Missed Opportunity?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » Oct 01, 2021 09:22

Give players who wish to PvE/XP for their RPs a means of doing so.

Regardless what you hear here from players who are firm RPs for RvR only, note that they are in the VERY VERY VERY SMALL MINORITY. The vast majority of players who are interested in still playing DAoC at this stage in its evolution just want a means to develop their characters past level 50. The state of gaming in general is that PvP/RvR needs to be an "OPTION" to advance one's characters; NOT a REQUIREMENT. Most players just want to log in and make MEANINGFUL PROGRESS on their characters with their limited play time. They might RvR or they might not, but RvR at this stage of the game's evolution must be an "OPTION" and NOT a REQUIREMENT.

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Oct 01, 2021 19:23

Kayd wrote:Give players who wish to PvE/XP for their RPs a means of doing so.

Regardless what you hear here from players who are firm RPs for RvR only, note that they are in the VERY VERY VERY SMALL MINORITY. The vast majority of players who are interested in still playing DAoC at this stage in its evolution just want a means to develop their characters past level 50. The state of gaming in general is that PvP/RvR needs to be an "OPTION" to advance one's characters; NOT a REQUIREMENT. Most players just want to log in and make MEANINGFUL PROGRESS on their characters with their limited play time. They might RvR or they might not, but RvR at this stage of the game's evolution must be an "OPTION" and NOT a REQUIREMENT.

Objectively you are wrong since you have been the only one here on the forums making this request, and multiple others on here have said the opposite, so by that fact it's you who are the minority here.

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Oct 01, 2021 19:31

This already exists in keep takes. 450 RPs for taking a level 1 keep with 2 level 1 doors. While it can't be solo'd, and difficult if there are enemies to defend it is still possible and available as an option.

I feel like the opportunity was not missed as the XP event and RP event brought about double the population to the server. Where we were usually seeing 10-20 players total at minimum and 50-70 players maximum we ended up with closer to 50-60 min and 150-180 max. I hope more events occur and perhaps we will see more player gains.

Trinacu
Warder

Postby Trinacu » Oct 02, 2021 12:24

The idea of giving RP for gaining XP is straight up ridiculous. If you want higher realm rank, you should fight for your realm.

Madae wrote:I'll be honest, I thought there was going to be a truce of sorts when an alliance bg went out to do some leveling for various people, but conveniently an enemy rvr group showed up to wipe everyone right after we had started. Some people, for sure, need to tone down their RP hunger a bit for "the greater good".

Did you know there are zones that are locked to your realm where you can't get wiped 8vs30? Did it ever dawn on you that the frontier bonus is meant to offset the risk of getting ganked?

Madae
Gryphon Knight

Postby Madae » Oct 03, 2021 03:59

fremster wrote:Cry cry you died in an RvR zone because your BG leader (the great Romulus) got greedy about how much XP bonus he wanted. There is no "truce of sorts" between the realms or players. If you want to PvE in peace, I suggest you do it behind the walls of Castle Sauvage, where only pygmies can get you.

Trinacu wrote:Did you know there are zones that are locked to your realm where you can't get wiped 8vs30? Did it ever dawn on you that the frontier bonus is meant to offset the risk of getting ganked?

Neither of these posts were necessary.

LarryDavid1
Warder

Postby LarryDavid1 » Oct 03, 2021 13:07

It would be great if the GMs of this server were able to meet us in the middle and do something to increase the interest in Uthgard. We spent over a month leveling an entire group 1-50 from scratch, getting LGM all crafts, doing the textbook thing that a group has to do to "be the change you want to see" in Uthgard. I talked my group into playing here and told them that if other people saw more numbers, maybe they'd come back too. We wouldn't have been able to do this without the xp bonus. Well, here we are. We put in the work and made a good faith effort and there is absolutely nothing to fight. We have been 50 for a week now and without doppels idk what we are going to do. We are trying so hard to bring people back but atm it doesn't feel like a winning battle. PLEASE do something to help increase interest in Uthgard
<Amateur Hour>
Mid NA

Reptar
Guardian

Postby Reptar » Oct 03, 2021 18:11

We have our answer.

