Is there a plan to get population higher?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Gilded
Myrmidon

Postby Gilded » Jun 27, 2021 07:03

Do you realize how utterly elitist you sound guy?

The players have spoken? Honestly the most LOLZ I've seen on these forums.

Population is low, esp. NA nights. You cannot force people to play the way YOU want them to play.

And what about new people/toons with no rps? To hell with them right guy? They can just run around empty zones finding no one and just continue playing w/o MCL or any starter RA's? To accommodate you, right guy?

Maybe they can hit up the BG's, I hear they are hopping. Right guy?

Server is on its last legs but ya... turn off rps for keeps :gaga:

Good idea! After all, people have hour upon hour to roam 12 empty zones looking for..... someone?

Keeps offer people who have family's and jobs a way to gain rps when there are 15-20 people online.

PS - 48hr timer to move to another realm is fine but perhaps GM should have added a week long separate timer to remain in one spot, in hindsight. Too late now.

Way too much hopping going on frankly.

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Jun 27, 2021 16:37

Gilded,
You must not read much of my posts on these forums, or you would know this last one was dripping with sarcasm. I am probably the biggest proponent here for awarding more RPs for player participation. RP for dying to PVP, RP for door upgrades, RP for relic capture. More PVEish RP rewards has the biggest shot at population gain IMO.

Gilded wrote:You cannot force people to play the way YOU want them to play

I literally said this to the King of Hibernia the other day. A couple times even as its the truth.

Gilded wrote:Server is on its last legs but ya... turn off rps for keeps

Again sarcasm so dripping there is an ocean below it. This server must be a centipede because it has been on its 'last legs' for over 2 years now. Nothing has changed, nothing will change. (Thanks for the Elf!) No amount of begging, whining, or reasonable arguments will make it so. It has been said by Abydos already, although it wasn't a front page news items so maybe it doesn't count. There is no 'Active' development happening on Uthgard. Seriously thanks for the Elf.

Gilded wrote:PS - 48hr timer to move to another realm is fine but perhaps GM should have added a week long separate timer to remain in one spot, in hindsight. Too late now.
Way too much hopping going on frankly.

How would a week on a realm vs 2 days change anything? I see the realm transfer as benefit to the player not a problem. When the population at a specific time or on a specific realm is too low or too high to have fun (relatively of course, as fun is subjective), players can move to another realm to suit their enjoyment / play how they want.

Gilded wrote:You cannot force people to play the way YOU want them to play

:hammer: Well said!

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Jun 28, 2021 06:10

Ebbie wrote:
Hey Abydos, can you turn off keep RP for a week to see what happens ? Will population rise/fall/remain? I wonder what the total RP/week would be.

says the one rp farming / xrealming in order to get rp's...ur a joke and everyone knows it. that's why u got banished from hibernia and no one blinks an eye. go cheat with the albs/mids. utter trash. /yawn
Drastic / Blademistaire / Kardashian
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Jun 28, 2021 18:32

says the guy from a banned account that got banned from cheating. :roll: :gaga: what a fool you keep showing yourself to be.

MrPickles
Warder

Postby MrPickles » Jun 28, 2021 21:08

To clarify, this is not a request to do this. Just wondering if a way to get people back, offer a second server that's a fresh start, then, after a year, merge them. No wipes. Yes, the original would probably tank down to maybe 10 people, which isn't significantly different than it is now in comparison to what it was at launch. It's the fresh start itch that people like to scratch. Again, not a request to do this, I've lurked these forums for years, I know how it all works. Just a thought, too bad you can't spin up an alternative reality just to see how it would play out :). I haven't thrown in the towel for uth, regardless of pop, still my favorite server hands down. I just play here for a couple weeks throughout the year. I'll continue to do so until the light get turned off.

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Jun 28, 2021 23:11

virulent- wrote:
Ebbie wrote:
Hey Abydos, can you turn off keep RP for a week to see what happens ? Will population rise/fall/remain? I wonder what the total RP/week would be.

says the one rp farming / xrealming in order to get rp's...ur a joke and everyone knows it. that's why u got banished from hibernia and no one blinks an eye. go cheat with the albs/mids. utter trash. /yawn

How does one get banished from Hibernia? All I need to do is set my timer to go there....

Oh maybe you mean why did I remove my guilds from the Expedient Demise Alliance? Tired of the drama crybabies trash talking other players using personal attacks with terms derogatory to women, gays, and the disabled with no one standing up to them. How anyone is still in that alliance (or the A**holes kicked out) is beyond me.

