Where is everyone?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Teddybear
Warder

Postby Teddybear » Dec 12, 2021 07:56

Sucks everyone is in such a rush that they cant take the time to slow down and play with friends here. Chill, relax, enjoy the grind and some bullshitting with your homies.

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Dec 12, 2021 14:15

It kinda got better during the bonuses, however they all left for other things as rvr is dogshit for certain timezones
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

LarryDavid1
Warder

Postby LarryDavid1 » Dec 13, 2021 20:17

Wakefield wrote:It kinda got better during the bonuses, however they all left for other things as rvr is dogshit for certain timezones

+1. We would have stayed if there were continued events or things that showed GMs were invested in the server. I thank Genjiro greatly for the doppel and xp events that got us to lvl an entire grp to 50 and try to stir up action, but once the event ended and things were back to business as usual, the server was not worth playing anymore for us as an NA group.
<Amateur Hour>
Mid NA

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Dec 14, 2021 10:36

I think NA rvr would be more interesting if everyone didnt play on same realm same time...

And -sorry- instead of whining and complaining about lazy GMs dont entertain everyone, consider what you can do yourself. It's the community thats makes server great and no event like hunt an NPC Mob for 1k RPs.

Just my 2 Copper.
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » Dec 15, 2021 00:12

You all seem to agree that RvR is horseshit for certain timezones, yet you are still against alternative means of gaining RPs outside of RvR. I give up on this server and all of you. Idiots.

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Dec 15, 2021 02:16

All that needed to be done was leave in dopples and reduce the reward to 250rps. Keep in the exp bonus in some form even if it was 50% of what it was. Add in rvr missions/tasks. Remove teather from dragons and increase its spead so you cant run. There are some other "features" exploits that should be fixed but i dont think the "gms" are even aware of them. The population was definetly on the upswing and it was painfully obvious when they removed the exp bonuses how many people did not stay. GGWP oO
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

LarryDavid1
Warder

Postby LarryDavid1 » Dec 15, 2021 21:26

Nakja wrote:I think NA rvr would be more interesting if everyone didnt play on same realm same time...

And -sorry- instead of whining and complaining about lazy GMs dont entertain everyone, consider what you can do yourself. It's the community thats makes server great and no event like hunt an NPC Mob for 1k RPs.

Just my 2 Copper.

This is exactly what my group did. We literally leveled 1-50, got templated with the very kind help of other mids, and stood in RvR trying to drum up action however we could. We blasted every forum/discord/reddit we could and tried to convince others to do the same and come back to Uthgard since the numbers had crept up slightly. Nobody was interested in playing citing it being too hard to lvl to 50 without the xp bonus. Can't say I blame them.

Once we were a fg of 50s, we did whatever we could to get fights in RvR. We knocked on relic doors, we invited Ripbro group to come fight us, we killed xpers thinking they'd log onto their 50s and form a group, and more. After 1 night of good fights vs Ripbro's group, action was dead again.

Anyway back to the topic at hand - This idea of "be the change you want to see" does NOT work when the GMs aren't willing to do something on their end to help the groups that try to create action. We were active on Uthgard 3 days a week during NA time for an entire 2 months and I can tell you that theres nothing to do in that timezone. So please spare me your 2 copper because you have no idea what the action is like during NA time lol.
<Amateur Hour>
Mid NA

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Dec 16, 2021 17:56

Hi there,
but this is not where the problem lies.
You can't expect that enemies are always there or that when I start here, enemies are there immediately.
Daoc has more to offer than RvR ..............
Placing the blame on the GM's is not fair.
The server is made up of the players, the GMs control and regulate the game and ensure that the game runs smoothly.
What comes after better XP? More RP?
InApp purchases for Rp and Xp?
Leave the Daoc as it is, I think it's nice when the GM's do an event every now and then.
But please no RP for PVE content.

Greetings

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Dec 16, 2021 20:23

I am right here!
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Dec 16, 2021 21:18

Every Alb has abandoned Arthur and went for the land with fat guy in the red clothing with the raindeers. Guess it's close to Christmas.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Dec 17, 2021 10:44

Rudra wrote:Daoc has more to offer than RvR .....

In a 20 year old game, with only the DF add on, 99% of all the daoc playerbase have done all the pve they will ever need.

It's the RvR that still calls to people, hence why all shards start of with white hot numbers.

It's when the rvr part becomes ******, people leave. If they can't get to 50 in order for rvr in a reasonable timescale, they quit.
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Reptar
Guardian

Postby Reptar » Dec 20, 2021 23:07

Teddybear wrote:Chill, relax, enjoy the grind and some bullshitting with your homies.

Ain't got any that play daoc. I'd make some but nobodys around NA time.

Jean-Jacques
Myrmidon

Postby Jean-Jacques » Dec 23, 2021 22:21

En tout cas un grand merci à ce jeu qui existe encore en cette veille de Noël 2021.
Dommage qu'il n'y ait plus beaucoup de monde sur UTHGARD parce que le RvR ici est certainement le plus complet et le plus sympa à jouer de tous ceux que j'ai connus.
J'espère que le monde reviendra en masse. Longue vie à UTHGARD et JOYEUX NOEL A TOUS. :-P

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Dec 26, 2021 20:36

Hi there,
Valfar, I can only agree with you.
Lots of new things would only damage the server even more.

Greetings

Teddybear
Warder

Postby Teddybear » Dec 28, 2021 20:44

Jean-Jacques wrote:En tout cas un grand merci à ce jeu qui existe encore en cette veille de Noël 2021.
Dommage qu'il n'y ait plus beaucoup de monde sur UTHGARD parce que le RvR ici est certainement le plus complet et le plus sympa à jouer de tous ceux que j'ai connus.
J'espère que le monde reviendra en masse. Longue vie à UTHGARD et JOYEUX NOEL A TOUS. :-P

RIght?

Next

Return to General Topics