Missed Opportunity?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Oct 06, 2021 06:25

Hi there,
but let's be honest we're talking about an almost 20 year old game.
The levelspots are known, they are expired regularly (all 3 realms do that). everything is killed whether 50 or gray. I especially notice it in df when people log in and kill gray ones (yes, it is unnecessary and spoils the fun of the game). On the other hand, low level players also get RP for killing enemies.
But getting excited about it only shows people that they have achieved what they wanted.

Greetings

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Oct 06, 2021 07:41

Madae wrote:It's one thing when people stumble upon your group doing something, and another when they knew you were doing it and only went to cause trouble.

The weekly Albion rvr bg is also a event for opponent realms too. Same -unfortunately- the weekly xp bg. This its no out of malice towards Albion or some named players, its simply the rvr highlight of the week for some because there is nothing other to fight.

In this context, my respekt to the Leaders where organize this for us. Not for whiners about rvr deads.
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Oct 06, 2021 09:16

Madae wrote:It's one thing when people stumble upon your group doing something, and another when they knew you were doing it and only went to cause trouble. I was not particularly upset that it happened, I was only in the raid to help others level, I'm merely pointing out the convenience of an enemy group showing up right when it needed to, and the supposed nature of the attack that was seemingly just confirmed to be outward hostility towards a specific player involved, even despite the fact that the group was formed out of weekly charity. Tell me that isn't pettiness for the sake of a handful of RP's.

And honestly, this is coming from a game that existed in an age without much outside communication, and where cross-realm "spying" was considered a rather serious offense. You'd think people would know better or at least have a better handle on what is considered fair and sportsmanlike. It shows a rather serious degradation in the quality of our playerbase.

Oh come on Madae where have you been for the past 3 years? There is no "spying" or "cross-realming". Albs are just so predictable, we know their next move before they do.

wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Oct 07, 2021 00:01

fremster wrote:
Madae wrote:It's one thing when people stumble upon your group doing something, and another when they knew you were doing it and only went to cause trouble. I was not particularly upset that it happened, I was only in the raid to help others level, I'm merely pointing out the convenience of an enemy group showing up right when it needed to, and the supposed nature of the attack that was seemingly just confirmed to be outward hostility towards a specific player involved, even despite the fact that the group was formed out of weekly charity. Tell me that isn't pettiness for the sake of a handful of RP's.

And honestly, this is coming from a game that existed in an age without much outside communication, and where cross-realm "spying" was considered a rather serious offense. You'd think people would know better or at least have a better handle on what is considered fair and sportsmanlike. It shows a rather serious degradation in the quality of our playerbase.

Oh come on Madae where have you been for the past 3 years? There is no "spying" or "cross-realming". Albs are just so predictable, we know their next move before they do.

Albs are predictable. Hibs and Mids are much less predictable

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Oct 07, 2021 00:06

wachawacha wrote:Albs are predictable. Hibs and Mids are much less predictable

Pretty sure you can find Hibs at leps any time of the day.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Oct 07, 2021 06:48

Now you've betrayed everything. :)

Greetings

Eorkern
Gryphon Knight

Postby Eorkern » Oct 07, 2021 16:43

Last i heard, Hib or Mid doesnt a EU prime-time bi-weekly event organized by the same guy at the same time for months. It has pros and cons.

Madae
Gryphon Knight

Postby Madae » Oct 08, 2021 00:19

Rudra wrote:Hi there,
but let's be honest we're talking about an almost 20 year old game.
The levelspots are known, they are expired regularly (all 3 realms do that). everything is killed whether 50 or gray. I especially notice it in df when people log in and kill gray ones (yes, it is unnecessary and spoils the fun of the game). On the other hand, low level players also get RP for killing enemies.
But getting excited about it only shows people that they have achieved what they wanted.

Greetings

If it was any other group and for any other reason, yeah sure, whatever, but this was not just any group, and yes they probably knew the group was happening that day, but to know when it was starting or when we would show up? Our group could have gone anywhere, and yet it went to the one place that happened to have a pvp-ready group practically waiting for us... in a game that is almost barren of pvp. Nah, I don't buy that coincidence.

But still, this isn't even really the point, and I don't want to make it sound like I'm ****** because I was personally affected and/or have a "serious" problem with it, because I don't; I was only there to help. My point is that I'm surprised there isn't a truce for this kind of thing, and that there are some people out there that apparently don't want people to do fun things for new players.

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Oct 08, 2021 04:15

If most of those same players would log in and do rvr more regularly instead of only ever doing their prescheduled events then maybe the rest of the server wouldn't be so rp starved. Can't be a so called truce when there isn't any other fighting happening out side of when this group logs in obviously. I wasn't even there but it's plain to see.