RP farming?!??! I barely get 1-10k a week or even half that much. If you think that is RP farming I understand, since you got most of yours 1 RP at a time killing greys. :lol:

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Jun 29, 2021 04:02

MrPickles wrote:To clarify, this is not a request to do this. Just wondering if a way to get people back, offer a second server that's a fresh start, then, after a year, merge them. No wipes. Yes, the original would probably tank down to maybe 10 people, which isn't significantly different than it is now in comparison to what it was at launch. It's the fresh start itch that people like to scratch. Again, not a request to do this, I've lurked these forums for years, I know how it all works. Just a thought, too bad you can't spin up an alternative reality just to see how it would play out :). I haven't thrown in the towel for uth, regardless of pop, still my favorite server hands down. I just play here for a couple weeks throughout the year. I'll continue to do so until the light get turned off.
Implement PVP ruleset I think this would get a few.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jun 30, 2021 03:00

Btw in case anybody was curious about the original question, the answer seems NO, there is no plan to get the population higher. Abydos if you feel I have misrepresented your response, please by all means speak up and outline the plan.

Snigel
Eagle Knight

Postby Snigel » Jul 01, 2021 19:25

Ithiggi wrote:Implement PVP ruleset I think this would get a few.

signed!
Satas Hakx - various artists

Aten
Warder

Postby Aten » Jul 02, 2021 09:46

PvP ruleset would very cool.

I've been playing a little bit over the last lockdown here in Australia and all my buds from last year no longer seem to be around. Whenever I've been on, there's usually 1 to 5 other hib chars logged in and zero rvr or pve groups. It's too bad and quite sad because this game is actually really good. Oh well, soloing mobs, listening to some music and drinking a few beers is still pretty relaxing. See you all in game.

Also, someone managed to steal Blood Feud Guild lead from me, kick all members, lose the house and I assume raid the guild vault :(

Thorgrimm - 50 Druid
Keesh - 50 Enchanter
Aten - 26 Eldritch
Wrexx - 19 Blademaster

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Jul 02, 2021 19:52

Aten wrote:PvP ruleset would very cool.
Also, someone managed to steal Blood Feud Guild lead from me, kick all members, lose the house and I assume raid the guild vault :(

Thorgrimm - 50 Druid
Keesh - 50 Enchanter
Aten - 26 Eldritch
Wrexx - 19 Blademaster

Hey Aten, welcome back again. Yeah you can thank Alpha for all that nonsense, he also raided the ED guild vault and kicked a bunch of people as well before disappearing.

Some of us that you were playing with before are on Mid at the moment. Feel free to come hang with us if you like.

Eli/Rumply

Aten
Warder

Postby Aten » Jul 08, 2021 15:19

Ebbie wrote:
Aten wrote:PvP ruleset would very cool.

Thorgrimm - 50 Druid
Keesh - 50 Enchanter
Aten - 26 Eldritch
Wrexx - 19 Blademaster

Hey Aten, welcome back again. Yeah you can thank Alpha for all that nonsense, he also raided the ED guild vault and kicked a bunch of people as well before disappearing.

Some of us that you were playing with before are on Mid at the moment. Feel free to come hang with us if you like.

Eli/Rumply

Hey man!! I hope you and the rest of the crew are doing well. I've found a few buds to play with on hib so might you see Mids out in the frontier :)

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jul 14, 2021 13:08

Thread is more alive than server.

Abydos, will we celebrate end of summer holidays in SI?
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jul 14, 2021 22:41

No, as previously stated there is not ongoing work on that front so no progress is expected.

Teufelhund
Warder

Postby Teufelhund » Jul 17, 2021 04:50

I've made constructive criticism posts without being toxic and they continue to be shadowbanned/deleted by the admins here. I want success here but even at a far-away level of light criticism to be shadowbanned and deleted is a sign of any server, here or any other private server type of any retro game, is a tell-tale sign of death.

I'm not even one that engages with the staff or has any axe to grind. Imagine loving a game and saying what doesn't work for you and having all of your posts deleted while being completely respectful. No names were called or any rules broken; just a staff that goes and deletes points you made in lieu of responding to them, even if you have a disappointing answer - to just delete instead of allowing it exist is a shame, I love this game and always respected the legacy of this server, and to be treated as those that go off the handle when you are giving honest feedback is honestly disgusting as I want this to exist and succeed but I'm not allowed to tell you why I stopped logging is disheartening to say the least.

I'm one of the good guys that invest my time here, why can't my posts exist?

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics