Returning to Uthgard

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » Oct 13, 2020 04:11

Thinking about returning to Uthgard after a great many years.

Is there anyone or guild that can provide a couple plat to make leveling a little less painful since there is literally no one with whom to group at lower levels it seems. I really REALLY hate to beg but it is simply too painful to get to 40+ otherwise where I might actually get to play with other people. Will pay plat back when richer.

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Oct 13, 2020 10:04

Strike up a conversation in the lfg channel depending on what realm you are in. There are people in each realm that do help new starting players. What realm and time zone are you in ? I believe alb in mostly euro dominant while mid and hib are a little more spread out. Good luck out there and happy hunting :D
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Narm
Guardian

Postby Narm » Oct 17, 2020 16:20

I am returning as well. Which realm needs players most?

Malinus
Warder

Postby Malinus » Oct 18, 2020 13:34

Narm wrote:I am returning as well. Which realm needs players most?

I think all realm miss people. Now depending also your play time, and if you focus PvE or PvP.
Alb mostly EU, and only few NA... max player 30 (EU) 6 (NA)
Mid seem have 40% EU 60% NA... max player 12 (EU) 18 (NA)
Hib mostly EU and few NA... max player 14 (EU) 4 (NA)

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Oct 19, 2020 12:27

How do you guys play this game with that few people? In order for DAoC to be fun you need way more than that

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Oct 20, 2020 00:54

albeyond wrote:How do you guys play this game with that few people? In order for DAoC to be fun you need way more than that

This is true to a point, but not as black and white as you make it out to be. Obviously there is something that these players see value in this server and that you don't/can't/won't see ever. Yes the game can be more fun with more people, but for the sake of argument, there also might be some that think too many people ruin the server, etc..

Is there constant action: No.

Is there still fun to be had when these players are online: Yes.

Conversely, you could make the parallel that some might think that the other servers NA primetime is not as fun as the EU primetime because there are not as many players NA vs EU. Sure the higher numbers potentially make it more palatable, for some, but there will always be those with differing opinions on what is and isn't fun. Just saying.

kilmarnock_rha
Warder

Postby kilmarnock_rha » Oct 20, 2020 14:21

Narm wrote:Which realm needs players most?

HIBERNIA ofc :wink:
...for Hibernia! :-D

Thatsamdude
Warder

Postby Thatsamdude » Oct 27, 2020 00:58

You guys need an extra body to join you? I have been playing a little here and there and need friends to play with, let me know, thank you :))

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Oct 27, 2020 12:15

Thatsamdude wrote:You guys need an extra body to join you? I have been playing a little here and there and need friends to play with, let me know, thank you :))

I play on mid. There are usually only 2-3 of us playing during NA time but if you like standing around doing nothing, come join! Usually play 8pm EST until whenever we get tired.

Grimmace
Guardian

Postby Grimmace » Nov 02, 2020 22:08

<---Used to play Uthgard during its early days and am curious about some things. First off, were all of those original characters wiped? I attempted to log in via the launcher, and I don't see any of the 2 characters I had gotten to RR4/5.....

I will hold off my next question until I hear back on this one.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Nov 03, 2020 01:16

Yes, the whipe was in 2014 (I think) and the restart in 2017.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Nov 03, 2020 23:12

Uthgard is still enjoyable, even with low numbers :)

You need to invest in the small community, as you as a single player make up some 2-3% of the currently playing number, so if you want something to happen, make it happen !
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Nov 18, 2020 03:29

End game is not great with certain clicks of players actively searching and abusing game breaking bugs.

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Nov 18, 2020 07:10

Ithiggi wrote:End game is not great with certain clicks of players actively searching and abusing game breaking bugs.

(i was watching you from outside while i was stealthed as u were defending a keep / few weeks ago) i have a screenshot of u trying to lag jump on a roof and failing miserably...gj at searching and abusing game breaking bugs. :gaga:
Drastic / Blademistaire / Kardashian
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Nov 18, 2020 16:18

virulent- wrote:
Ithiggi wrote:End game is not great with certain clicks of players actively searching and abusing game breaking bugs.

(i was watching you from outside while i was stealthed as u were defending a keep / few weeks ago) i have a screenshot of u trying to lag jump on a roof and failing miserably...gj at searching and abusing game breaking bugs. :gaga:

Nothing is more fun than running to the next keep, only to instantly die by an animist because they put 18 shrooms in a tree trunk. Everyone is abusing the bugs and it kills what little action there is.

Next

Return to General Topics