Where is everyone?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Jan 01, 2022 20:16

Uthgard is in idle mode.

Get some staff members that are willing to work on the server, finish SI, give some good qol changes (there are tons of good ideas collected to give the server a good polish) bring Tajendi back to the folks as it is Uthgards figurehead (I know the code must be rewritten as it ´s not fitting right now).

Maybe revamp Uthgard when these things are finished or make a seasonal server out of it where at least the Realm rank is reset all two years so the ppl stay motivated to participate in RvR and the realm rank gap between different players not getting too big.
I know, casual players will lose anyway to these hardcore elite groups but with that tons of RAs at high RR its just getting boring for 95% of the players even for the elite groups that struggle to get some good fights or players to fight.

That being said, there is no shard that reaches the quality of Uthgard rigt now, and in my opinion the other shards on the horizon won´t take this position. There would be a chance to make Uthgard great again, it just needs some push in the right direction and many players would return or start new here.

I wonder if Blue is still reading the forum or has some plans about the future of this server. As long nothing changes, the lasting wintersleep of the former ol´big king of daoc freeshards named Uthgard continues.

Happy new year folks.

Teddybear
Warder

Postby Teddybear » Jan 02, 2022 06:21

These changes would be great. People might have other priorities though. Would be great if they came together and got that accomplished though. Something new. Something fresh. Something different! (so to say..) I can imagine having to deal with a large player base that isnt necessarily loyal, and sometimes very discontent is very discouraging. Im enjoying my grind though.

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Jan 03, 2022 12:41

Jerrian wrote:Uthgard is in idle mode.

Get some staff members that are willing to work on the server, finish SI, give some good qol changes (there are tons of good ideas collected to give the server a good polish) bring Tajendi back to the folks as it is Uthgards figurehead (I know the code must be rewritten as it ´s not fitting right now).

Maybe revamp Uthgard when these things are finished or make a seasonal server out of it where at least the Realm rank is reset all two years so the ppl stay motivated to participate in RvR and the realm rank gap between different players not getting too big.
I know, casual players will lose anyway to these hardcore elite groups but with that tons of RAs at high RR its just getting boring for 95% of the players even for the elite groups that struggle to get some good fights or players to fight.

That being said, there is no shard that reaches the quality of Uthgard rigt now, and in my opinion the other shards on the horizon won´t take this position. There would be a chance to make Uthgard great again, it just needs some push in the right direction and many players would return or start new here.

I wonder if Blue is still reading the forum or has some plans about the future of this server. As long nothing changes, the lasting wintersleep of the former ol´big king of daoc freeshards named Uthgard continues.

Happy new year folks.

As always, wise words Jerrian! Felt good to read you again. I would you vote in staff if i could.
Uthgard could easily reaches 2k europrimetime. But the serveradmin Blue dont care for his project and the left staffmembers are not in the mindset for rl changes. I can feel this, because when u work and care for such a timeconsuming project, after this long time, maybe you develop other things in life.

And staff let us in dark about the rl state of Uthgard. So i think it must be rly rly bad and hopeless.

Wish you all a good, healthy, wealthy 2022 :!:
See you on other worlds
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Jan 03, 2022 19:40

Jerrian wrote:Uthgard is in idle mode.

Happy new year folks.

lol
It is what it is.

Filters
Gryphon Knight

Postby Filters » Jan 20, 2022 23:59

All ok but no more wipe please !!!

People getting old no more time to redo all from the start
there are none so deaf as those who will not hear

kilmarnock_rha
Warder

Postby kilmarnock_rha » Feb 12, 2022 14:13

why ppl stop to play daoc? on uthgard as well?

everything is way to hard to get! eyerything takes way to much time!

to hit the 50s, to get the gear you like/need to have, to be a crafter, to farm some gold, to travel from here to there...

the most ppl just dont like to spend so many time to play a game!

the younger generation need some real action just NOW and they get em in cod, battlefield, whatever... with the smartphone, with console...

and the older generations JUST DONT HAVE the time to spend to play a game. as well in case the would like to play daoc!

so if there are not way more of QoL-Features, this game/server will die... more or less fast.

and a possible dragonraid wont stop this...

just my 2cent
...for Hibernia! :-D

Filters
Gryphon Knight

Postby Filters » Feb 17, 2022 22:13

kilmarnock_rha wrote:why ppl stop to play daoc? on uthgard as well?

everything is way to hard to get! eyerything takes way to much time!

to hit the 50s, to get the gear you like/need to have, to be a crafter, to farm some gold, to travel from here to there...

the most ppl just dont like to spend so many time to play a game!

the younger generation need some real action just NOW and they get em in cod, battlefield, whatever... with the smartphone, with console...

and the older generations JUST DONT HAVE the time to spend to play a game. as well in case the would like to play daoc!

so if there are not way more of QoL-Features, this game/server will die... more or less fast.

and a possible dragonraid wont stop this...

just my 2cent

The game is nice cow what is it, ok some little add can help like tp and a bonus xp like during event would be nice, also new Ra can make game even better, but that’s it. It’s rewarding to reach lv 50 and rank little by little. If u want instant action I think this is not the game for you :/
there are none so deaf as those who will not hear

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Feb 17, 2022 23:04

Right here!

kilmarnock_rha
Warder

Postby kilmarnock_rha » Feb 18, 2022 12:41

Filters wrote: If u want instant action I think this is not the game for you

well... looks like you misunderstand my arguments.

i play daoc since 2002! i played hib and alb on live-servers for years with all the expansions and i PAYED for 2 acc's to play it every day for hours, because it was lifechanging in the years 2002+

we had server-crashes because of more then 250 ppl into the same area/on the same map (pvp)! you couldnt join your home-server because there was already more then 1050 ppl online! ...and we had like zero QoL-Features!

but NOW its a TOTAL different world in the gamingszene!

there are TONS of free2play games, like million choices with like 1000 possible genres.

theres now a free2play-option on the daoc-live-servers as well! maybe its garbadge, but its an option!
because they had to change the marketing-strategy...

so... my arguments are:
if we dont get more QoL-Features, the server will die because there are close to ZERO NEW PPL coming.
maybe some new ppl try it out on uth, but they stop to play after a while, because its just terrible boring sometimes!
its sometimes like a second job and not just a game...

example: did you ever play hib? you can count em on 1hand most of the time! because the most are terrible tired to play hib and switched to other realms. so theres like zero pvp, its often terrible hard to find some crafters for mp-gear, try to find a exp-grp...

at all... the most time, the SAME ppl play on uth since years and we just got some ppl back from phoenix or other dying freeshards. thats it.

the point is, JUST FOR EXAMPLE:
no one needs to invest days or weeks in bugfixing, to IMPLEMENT an dragon-raid right now, if you never get the ppl together to DO the dragonraid. ( ofc this depends into the time to spend for development... if its just easy? great! )

( but in case if its hard to implement )
you could think about this feature, if theres a very healthy playing community every day on EACH realm and not just into the primetime on just ONE realm!

...and at the end...to get more new ppl, theres a need to make the life easier on uth with QoL-Features.
that means there should be a different focus today.

those are just my 2cents in SHORT words

...and ofc i appreciate every single hour genjiro is able to supp the server-health! ...and ofc any other from the staff as well! they do a great job!
...for Hibernia! :-D

Previous

Return to General Topics