North American players.

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Nov 15, 2021 13:06

Spivo wrote:DaoC players...
They want classic, with custom changes they specifically think are great, so you get a thousand players screaming that any server is doing it wrong.

Is why they all eventually fail, either little to no custom, and they complain it's to slow.
Or to much custom and they complain it's no longer classic.

Having been through Live, Uthgard and two other freeshards, it's become very clear to me that the majority of DaoC players will never be happy, because they are constantly searching for a version of DaoC they think they want, instead of playing the version that is.

I agree.

Everybody tries to change the few freeshards there is, instead of enjoying that there actually exists freeshards. Free.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Nov 15, 2021 20:44

They want classic, with custom changes they specifically think are great, so you get a thousand players screaming that any server is doing it wrong.

Is why they all eventually fail, either little to no custom, and they complain it's to slow.

Having been through Live, Uthgard and two other freeshards, it's become very clear to me that the majority of DaoC players will never be happy, because they are constantly searching for a version of DaoC they think they want, instead of playing the version that is.

It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Nov 17, 2021 07:56

Sign.
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

Previous

Return to General Topics