XP Event

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Teufelhund
Warder

Postby Teufelhund » Aug 30, 2021 22:52

Great Idea and thanks for the boost, it brought myself and some of my friends back from a break!

Many of us have a FB group where I'm plugging this event and trying to get more people online and helping people get connected. We only talk about DAOC in this group, so feel free to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/368711203193735/about

Once again great event very refreshing!

carnalito
Gryphon Knight

Postby carnalito » Sep 01, 2021 00:18

Cool stuff. Almost wish I had FB :D

Lewk
Warder

Postby Lewk » Sep 11, 2021 04:51

XP event has been great. Any chance we can keep it as the new baseline for xp on Uthgard? It seems to strike the perfect balance between hard xp (compared to every other shard) and still being able to progress.

wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Sep 11, 2021 06:10

Lewk wrote:XP event has been great. Any chance we can keep it as the new baseline for xp on Uthgard? It seems to strike the perfect balance between hard xp (compared to every other shard) and still being able to progress.

I would love to see this, and more RvR events for extra RPs, and get people into going out and dying. Give RPs for deaths!

Clanggedin
Warder

Postby Clanggedin » Sep 13, 2021 00:31

EXP event should stay active until this server is back to healthy population numbers, IMO. It's the only reason casuals like me are logging back in.

Gian
Warder

Postby Gian » Sep 13, 2021 13:23

Yes to this! ^

MrPickles
Warder

Postby MrPickles » Sep 13, 2021 15:34

Maybe not permanent, but extend for rest of the year? Don't have much time to play anymore. But, it was refreshing to log on my cabalist and get 25.5-26 in about a half hour to 45 mins. I only get on a few times a month, if that, but was so nice to actually see something that resembled progress in the short window I get to carve out for playing games :)

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Sep 14, 2021 03:13

The current xp flow should be perma :twisted:
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Teufelhund
Warder

Postby Teufelhund » Sep 16, 2021 17:50

I think this has revealed player behavior by a lot. I think the choice is up to the staff but with clear consequences of keeping xp up and more active players or lowering the xp and having fewer, really no other variables to consider aside from rp events as well. My experience as a returning player is that I play every single day and leveling a lot of classes, yet with lower desire to rvr (no 50s yet but getting close) with the daily PvKeeps going on with such a small reward is only really worth doing once or twice for MCL then it drops off so darn much its not worth it for me to help out in my 40s even.

Then again I play mid and we cannot yet field larger groups to go really do anything but take empty keeps for 65rps each. Battleground quest also to take CK was tied to also maxing out RP limit so you cannot even get that and the reality is you just level up til its worth going to take empty keep for your first RAs then back to XP til 50. Maybe we can all come up with some very easy implementation to shore up some of those experiences that are sub par.

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Sep 16, 2021 19:41

Teufelhund wrote: My experience as a returning player is that I play every single day and leveling a lot of classes, yet with lower desire to rvr (no 50s yet but getting close) with the daily PvKeeps going on with such a small reward is only really worth doing once or twice for MCL then it drops off so darn much its not worth it for me to help out in my 40s even.

Then again I play mid and we cannot yet field larger groups to go really do anything but take empty keeps for 65rps each. Battleground quest also to take CK was tied to also maxing out RP limit so you cannot even get that and the reality is you just level up til its worth going to take empty keep for your first RAs then back to XP til 50. Maybe we can all come up with some very easy implementation to shore up some of those experiences that are sub par.

If you were unaware, there is a RP reduction for being under level 50 when taking keeps and the lower the level the more the reduction. Additionally, at level 50 you get the full RP for the doors and the keep lord which are what is being rewarded for taking the keep. A door that is not upgraded (i.e. a level one keep door) will only yield 150 RP's so if both doors are level one then you get 300 RP's for breaking both doors. The keep lord himself also gives RP based on his level (i.e. if the keep is claimed and upgraded he with reward more) so a level one keep lord will yield 150 RPs which brings the total RP's gained from all being level one up to 450 RP's.

When upgrades are calculated you just multiply the base 150 with the level.

Hope this information is useful to you should you want to offer suggestions or use it for further discussion on the topic.

