Is there a plan to get population higher?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Aug 05, 2021 11:53

:lol: I love it!

If only I was important :cry:
Last edited by madskaizer on Aug 05, 2021 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Aug 05, 2021 15:10

"Clingers and shills will have an excuse for why everything is fine even when there's 5 people left."

The call-for-changes-QoL-And-Everything-Will-Be-Fine clingers and shills are even worse.

Just accept the fact that Uthgard is in a passive mode, due to no active development. Blue is not handing over the code-base to dolserver.

Enjoy it while it last.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Teufelhund
Warder

Postby Teufelhund » Aug 05, 2021 16:46

madskaizer wrote:"Clingers and shills will have an excuse for why everything is fine even when there's 5 people left."

The call-for-changes-QoL-And-Everything-Will-Be-Fine clingers and shills are even worse.

Just accept the fact that Uthgard is in a passive mode, due to no active development. Blue is not handing over the code-base to dolserver.

Enjoy it while it last.

The market has spoken and sometimes it is hard but you have to realize the olden days are gone. Freezing the game mechanics and daily life around when we were all about 19 and had all day to play will only get you people who have all day to play. People who are now 40, peaking in their careers, children, etc., all have likely come here at some point and quit after that feeling sets in. I'd bet hard money most people quit <lv 10 because the issue of the small pop makes that feeling set in very very quickly when you've been tasking in a major area for 10 levels and haven't seen anyone and maybe an empty horse go by. Advocate for this at your own peril.

Even really ****** MMOs are out there that you have to pay for have huge grinds, yet you feel you are progressing, and they have way more than <50 people playing. This server needs to get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Aug 05, 2021 21:24

to all this ppl complaining how hard is to lvl, tasking you can make 3-4 lvls/h solo...in 6 hours played you are lvl 20...here is when you can start crying
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Teufelhund
Warder

Postby Teufelhund » Aug 05, 2021 21:28

I also play here nearly every day and am leveling up again and can tell you it is very rough, in about 30 hours of play I've seen 3 people, 2 were crafters, and one was another noob BD that waved at me then ran off. Oh and two empty horses went by once. Solo tasking is the only viable method with this low population too, furthering the empty world feel. What good reason would anyone have to think this is sustainable? What about when I hit 20 and I can't even task anymore? Chaining blues as a healer to 50? For what endgame, there's no rvr, just rvk.

This love it or leave it approach has got to go. Sounds crazy to present :

Problem : Horrible population for several years here.
Action : Don't change anything.
Result : Population remains horrible.

Uthgard : surprised pikachu

Teufelhund
Warder

Postby Teufelhund » Aug 05, 2021 21:41

Ilerget wrote:to all this ppl complaining how hard is to lvl, tasking you can make 3-4 lvls/h solo...in 6 hours played you are lvl 20...here is when you can start crying

This isn't even close to accurate to how fast you can level to 20. Tell you what, start a twitch stream and I'll send you $100 if you can level any class of your choice to 20 in <6 hours played doing only tasks.

Finalement
Eagle Knight

Postby Finalement » Aug 06, 2021 01:03

This comment section reads like that support group Cpt. America ran after the Thanos snap. It's even the same people.

I take things for what they are and this server IS dead.
Still a nice refuge to come to to remind myself of my youth and the amazing times I had on Uth1 =)

Till I realize that I hit the same mob for an hour and still did not ding, log out and do sth productive, just as the devs intended.

Uth is fine as it is

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Aug 06, 2021 12:37

It's quite an obvious answer why people always ask for changes; they want to play here, they just want to feel like the developers are doing something to make the server more viable long term. This is fairly obvious. Yes, Blue may not want to change a single item, I get that, but this "what if" is the reason people still ask for changes.

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Aug 06, 2021 18:59

:bored: :bored: :bored: :bored:

Teufelhund
Warder

Postby Teufelhund » Aug 07, 2021 02:01

NVM edit wont let me delete

Rakjsh
Myrmidon

Postby Rakjsh » Aug 07, 2021 08:36

Unfortunately true and same goes by whoever said you can make 3-4 lvls/h with hitting lvl20 with 6 played hours with tasks...I don't know what drugs he's on but I want the same, been playing 3 days, created a skald so at least I d have some speed to run from NPC to mobs and back and still is around lvl11...I'd add the money on the 200$ offered for a streaming cause I surely am rusty and def doing something wrong :-)

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Aug 07, 2021 18:35

The majority of people moaning for change are the ones not even playing.
You can literally get level 40 in several hours play. 40-50 takes a bit longer, but still it is a matter of hours and days, not weeks.

When is the best time to plant a tree? 20 years ago. When is the 2nd best time? now. The same applies to daoc and uthgard.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Aug 07, 2021 20:34

fremster wrote:The majority of people moaning for change are the ones not even playing.
You can literally get level 40 in several hours play. 40-50 takes a bit longer, but still it is a matter of hours and days, not weeks.

When is the best time to plant a tree? 20 years ago. When is the 2nd best time? now. The same applies to daoc and uthgard.

It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Aug 12, 2021 10:19

DaoC players are the modern version of Goldilocks.

Either to Classic or to far from classic.
Either no action or "OMG them zerging!"

I think we were cursed when we initially started 20 years ago, to never be satisfied.
Albion and having fun

Finalement
Eagle Knight

Postby Finalement » Aug 12, 2021 11:43

fremster wrote:The majority of people moaning for change are the ones not even playing.

Not entirely true. The people don't play because there is no change, not the other way around.
It took me 2.5 hours to get to lvl 5, it is simply not true to get to 40 in a few hours IF you are starting new. (Lvling another toon is FAR easier)

No offense meant by this post at all btw, just meant asclarification. I gonna try again to lvl when ai have time and gonna keep posting my experience. Because I'm the silent casual minority who happens to stumble across this forum from time to time <3

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics