BG Weekends

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » May 14, 2020 23:59

Hey everyone, Thought I would give this a go:
In addition to my almost daily roaming, I would propose we run some battle ground groups and just alternate which battlegrounds every weekend. We would skip this weekend, and start on the 23rd with Thidranki Battle grounds would run for about 2 hours of mayhem, focusing on PvP rather than the actual taking of any keep. I'm thinking from 1PM EST to 3PM EST, or 7PM EST to 9PM EST
Abydos, if you read this and you care about making the server get more populated, I beg you help us out with making these events by doubling RPs where we are going to fight to encourage people to show up, and give RPs to the losers as well. Even better would be a fluctuating bonus depending on the population compared to the most populated realm, capping it for RP and XP bonus around 30-50% to help the underpopulated realms get some love rather than Albion having all the population

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » May 15, 2020 04:23

For what its worth there is already an RP Bonus for fighting in some zones that is a bonus to take advantage of, and bonuses for low population times as well. Its up to players to come out to fight.

wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » May 15, 2020 05:57

Abydos wrote:For what its worth there is already an RP Bonus for fighting in some zones that is a bonus to take advantage of, and bonuses for low population times as well. Its up to players to come out to fight.

I never noticed the low pop bonuses... ONly hib has the eternal +10% and they don't need it anymore.

Can't you just help with some BG days and encourage some roaming on weekends in rotating BGs? It's not that much more work to add that in.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » May 15, 2020 11:34

wachawacha wrote:
Abydos wrote:For what its worth there is already an RP Bonus for fighting in some zones that is a bonus to take advantage of, and bonuses for low population times as well. Its up to players to come out to fight.

I never noticed the low pop bonuses... ONly hib has the eternal +10% and they don't need it anymore.

Can't you just help with some BG days and encourage some roaming on weekends in rotating BGs? It's not that much more work to add that in.

Nope. Not classic

Fier
Warder

Postby Fier » May 15, 2020 12:17

Back in the old days fun was the only motivation you needed. So who cares about RP bonus 8)

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » May 15, 2020 13:39

Fier wrote:Back in the old days fun was the only motivation you needed. So who cares about RP bonus 8)

+1

Also, back in the day, roaming was litterally the only way to get RPs, not the second-class citizen's way of getting them.

Return to General Topics