Missed opportunity.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Oct 03, 2021 20:13

LarryDavid1 wrote:It would be great if the GMs of this server were able to meet us in the middle and do something to increase the interest in Uthgard. We spent over a month leveling an entire group 1-50 from scratch, getting LGM all crafts, doing the textbook thing that a group has to do to "be the change you want to see" in Uthgard. I talked my group into playing here and told them that if other people saw more numbers, maybe they'd come back too. We wouldn't have been able to do this without the xp bonus. Well, here we are. We put in the work and made a good faith effort and there is absolutely nothing to fight. We have been 50 for a week now and without doppels idk what we are going to do. We are trying so hard to bring people back but atm it doesn't feel like a winning battle. PLEASE do something to help increase interest in Uthgard

I hope you guys will stay, there is a small intimate RvR scene here, but its not going to become a 8vs8 scene anytime soon, simply too few guilds are able to set that up as of now. We have consolidated into alliances of who is still here.

I agree that event exp levels could be permanent, even though they are "generous", it still takes a long time to get 50. But it was a fair time frame to hit 50.

I can only talk from what I know of Albion, there is arranged alliance RvR twice a week, so maybe try to get the midgard alliances sorted?
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Clanggedin
Warder

Postby Clanggedin » Oct 04, 2021 00:14

So was the exp bonus kept in or did it truly end on September 30? I don't play much.

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Oct 04, 2021 07:06

Clanggedin wrote:So was the exp bonus kept in or did it truly end on September 30? I don't play much.

It is no more
Albion and having fun

Roby5869
Myrmidon

Postby Roby5869 » Oct 04, 2021 12:32

The real point is very simple. GMs want the old school feelings, and this would be ok if was only related to PvP section of the game. Because, to be clear once and for all; Daoc, for many, is not anymore a game to be discovered, PVE is not so appealing as it was 18 years ago, ppl change realms and want to be ready to fight in the less possible time.
And more to it, i'm asking myself if having a bit of extra stuff in game such as fast porters, reskins, items to buy with bounty points, barrels ect... is really affecting RvR. I think not and many ppl like this stuff. Some QoL would help too, but now i'm asking too much i know.

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Oct 05, 2021 13:29

Roby5869 wrote:i'm asking myself if having a bit of extra stuff in game such as fast porters, reskins, items to buy with bounty points, barrels ect... is really affecting RvR. I think not and many ppl like this stuff. Some QoL would help too, but now i'm asking too much i know.

Whoever here plays does for hate himself. Don't spoil this for us...

Regards
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Oct 05, 2021 18:30

Madae wrote:
fremster wrote:Cry cry you died in an RvR zone because your BG leader (the great Romulus) got greedy about how much XP bonus he wanted. There is no "truce of sorts" between the realms or players. If you want to PvE in peace, I suggest you do it behind the walls of Castle Sauvage, where only pygmies can get you.

Trinacu wrote:Did you know there are zones that are locked to your realm where you can't get wiped 8vs30? Did it ever dawn on you that the frontier bonus is meant to offset the risk of getting ganked?

Neither of these posts were necessary.

Absolutely agree. Some dick responses from people who seem to prefer that the server go back to being as dead as possible.
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Oct 05, 2021 21:49

Hi there,
I do not understand the statement. We have 2 zones a home zone (safe for levling) and a frontier zone (for Rvr).
No one wears armor or a shield that says "Beginner".
We often help people who are new or come back with level action.
We are regularly hugged by us and nobody cries.
It goes on and we go out again and help where we can.
Sure it would be nice to be able to farm there in peace, but it's RvR area, that's the way it is.
It's a game here, there are only the rules of the server that you must / should adhere to.
Take it easy and do your thing.

Greetings

Madae
Gryphon Knight

Postby Madae » Oct 06, 2021 01:15

Rudra wrote:Hi there,
I do not understand the statement. We have 2 zones a home zone (safe for levling) and a frontier zone (for Rvr).
No one wears armor or a shield that says "Beginner".
We often help people who are new or come back with level action.
We are regularly hugged by us and nobody cries.
It goes on and we go out again and help where we can.
Sure it would be nice to be able to farm there in peace, but it's RvR area, that's the way it is.
It's a game here, there are only the rules of the server that you must / should adhere to.
Take it easy and do your thing.

Greetings

It's one thing when people stumble upon your group doing something, and another when they knew you were doing it and only went to cause trouble. I was not particularly upset that it happened, I was only in the raid to help others level, I'm merely pointing out the convenience of an enemy group showing up right when it needed to, and the supposed nature of the attack that was seemingly just confirmed to be outward hostility towards a specific player involved, even despite the fact that the group was formed out of weekly charity. Tell me that isn't pettiness for the sake of a handful of RP's.

And honestly, this is coming from a game that existed in an age without much outside communication, and where cross-realm "spying" was considered a rather serious offense. You'd think people would know better or at least have a better handle on what is considered fair and sportsmanlike. It shows a rather serious degradation in the quality of our playerbase.

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics