, +6 polearm skill). Going to last you until you get a MP crafted one for 50 template.

Great post my dude.
Loyal Armsman of the Round Table.

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Jan 22, 2017 18:33

Zurffette wrote:slash for the final spec. It's going to be 42 shield, 50 polearm, 39 slash and the rest into parry (should be around 20ish parry if im not mistaken).

Ever thought of going:

39 slash
39 thrust
50 pole

Pole is 100% str, no matter if slash or thrust, and you could simply switch the pole depending on your enemy.

If it's a Berserker, Savage, Druid, Warden, Fian, Champ and so on, well, all those that are slash-vulnerable, take the slash pole. If it's a Healer, Shaman, Warrior, Thane, Skald or Bard and so on, take the thrust pole. So you always hit only 16% resists (except for the neutral thrust hib bard), instead of, in case of mid chain or hib reinforced for example, hitting 36% resist with your slashpole.

You do not even need to rearrange your quickbar.

Just a thought, slam is overrated in my eyes. 36% or 16% damage reduction is not.

Later on, with high RR, you can also go for example 34 slash, thrust, (31) crush and easily reach 50 composite and go 50 pole, to get the max out of your damage, depending on enemy. Depending on AT all lines 34 too.
Albion Forever!

Zurffette
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zurffette » Jan 22, 2017 20:30

silenced wrote:

Just a thought, slam is overrated in my eyes. 36% or 16% damage reduction is not.

Slam over-rated. Ok.

Sorry if i come off as hostile, but please never ever again post ANYTHING relevant to rvr on these forums. Just read and soak up the info you must obtain.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Jan 23, 2017 00:18

You can't delete your own post :roll:
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Next

Return to Armsman