Terrible Lags

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Bogged
Myrmidon

Postby Bogged » Mar 05, 2021 21:27

I switched realms three days ago from alb to hib. i logged in every day since than and have i evey zone i was so far terrible lags. i barly can play like that. i never had that since the beginning of uth 2.0 . Its like a constant jerk. My connection is fine. i cant think of whats the problem ... anyone else have that issue ?

rorik
Warder

Postby rorik » Mar 05, 2021 23:08

Bogged wrote:I switched realms three days ago from alb to hib. i logged in every day since than and have i evey zone i was so far terrible lags. i barly can play like that. i never had that since the beginning of uth 2.0 . Its like a constant jerk. My connection is fine. i cant think of whats the problem ... anyone else have that issue ?

ymmv but with the latest NVIDIA driver, I have to enable "Display pointer trails" on my mouse to fix the lag.

DisplayPointerTrails.PNG

Bogged
Myrmidon

Postby Bogged » Mar 05, 2021 23:27

OK thanks for that ive done this and so far i looks like it works. But what i found out is, i have an onboard Graphic card and a Nvidia Gforce. Ive made a Furmark Benchmark and the GForce works fine. But in the Daoc Settings my onboard graphic card is shown as activ.... Thats wierd. But i never looked at this so i cant say if it wsnt always like that. I hope the problem is solved :)

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Mar 06, 2021 05:08

I had lag when moving my mouse after a new graphics card was installed. The faster I moved the mouse the more I lagged. Enabling mouse pointer trails fixed the issue for me at first, but it had to be turned on every time I started the game. Turns out the real issue was the Report polling rate of my logitech G502 mouse within the logitech gaming software. Adjusting the report rate down to the lowest setting of 125 reports per second fixed the lag when moving the mouse.

Bogged
Myrmidon

Postby Bogged » Mar 06, 2021 07:43

i have the same mouse, but that settings doesnt changes the lags :(. Even when i plug in a simple mouse. Yeasterday i works with the mouse tail "fix" but now my mouse arrow disaper in game ...
Why this problem aperars right now ? i played the last weeks and month without any issues.
Dont know what to do now

Bogged
Myrmidon

Postby Bogged » Mar 06, 2021 14:14

Ok i found the Problem... i damaged with the chair the charger cable :) lol i repaired it and now it wokrs fine again / blush

Bazz
Warder

Postby Bazz » Apr 28, 2021 18:24

@rorik

Thank you for this Mouse Pointer fix !

Romu
Gryphon Knight

Postby Romu » Apr 28, 2021 19:30

Fix is no longer needed, Nvidia Driver 466.11 fixed the lag issue.

Return to General Topics