Just how oldschool can we get?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Signus
Gryphon Knight

Postby Signus » Apr 21, 2023 21:08

I am planning on doing a zone by zone video piece capturing the art and ambiance of old DAoC.

I consider Uthgard like a living museum piece, as close to classic DAoC as we've ever gotten, and probably ever will.

Last time I played over 2 years ago you could get the old UI, old character models, I think even some old city models (like Camelot and Prydwen Bridge). Is there a guide to get the game as oldschool as possibly allowable?

How about old sound effects? The Catacombs era stretchy bow sound effect has always driven me absolutely insane, but at this point I can't even remember what the original sounded like. Is it possible to go to an old CD and grab the sound effect from there? But, it'd probably have to be supported by the Launcher, right?

Kessa
Warder

Postby Kessa » Apr 22, 2023 11:06

Good luck with your video, hope to watch it soon.
Sorry, i cant help you with your questions.

Juri
Eagle Knight

Postby Juri » Apr 22, 2023 17:18

Signus wrote:How about old sound effects? The Catacombs era stretchy bow sound effect has always driven me absolutely insane, but at this point I can't even remember what the original sounded like. Is it possible to go to an old CD and grab the sound effect from there? But, it'd probably have to be supported by the Launcher, right?

I'm no expert but you can probably install the game from an old CD and just start from there, browsing the folders for what you're looking for, making sure to never ever start the launcher (that would patch your game to current version)

Greatly interested in this as I always found the art of DAoC very suggestive and charming. Good luck!

Runental
Phoenix Knight

Postby Runental » May 07, 2023 08:17

Signus wrote:I consider Uthgard like a living museum piece

It's not a museum. It's a desert sadly.
ONE a Shaman solo Video
TWO a Shaman solo Video

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » May 08, 2023 12:14

All players just waiting dragons coming back.
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » May 09, 2023 00:20

Gonna take more than dragons
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Return to General Topics