Maps from Kirstena's Atlas

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
kilmarnock_rha
Warder

Postby kilmarnock_rha » Oct 06, 2020 07:35

Hi,
im one of those old players knowing daoc w/o ingame-maps :wink:

So is there any chance to get old maps from Kirstena's Atlas from HIBERNIA?

Does anyone have a link or can someone please upload the maps?

I found some alb-maps but nothing from hibernia :roll:

The old homepage isnt working anymore :cry:

Thanks in advance!

(I know there are lot of other maps but i realy like the one from Kirstena!)
...for Hibernia! :-D

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Oct 06, 2020 14:03

kilmarnock_rha wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance!

I do not know where to find the Kirstena maps, however I believe that Valmerwolf's UI has a full list of Atlas Maps. They also list the OTDs, which is helpful. If not, I hope you find the maps you're looking for!

janineabel
Guardian

Postby janineabel » Oct 28, 2020 04:14

I understand. Thank you for your answer.

Romu
Gryphon Knight

Postby Romu » Oct 28, 2020 19:56

You can use Wayback Machine to get an old copy of the website:

http://web.archive.org/web/201007260759 ... /kirstena/

There you can download all the Kirstena Maps.

kilmarnock_rha
Warder

Postby kilmarnock_rha » Oct 29, 2020 16:15

Romu wrote:You can use Wayback Machine to get an old copy of the website:

http://web.archive.org/web/201007260759 ... /kirstena/

There you can download all the Kirstena Maps.

thx a lot! :grin:

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Nov 03, 2020 23:42

kilmarnock_rha wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance!

You can also use the Uthgard 2.0 bestiary, that has the real exact location of the monster on maps. Just select any monster in the list to get yellow dots on its locations. F.ex. in Lough Derg: http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/zone.php?load=1
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

kilmarnock_rha
Warder

Postby kilmarnock_rha » Nov 05, 2020 11:26

madskaizer wrote:You can also use the Uthgard 2.0 bestiary, that has the real exact location of the monster on maps. Just select any monster in the list to get yellow dots on its locations. F.ex. in Lough Derg: http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/zone.php?load=1

thx for your hint...

but:

1st ... i was looking for maps to print out and make notes with a pen on paper if i need.

2nd ... this database is based on the delivery of logs. so if a mob is never/not often beeing camped/killed and returned the logs, theres NO information about him or at least the info is very poor.
examples:
irusan, hibernia, its a trophy-mob with remains
white boar, hibernia, they drop xp-loot as well

so i never use this database because its just untrustworthy.

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Nov 06, 2020 00:01

kilmarnock_rha wrote:
madskaizer wrote:You can also use the Uthgard 2.0 bestiary, that has the real exact location of the monster on maps. Just select any monster in the list to get yellow dots on its locations. F.ex. in Lough Derg: http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/zone.php?load=1

thx for your hint...

but:

1st ... i was looking for maps to print out and make notes with a pen on paper if i need.

2nd ... this database is based on the delivery of logs. so if a mob is never/not often beeing camped/killed and returned the logs, theres NO information about him or at least the info is very poor.
examples:
irusan, hibernia, its a trophy-mob with remains
white boar, hibernia, they drop xp-loot as well

so i never use this database because its just untrustworthy.

Untrustworthy, is the wrong choice of words here, becuase I have used the bestiary many times over. The Uth bestiary is going to be the most accurate source of info because it is only using submitted data from this server.

It would make more sense for you to contribute to the bestiary( and community ) instead of potentially redoing work that is already done, or doing work on paper that others will not be able to benefit from.

From my own experience, most maps or old non-uthgard resources are at best only sort of useful or not at all. Good luck.

kilmarnock_rha
Warder

Postby kilmarnock_rha » Nov 06, 2020 11:10

Antiks wrote:Untrustworthy, is the wrong choice of words here, ...

Yes, your right. " Incomplete " fits better ...

Thanks for your suggestion, maybe i will deliver some logs in the future.

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Nov 06, 2020 18:44

madskaizer wrote:

You can also use the Uthgard 2.0 bestiary, that has the real exact location of the monster on maps. Just select any monster in the list to get yellow dots on its locations. F.ex. in Lough Derg: http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/zone.php?load=1

Great job but... it works only for Hib: no yellow dots on Alb and Mid :(
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Nov 06, 2020 23:41

kilmarnock_rha wrote:
Antiks wrote:Untrustworthy, is the wrong choice of words here, ...

Yes, your right. " Incomplete " fits better ...

Thanks for your suggestion, maybe i will deliver some logs in the future.

I always welcome more logs to make the bestiary more complete! I will however say that at this point, there are not many mobs without at least 1 kill. Only special spawn times, epic mobs, high level zones have missing mobs due to requiring more than a solo character to explore properly.

Wakanidoo wrote:
madskaizer wrote:

Great job but... it works only for Hib: no yellow dots on Alb and Mid :(

Those "Total monster locations 14776" are plotted by hand, by me. That is why there is most for hib and alb, as I played those the most. But I tried to cover the starter zones to make it easier for kill tasks.

It is an insane amount of work :)
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Nov 07, 2020 02:45

madskaizer wrote:...
Those "Total monster locations 14776" are plotted by hand, by me. That is why there is most for hib and alb, as I played those the most. But I tried to cover the starter zones to make it easier for kill tasks.

You make the yellow dots just like running around and making them yourself as you see mobs??? I always assumed there was some add-on type program that was used with targeting and loc macros or something. That's amazing stuff...very appreciated.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Nov 07, 2020 13:44

Grahmdal wrote:
madskaizer wrote:...

You make the yellow dots just like running around and making them yourself as you see mobs??? I always assumed there was some add-on type program that was used with targeting and loc macros or something. That's amazing stuff...very appreciated.

"add-on" program that could do it, known as radar, would likely get you banned and I have no special permit to use that just because I'm building a 3rd party database.

I built myself a webbased tool with a map where I can select a registred mob from the database, for that particular zone and then just mark up where its spawn is. Then the coordinates are calculated from that and put into the database. So I am not writing down the x,y coordinates by hand ;)

Zetetic
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zetetic » Jul 19, 2022 23:51

Bumping this. It is possible it could be of some use to some of the recent arrivals.

Return to General Topics