Madae
Gryphon Knight

Postby Madae » Oct 08, 2021 06:08

Antiks wrote:If most of those same players would log in and do rvr more regularly instead of only ever doing their prescheduled events then maybe the rest of the server wouldn't be so rp starved. Can't be a so called truce when there isn't any other fighting happening out side of when this group logs in obviously. I wasn't even there but it's plain to see.

That argument just doesn't make any sense to me. When I was more active, we were out looking for pvp every day, or at least I was. Usually there was a group looking for something to do. Still, if people are so starved for attention, you'd think they would be more considerate to an act of charity that would create more opportunity for that.

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Oct 08, 2021 11:06

Madae wrote:If it was any other group and for any other reason, yeah sure, whatever, but this was not just any group, and yes they probably knew the group was happening that day, but to know when it was starting or when we would show up? Our group could have gone anywhere, and yet it went to the one place that happened to have a pvp-ready group practically waiting for us... in a game that is almost barren of pvp. Nah, I don't buy that coincidence.

Romu nights 101.

Usually Monday, if not it will be Tuesday.
Usually Friday, if not, it will be Saturday.
Pve nights are always Thursday.

RVR
Starts at 2000 CET, usually ports around 20:10 - 20:20 depending on how long it takes to form up.
- If there's less than 2 groups, he won't bother.
- He will usually start with targeting the realm with higher claimed keeps.
- 9/10 He will hit DC/Bled first, unless there is some one with sense reminding him that Hibs always group there in preparation for defense.
- If Hibs have all relics, he will go straight to the relic keep.
- If he is going to Bolg / Ali, he will run on the west emain/breif valley.
- If he is going to Crim / Behn, he will run in the east emain/breif valley.
-

PVE
Starts at 2000 CET
If Albs have DF, they will go there.
If no DF, they often go to summoners hall, usually through Dodens as it is the easiest path.
Sometimes goes to Giants near Boldiam.

I could go into more details but frankly I can't be bothered.

Madae
Gryphon Knight

Postby Madae » Oct 08, 2021 17:06

fremster wrote:I could go into more details but frankly I can't be bothered.

I didn't ask you to post, so don't do me any "favors". You can keep your snide and sarcastic comments to yourself.

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Oct 08, 2021 19:20

Madae wrote:
Antiks wrote:If most of those same players would log in and do rvr more regularly instead of only ever doing their prescheduled events then maybe the rest of the server wouldn't be so rp starved. Can't be a so called truce when there isn't any other fighting happening out side of when this group logs in obviously. I wasn't even there but it's plain to see.

That argument just doesn't make any sense to me. When I was more active, we were out looking for pvp every day, or at least I was. Usually there was a group looking for something to do. Still, if people are so starved for attention, you'd think they would be more considerate to an act of charity that would create more opportunity for that.

Consistency is the key here. There has never been any consistency in what you are suggesting. The only consistency is that when those event groups show up there is something to do. Your anecdotal, "when I was more active" , is not relevant as it obviously isn't happening now or on a consistent basis which is all that maters to those who play. There are not enough players online consistently for people to just log in and find action so obviously players will be drawn to the moments they can count on. Just because you choose not so see the sense in it, doesn't make it senseless.

Madae
Gryphon Knight

Postby Madae » Oct 08, 2021 20:18

Antiks wrote:Consistency is the key here. There has never been any consistency in what you are suggesting. The only consistency is that when those event groups show up there is something to do. Your anecdotal, "when I was more active" , is not relevant as it obviously isn't happening now or on a consistent basis which is all that maters to those who play. There are not enough players online consistently for people to just log in and find action so obviously players will be drawn to the moments they can count on. Just because you choose not so see the sense in it, doesn't make it senseless.

The post I'm getting attacked for was from almost two weeks ago, the act a few days earlier. It is relevant that I say I haven't been playing recently, so "when I was more active" is appropriate since my experiences from coming back are over a month old now. It was an offhand comment that has strangely created some aggressive people when I didn't even mention names or what faction it was that did it. That by itself tells me a lot, and then there is all of these people seemingly running to the defense of a bunch of jerks without even knowing who it was or whether it was even appropriate considering what the group was trying to do, in addition to it just being a plain old dick move. Basically, it's just a lot of poor excuses for poor sportsmanship. I regret even mentioning it, because I had no idea there was this many apologists around here waiting to start a fight over it.

I also don't know what is happening now and I never claimed to, so stop trying to turn this into something it isn't. All of you can kindly ****** off now. This is tiring.

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Oct 08, 2021 20:23

wachawacha wrote:
fremster wrote:

Albs are predictable. Hibs and Mids are much less predictable

Glad to see you're still hanging around :)

-Lothin

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics