RvR missions (again!)

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Jan 27, 2021 18:57

Hello,

Anything going on with the much anticipated RvR missions?

Very nice to see the recent work & news. That week with the RP bonus and Elf in Odin's was great...all kinds of fun action, maybe like what missions will bring.

Is there any live testing or anything needed from volunteers?
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Jan 28, 2021 03:29

first rvr task is: if defended do not pull off :twisted:
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jan 28, 2021 05:51

Staff currently have no plans to implement these. If that changes we will post on news.

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Jan 28, 2021 16:21

:|

Weren't they confirmed as "coming"? Early 2019 by Genjiro I thought...

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

I wonder what happened, or why RvR missions are now in the "no" category...?

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Jan 28, 2021 17:36

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47663

Genjiro wrote:OT:
I am working on RvR Quests/Missions right now as yet another missing feature.
They will neither be the same as on Uthgard 1 but will also exceed the originals Mythic implemented back in the day.

Stay tuned!

But then Genjiro dissapears like the rest of the staff somewhere in the summer of 2019.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Jan 28, 2021 23:10

What you deserve is what you get :roll:

Or other words: Every community have the staff they deserve

But i am sure Abydos give his best
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Jan 29, 2021 23:55

Well dang. I think RvR missions were the thing a lot of optimistic players still here were really looking forward to.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jan 30, 2021 20:23

Abydos wrote:Staff currently have no plans to implement these. If that changes we will post on news.

Who is "staff" these days? I only see you Aby. Who else works on server?

Roby5869
Myrmidon

Postby Roby5869 » Jan 30, 2021 23:19

I think is will take very little to bring many ppl back here if only GMs wanted. RvR task mission is one of the major change that could accomplish it, but it's not the only one of course that can do the trick.
The others? as we told them so many times some changes have to be done for the sake of the server and it's population. This game is 20 years old now and there is not much we have to discover about it, so implementing some minor changes in PVE could help to retain population and improve getting ready to go RvR faster. Such things like more porters, longer Realm Speed, Exp QoL, and the final promised SI.
Other things that could improve population is introducing reskins and legendary wepons (ppl always like to show off) and give us a reason to gain so many BPs but not beeing able to spend them.
More is having events going on now and then. I remember doing smallmen fights in OG or other things you did in the past to make ppl enjoy staying here.
All these above won't change RvR mechanics at all but will make life easier, exp faster and the heart feel better for all these old Daoc players that still stay around even after such a long time.
I know very well that this classic server was a dream for you GMs. I know it was a long time you were longing for it and finally you could do it. But let's be serious, it's not working! 60 players at prime time is the prove that it's not all going well. I think is time to change and show that Uthgard can do much better than others as it always did.
I started playing here on Uthgard 1 and this server was the best server around, with lots of ppl in it. It's time to make it great again.

thaneel
Myrmidon

Postby thaneel » Feb 01, 2021 18:03

albeyond wrote:
Abydos wrote:Staff currently have no plans to implement these. If that changes we will post on news.

And what are you working on ? :grin:

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Feb 02, 2021 02:39

thaneel wrote:
albeyond wrote:

And what are you working on ? :grin:

Nothing - I don't have the keys to the server like Abydos does, that's why I asked. If I was able to work on the server I'd be making changes

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » Feb 13, 2021 11:19

the last remaining part of the staff does just nothing...only working randomly on years old issues regarding players that have left the server for good. with this staff, that is incapapbel to change 'big things' this server will never change. also i believe the point of daoc in the remaining staffs head, is not the point active players have

Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » Apr 01, 2021 09:42

RvR missions and Personal solo frontier tasks that give a small amount of RP per run would bring me back here.

The problem with Uthgard right now is in the "Alternatives Analysis". Playing Uthgard in its current form is not fun and any progress feels like a chore. Then persons look at other games such as Guild Wars 2 which has also been around a very long time. Playing GW2 is fun and doesn't feel like a chore to make progress on your character. At the current state of the Uthgard server, I would rather spend my time doing housework than play the game. Sad.

Bayernkoenig
Warder

Postby Bayernkoenig » Apr 27, 2021 12:20

Hello everyone, I have also lost the fun with Uthgard at the moment. I thought it was great that the Uthgard project made it possible to play DAOC, and I did so for many years - thanks to everyone who got involved here. I met a lot of great people, some of them really made a lasting impression on me!
I personally regret that Uthgard did not develop any further. A lot of people have thought about it, I think that's good because it shows how important the game is to many users.

Ultimately, however, the designers at Uthgard also have the right to design the rules on the server as they want, because it is their intellectual property.

All I have to do is decide whether I want to continue or do not want to. I have decided to take a break, but continue to watch what happens and I am convinced that many will do that.

(translated by Google)

Return to General Topics