Potential misconception about autotraining?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Retuuyo
Warder

Postby Retuuyo » Aug 08, 2021 12:05

This post is being made due to my lack of forum researching, but some quick messing around in game. I had assumed that autotraining was available in Uthgard because the character builder that comes up first in Google says autotraining is. While in game, I had asked a couple of other players that were leveling if autotraining was in the server; one of which didn't know what autotraining is and the other wasn't certain. (I didn't ask if they were new to the game, though it seems obvious now that I should have.)

So I spent some time doing kill tasks to level 8 on a paladin (which is a controversial class in regards to autotraining, so seemed appropriate for this experiment.) and found out that no, there is no autotraining at all. I don't know if anyone else was confused about this like I was, so I decided to spread some awareness in case there were others like myself who were also unaware. As a side bonus, I tried poking the trainer to see if that would proc the autotraining as well.

https://imgur.com/a/Iy31pRY

TL;DR for those with short attention spans: I thought there might be autotraining on Uthgard, turns out there isn't. At least from what I found out leveling a paladin.

**Edit: Just realized I forgot to mention; I added the imgur album to show some screenshots of the paladin at level 7, then at level 8, and then having poked the trainer, and a screenshot of the Uthgard Character Builder.

Romu
Gryphon Knight

Postby Romu » Aug 08, 2021 14:32

There is Autotraining on Uthgard, but it was changed how it works with a patch.

Earier, you only got the autotrain-points when you did not spent skillpoints in the autotrain-lines. So as a Paladin you could not spend skillpoints in Chants and Slash to get the autotrain-points, which was very hard to level your char up.

With the Change you get the autotrain-points even if you spend points in that line. So if you put some skillpoints in chants, you will get the autotrain bonuspoints when you reach the apropriate levels (Level 8, 12, 16, etc.). You only get the autotrain bonuspoints if you put skillpoints in that line. So as a Paladin if you dont spend points in the slash-line you will not get the bonuspoints for slash. That is that you can not use the bonuspoints for slash in other lines. As a level 50 Paladin you can skill slash and chants to skillevel 12 without costs, you get the bonus points when you skill that line. If you skill chants as a paladin, you will get 2 Bonuspoints when you hit Level 8, 3 Bonuspoints when you hit Level 12, 4 Bonsupoints when you hit Level 16 etc.

So Skill as you like when leveling up your toon, you will get some Bonuspoints automatically :)

Retuuyo
Warder

Postby Retuuyo » Aug 08, 2021 14:42

So to clarify, in order to autotrain now, I have to put specialization points into the skills I want autotrained? Assuming they are from the specific list of skills that are able to be autotrained.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Aug 08, 2021 15:53

while you have points earned thx to autotrain system you can add them for free on that autotrain lines, you will see that they are not discounted from the points available
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Botanist
Myrmidon

Postby Botanist » Aug 08, 2021 16:22

Thanks for opening that topic. I was asking the same question and got several different answers.

Does that mean, for example for a Nightshade/Infi/SB, in order to get all AT points one needs to spec 48 points in Stealth?
Do I keep the additional skillpoints when I do a respec afterwards and only put 36 or so in the stealth line?

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Aug 08, 2021 17:07

Botanist wrote:Thanks for opening that topic. I was asking the same question and got several different answers.

Does that mean, for example for a Nightshade/Infi/SB, in order to get all AT points one needs to spec 48 points in Stealth?
Do I keep the additional skillpoints when I do a respec afterwards and only put 36 or so in the stealth line?

At level 48, you would have 11 free stealth skill level. So either the points is just a part of your large points pool, or the first 11 skills does not consume any points. This is the only way I see it could be implemented when its not autotraining at 8,12,16 etc etc.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Botanist
Myrmidon

Postby Botanist » Aug 08, 2021 18:36

jeah but the question is wether I have to spec 48 points in the line (e. g.) stealth in order to get the points.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Aug 08, 2021 19:04

Botanist wrote:jeah but the question is wether I have to spec 48 points in the line (e. g.) stealth in order to get the points.

