How many people playing today?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
rawkfist
Myrmidon

Postby rawkfist » Jul 18, 2022 02:27

Looked at the forum and saw over 150+ people logged on and almost fell out of my chair.
Looks like things are picking up?

bm01
Gryphon Knight

Postby bm01 » Jul 18, 2022 06:24

Just some very popular French streamers doing some kind of an event starting this Monday. Expect a few hundreds (maybe even thousands) completely new players for a few days.

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Jul 18, 2022 07:56

But is anything being done to entice them to stay?
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

mcampbell
Warder

Postby mcampbell » Jul 18, 2022 12:10

rawkfist wrote:Looked at the forum and saw over 150+ people logged on and almost fell out of my chair.
Looks like things are picking up?

I have a population tracker I've been running for years, here. https://unixgeek.com/uthgard.html

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Jul 18, 2022 20:50

seen count of 480 severwide and well over 150 on mid

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Jul 19, 2022 03:28

It is nice to see that pop I admit.

Maybe, just maybe they will stick around and we FINALLY might get some developments what people have been waiting for.
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Teufelhund
Warder

Postby Teufelhund » Jul 23, 2022 11:38

Wakefield wrote:It is nice to see that pop I admit.

Maybe, just maybe they will stick around and we FINALLY might get some developments what people have been waiting for.

I wish, but 500 players, or 5k players, does not poof into existence developers that would be placed onto the staff here that would work for free. Everyone needs to just enjoy the spike and cherish it while it lasts. GM posted in other thread that there is no development (SI or otherwise) because of time constraints.

The only realistic option for any software development is to pool $$ together into some gofundme and hire a developer under contract to deliver SI with the direction of staff. This won't happen like most kickstarter type things for such an aged product, so you'd need some angel investor like if one of us neckbeards hit the lottery and forked over the cash. Anything short of a developer being hired at this point is a fool's errand. Enough time has passed that even a slow march of progress would have delivered it by now.

Return to General Topics