ShySionnach
Warder

Postby ShySionnach » Sep 16, 2021 20:14

I'm back on Midgard. I just reinstalled the game again yesterday. I currently have a 50 healer with a full kit, and am trying to level up my Hunter.
~~~~~ Thunderstruck ~~~~~
Seonaid - Healer
Seonaide - Huntress

Teufelhund
Warder

Postby Teufelhund » Sep 16, 2021 20:50

Antiks wrote:
Teufelhund wrote: My experience as a returning player is that I play every single day and leveling a lot of classes, yet with lower desire to rvr (no 50s yet but getting close) with the daily PvKeeps going on with such a small reward is only really worth doing once or twice for MCL then it drops off so darn much its not worth it for me to help out in my 40s even.

If you were unaware, there is a RP reduction for being under level 50 when taking keeps and the lower the level the more the reduction. Additionally, at level 50 you get the full RP for the doors and the keep lord which are what is being rewarded for taking the keep. A door that is not upgraded (i.e. a level one keep door) will only yield 150 RP's so if both doors are level one then you get 300 RP's for breaking both doors. The keep lord himself also gives RP based on his level (i.e. if the keep is claimed and upgraded he with reward more) so a level one keep lord will yield 150 RPs which brings the total RP's gained from all being level one up to 450 RP's.

When upgrades are calculated you just multiply the base 150 with the level.

Hope this information is useful to you should you want to offer suggestions or use it for further discussion on the topic.

Great info, thanks!

I worry though with the quicker scaling once you hit like even 2L0 or 3L0 the attrition really sets in and to be honest most don't go after and pve down claimed keeps, it's really RP at the end of the night/week and topping it off with, well, pve'ing keeps even if it was way more lucrative for RPs is still really really boring. So combined, even in the best case scenario, something needs to attract people to do things out there other than that if I was to expect more turnout, gotta have a juicy carrot right, heh.

wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Sep 16, 2021 23:58

Teufelhund wrote:I think this has revealed player behavior by a lot. I think the choice is up to the staff but with clear consequences of keeping xp up and more active players or lowering the xp and having fewer, really no other variables to consider aside from rp events as well. My experience as a returning player is that I play every single day and leveling a lot of classes, yet with lower desire to rvr (no 50s yet but getting close) with the daily PvKeeps going on with such a small reward is only really worth doing once or twice for MCL then it drops off so darn much its not worth it for me to help out in my 40s even.

Mid's power is during the EU timeframe, where as hib is a lot more NA based.
Both have a lot on fridays-Sunday
Also, like antiks said with keeps, except there's a bit more calculation to it, but it's a good rough estimate

Teufelhund
Warder

Postby Teufelhund » Sep 17, 2021 00:31

wachawacha wrote:
Teufelhund wrote:I think this has revealed player behavior by a lot. I think the choice is up to the staff but with clear consequences of keeping xp up and more active players or lowering the xp and having fewer, really no other variables to consider aside from rp events as well. My experience as a returning player is that I play every single day and leveling a lot of classes, yet with lower desire to rvr (no 50s yet but getting close) with the daily PvKeeps going on with such a small reward is only really worth doing once or twice for MCL then it drops off so darn much its not worth it for me to help out in my 40s even.

Mid's power is during the EU timeframe, where as hib is a lot more NA based.
Both have a lot on fridays-Sunday
Also, like antiks said with keeps, except there's a bit more calculation to it, but it's a good rough estimate

This take is based on today 9/16/2021 and the current numbers the drive of this thread is way beyond how it looks today and to have changes on a macro level, not how it works for September 2021, totally missing the point I'm afraid, no bearing on the server changes that need to be made to entice new and more importantly, concurrent players. Appealing to how things are right now is just stepping off from the wrong point I'm afraid, sorry.

Teufelhund
Warder

Postby Teufelhund » Sep 17, 2021 00:34

I'd suggest timed events like caravans or anything very low development maybe spawn a mob going from here to there, its all about congregating people into places beyond empty keeps for an incentive like in Diablo they have very rare spawning Goblins that grant big loot drops or maybe we can have RPs, just some sort of wildcard would go a long way, gotta get bodies out beyond the wall!

Next

Return to General Topics