Any chance for a wipe/relaunch?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Lewk
Warder

Postby Lewk » Aug 25, 2021 03:23

Right now would be a perfect time to pick up all of the 2-3k DAoC players looking for a server. Server wipe/relaunch with 2x the current XP rate and no other changes would bring Uthgard to it's former glory.

We have been leveling on Uthgard to satisfy the daoc itch and it is sad how great the server is, and how that potential is wasted on leveling that feels about 2x too slow.

Double xp rates across the board and it will still be the longest leveling daoc server, and do a fresh wipe and you will have 1-2k players here on Uthgard ready to go.

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Aug 25, 2021 07:24

No wipe like uth1 again please.
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

LarryDavid1
Warder

Postby LarryDavid1 » Aug 25, 2021 12:57

I would love anything that will get more players to come over and join Uthgard, Whatever that is, I support it.
<Amateur Hour>
Mid NA

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Aug 25, 2021 13:42

Higher exp would be nice. 2x is a good suggestion.

About the wipe, I think that is very far from happening due to:

Postby Abydos » Aug 03, 2021 02:56

There will be no wipe.

viewtopic.php?p=481790#p481790
Last edited by madskaizer on Aug 25, 2021 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

LarryDavid1
Warder

Postby LarryDavid1 » Aug 25, 2021 14:20

madskaizer wrote:Higher exp would be nice. 2x is a good suggestion.

There will be no wipe.

2X xp would be great. We've been playing for a few days now and we are only level 15. We are able to persevere because we're just hanging out and having a good time, but the average player definitely would be deterred by this xp rate
<Amateur Hour>
Mid NA

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Aug 25, 2021 14:36

LarryDavid1 wrote:
madskaizer wrote:Higher exp would be nice. 2x is a good suggestion.

There will be no wipe.

2X xp would be great. We've been playing for a few days now and we are only level 15. We are able to persevere because we're just hanging out and having a good time, but the average player definitely would be deterred by this xp rate

I am on mid tonight, so remember our date for handing you some coin and items in jordheim, in about 5-7 hours, depending on when kids sleep.

Did you do kill tasks? Its solo, but its fast, I made this today just for the fun of it viewtopic.php?f=65&t=48298
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Aug 25, 2021 17:09

LarryDavid1 wrote:2X xp would be great. We've been playing for a few days now and we are only level 15. We are able to persevere because we're just hanging out and having a good time, but the average player definitely would be deterred by this xp rate

I leveled here at server start Albion, when real groups were still built. It was very lousy but after about a week we were all 40+ Your team can build a good setup for leveling (tank, buff/heal, dps) ?

Anyway, i wish you much success.
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Aug 25, 2021 17:20

Lewk wrote:Right now would be a perfect time to pick up all of the 2-3k DAoC players looking for a server. Server wipe/relaunch with 2x the current XP rate and no other changes would bring Uthgard to it's former glory.

We have been leveling on Uthgard to satisfy the daoc itch and it is sad how great the server is, and how that potential is wasted on leveling that feels about 2x too slow.

Double xp rates across the board and it will still be the longest leveling daoc server, and do a fresh wipe and you will have 1-2k players here on Uthgard ready to go.

I"m fairly certain that there is a high percentage of the players in the DAoC freeshard community that already have characters (50/temped) here already. Why they don't want to play here, well you can read past forum posts here and see the issue isn't a bunch of high RRs running around. While there are many with high RR characters, most people here are hanging out with friends and leveling up / getting Keep RPs on yet another alt.

I do think a global XP bonus would be very cool for community members that never played here before.

How about it Abydos, think you can add a large xp boost for new accounts or accounts without a 50? Give a little love for those new to Uthgard 2.0.

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Aug 26, 2021 02:15

Those bonus zones that Abydos was doing after he implemented the Elf in OG was really cool and I would love to see something like that happen again as a way to spur some excitement again.

Hard pass on the server wipe.

Lewk
Warder

Postby Lewk » Aug 27, 2021 05:18

madskaizer wrote:Did you do kill tasks? Its solo, but its fast, I made this today just for the fun of it viewtopic.php?f=65&t=48298

Aww, i watched the entire youtube video, it was great :) Love the chainmail!

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Aug 27, 2021 05:36

Xp is fine here ... you can get any toon to 50 on any realm in about 24hrs played. ... Why is my only Alb toon still 41?

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Aug 27, 2021 14:40

Antiks wrote:Those bonus zones that Abydos was doing after he implemented the Elf in OG was really cool and I would love to see something like that happen again as a way to spur some excitement again.

I will prepare something for September.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

LarryDavid1
Warder

Postby LarryDavid1 » Aug 27, 2021 14:42

Genjiro wrote:
Antiks wrote:Those bonus zones that Abydos was doing after he implemented the Elf in OG was really cool and I would love to see something like that happen again as a way to spur some excitement again.

This would be great, thank you! Our group recently started playing again and after 3 sessions we are 22 so far on mid. Any bonus certainly helps because NA times has less players overall and that's when we play
<Amateur Hour>
Mid NA

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Aug 27, 2021 16:11

Genjiro wrote:

:o This is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time, effort, and especially the consideration. :D

Return to General Topics