Calling NA players

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Pompernick
Warder

Postby Pompernick » Jan 05, 2021 05:38

We need NA players in Alb badly.

We have no presence during this time frame and I want to fight back. Clerics/Sorcs/Minstrels are at a priority.

So if you are deciding to come back to Uthgard and are NA come to Alb please. We need you.

Pompernick
Warder

Postby Pompernick » Jan 05, 2021 05:56

Ah and obviously this doesn't mean if you play hib or mid to come to alb. It's a call for new or returning players to come to alb to balance the field. It will benefit all players for alb to have a presence during NA time.

Lurker
Gryphon Knight

Postby Lurker » Jan 05, 2021 15:37

I was trying to level a minstrel but the time required is too long to do it solo so I gave up about 35ish :(
It was getting to the point where i would hardly see a dent in my exp bar after an hour or twos play time.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jan 06, 2021 17:44

I tried to bring people back but nobody wants to spend a month leveling with 20 players total so we moved on.

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Jan 07, 2021 02:31

Logged in to pay rent on my cleric.

Saw there were 7 albs on.

Shook my head, Paid rent, logged off and played something else.

Waste of time
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Thatsamdude
Warder

Postby Thatsamdude » Jan 07, 2021 14:54

I live in England but normally game on NA hours cause my mates from that side of the world, we tried Uthgard for a while my mate quit Uthgard cause its too much.. he has limited time as do I, levelling here is a joke for the veteran daoc gamer this is a 20yr old game now, I get the 'classic' feel but there is a limit to the madness, I solod alot anyway and I found one group, I made it to 20++ but then nomore groups, nobody online, when you whisper people who are online they don't reply (when we see 34 online, thats 20 afks and 14actives probably), when you ask for group/lfm etc nothing.. the problem here as mentioned time and time again is no QOL at all. where are hasteners? where is the /train command, where is the personal bind stone? when I kill a yellow mob solo no matter of our level I want to see the exp bar move.. its little tiny easy 5min changes like this that will change the server, also opening the SI portal and just letting those zones accessible .. thats what people want... denying it is reflected in a graph i saw here on the forums.. from 5k player to 30... M-A-D-N-E-S-S.

I have to play on that other junk server for now, I'd like to be on Uthgard though as OF is the thing I miss and love but with nobody to level with in an MMORPG.. whats the point really.

Have a lovely day all.

Allyk123
Myrmidon

Postby Allyk123 » Jan 07, 2021 15:22

Thatsamdude wrote:I live in England but normally game on NA hours cause my mates from that side of the world, we tried Uthgard for a while my mate quit Uthgard cause its too much.. he has limited time as do I, levelling here is a joke for the veteran daoc gamer this is a 20yr old game now, I get the 'classic' feel but there is a limit to the madness, I solod alot anyway and I found one group, I made it to 20++ but then nomore groups, nobody online, when you whisper people who are online they don't reply (when we see 34 online, thats 20 afks and 14actives probably), when you ask for group/lfm etc nothing.. the problem here as mentioned time and time again is no QOL at all. where are hasteners? where is the /train command, where is the personal bind stone? when I kill a yellow mob solo no matter of our level I want to see the exp bar move.. its little tiny easy 5min changes like this that will change the server, also opening the SI portal and just letting those zones accessible .. thats what people want... denying it is reflected in a graph i saw here on the forums.. from 5k player to 30... M-A-D-N-E-S-S.

I have to play on that other junk server for now, I'd like to be on Uthgard though as OF is the thing I miss and love but with nobody to level with in an MMORPG.. whats the point really.

Have a lovely day all.

I'm from Scotland and play Albion. I levelled 1-50 in 2 weeks, partly thanks to a really nice guild I joined.

I have never logged in at any one time and thought there was nothing to do. Leveling in the frontiers, BG and DF has added XP rates and RVR is always happening albeit Albs are the one suffering most.

As someone above said, better to not compare it to other servers because this is unique.

FWIW i've no regrets coming back to Uthgard because I love OF and have had the most enjoyment from this game in well over a decade recently.

It's tough to get started but if that is the gripe then send me a message and I'll kill some mobs and help you level up to 10/15 to get you started. After that, as I say... XP in Frontiers/BG/DF and you will notice a massive difference.

Quik
Myrmidon

Postby Quik » Jan 12, 2021 04:22

I would be willing to make a new cleric in Albion, but couple of times I've been on I have not seen another soul.

We have a few people that might want to make a group? Cleric if here if anyone is interested

Allyk123
Myrmidon

Postby Allyk123 » Jan 14, 2021 15:20

Quik wrote:I would be willing to make a new cleric in Albion, but couple of times I've been on I have not seen another soul.

We have a few people that might want to make a group? Cleric if here if anyone is interested

If you see 'kanj' on let me know and i'll let you join me leveling up. I'm a 31 necro.

Quik
Myrmidon

Postby Quik » Jan 15, 2021 02:06

@Allyk123 Thanx for the offer. I have been on 4-5 times and I haven't seen ya.

I have seen a few people in all different levels and I have sent tells but have got no responses. Obviously they could be afk, but just letting everyone know I have been making an effort with a cleric and have had zero responses.

If people want to get a few more people on the server, then anyone playing a utility class (like a cleric) will need some help lvling up. I did kill a few mobs but it takes 5 minutes just to fight 1 mob and my xp bar didn't move much.

Kazvall
Myrmidon

Postby Kazvall » Jan 16, 2021 20:50

I am trying very hard to get my paladin to 50 from 48. I have very little desire to solo but that is my only option 90% of the time. Any time I find an okay frontier spot, I get ganked by some lonely solo/duo. Having to manually do 10 buff pots every 10 minutes, limited healer locations, poor population(when you do /who all and it is 16 people, most of which are afk), and clearly the server being on life support is pretty depressing.

I'm not sure why small QoL stuff isn't put in? Why does this server need to be a chore to play? Why will I struggle for months to level up, only to RvR in very small groups on a dead server?

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jan 16, 2021 21:11

Kazvall wrote:I am trying very hard to get my paladin to 50 from 48. I have very little desire to solo but that is my only option 90% of the time. Any time I find an okay frontier spot, I get ganked by some lonely solo/duo. Having to manually do 10 buff pots every 10 minutes, limited healer locations, poor population(when you do /who all and it is 16 people, most of which are afk), and clearly the server being on life support is pretty depressing.

I'm not sure why small QoL stuff isn't put in? Why does this server need to be a chore to play? Why will I struggle for months to level up, only to RvR in very small groups on a dead server?

Agree with everything you said but just for some added perspective, the reason the solo/small hunts xp spots is because they have nothing else to kill. A fragile RvR ecosystem is necessarily dependent on there being recurrent action, otherwise all facets of the game suffer as a result.

Kazvall
Myrmidon

Postby Kazvall » Jan 16, 2021 21:47

Oh for sure. I have no problem with people ganking me in the frontier. I am there afterall. I'm sure I'd enjoy that action if I was 50 myself. But, that's the catch-22.

Return to General Topics