That would not make sense. Its your character level 48 that would give stealth 11 if you autotrained, not 48 in stealth.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Botanist
Myrmidon

Postby Botanist » Aug 08, 2021 19:54

Scroll up buddy. That's what people were discussing here earlier :grin:

Romu
Gryphon Knight

Postby Romu » Aug 08, 2021 21:00

You need to put 12 skillpoints in a line to get full autotrain benefit. Actually, you dont get bonus points directly, the first 12 Skillpoints in an autotrain-line are for free. If you put skillpoints in an autotrain line before you hit the level requirement, you get the points back when you hit the level.

If you respec at Level 50, all lines are at 1. Again, the first 12 points in any autotrain-line are for free.

So you dont need to care about the autotrain-points, play normally and put skillpoints in every line you want, you will get the bonus points automatically.

Botanist
Myrmidon

Postby Botanist » Aug 08, 2021 21:44

now i get it! Thanks for explaining :)

Retuuyo
Warder

Postby Retuuyo » Aug 08, 2021 22:42

Oh, that is a much better way of explaining this new system, that the specialization points for that skill to a certain point are free as you hit level milestones. Probably wouldn't notice autotraining during the leveling process then unless you were looking for it.

tommyroland
Guardian

Postby tommyroland » Aug 09, 2021 07:09

The best mop for the vinyl floor to make it shine in no time

If you want to find an excellent mop that can make your vinyl floor shine in no time, this list from The King Live is something you shouldn’t skip. To read the full analysis, visit their website at The King Live. Here is a quick review so you can catch up with what they have in store.

1. Microfiber Wholesale Professional Microfiber Mop

This is a simple mop you can use to quickly make your vinyl floor shine. Working excellently in both wet and dry mopping, the Microfiber Wholesale Professional Microfiber Mop can help you get rid of debris and polish the surface to the finest. This mop is super easy to use with a direct effect on your vinyl floor. One thing that you may find about this mop that is not to your liking is it can’t be used in tight areas.

2. Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop

If you don’t like the idea of carrying a bucket of water around the house while mopping your vinyl floor, then the Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop is your best choice. With a refillable bottle that is attached to the handle, you just have to spray and mop along the way. This mop can help you get rid of stubborn stains with the non-scratch scrubbing tool, so you can clean the vinyl floor perfectly and polish it afterward.

3. O-Cedar Microfiber Cloth Wet Mop

The O-Cedar Microfiber Cloth Wet Mop is the cheapest option among mops for Vinyl floors in this list. But the price tag doesn’t determine the efficiency of this cleaning tool. With microfiber strips that can absorb excess water and polish your vinyl floor gently, this mop is a steady and reliable option for people who want a simple and direct cleaning result.

4. O-Cedar ProMist MAX

Here is another spray mop for your vinyl floor. The O-Cedar ProMist MAX stands out with a double-sided mop pad to increase the total areas of vinyl floor you want to clean. Moreover, the tiny microfiber strips make the mop pad work like a velcro strap that effortlessly picks up debris from your vinyl floor. Once the floor is completely cleaned, you can start polishing it with the soft microfiber pad to make it shine in no time.

Find More Info:

Best Mop for Vinyl Floors: TOP Options for Long-Lasting Flooring

Best Mop for Vinyl Floors: Buying Guide and TOP Suggestions

5. O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop

Everyone knows the key to good polishing is keeping the pad fresh all the time, and the O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop can help you achieve that. With a spinning bucket that helps you wash the soft microfiber mop pad instantly, your vinyl floor will only contact a clean pad. Therefore, your floor will quickly be cleaned and ready for polishing. To make it extra fresh, you can throw the pad into the washing machine from time to time to keep it in good condition.

This is not the end of The Best Mop For Your Vinyl Floor: Make it Shine In No Time list. You can continue reading reviews about other amazing choices on the TheKingLive website. So make sure you pay them a visit now!

Return to General Topics