Getting more people up to RvR

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Apr 19, 2020 09:41

While i know the XP is increased greatly from the originally 1.65 patch, we desperately need more people at 50 to play RvR. Now it shouldn't happen in hours like other servers, because the classes need to be learned, but could we add a permanent +20% xp bonus to help people get to 50? It's better to have some bodies in the frontiers than none, and makes the game more approachable. we could also increase the group bonus from +5% per player to +10% making it a lot more worth while to work together while leveling up and getting people used to working in a group for playing RvR

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Apr 19, 2020 11:41

wachawacha wrote:While i know the XP is increased greatly from the originally 1.65 patch, we desperately need more people at 50 to play RvR.

Pretty sure there are enough level 50s around, especially Albs. They just don't RvR unless it's 2fg+ and only keeptake. They are actively dodging engagements aswell. We currenty got keep raids just after 10am in the morning, European time. 2-3 rams up on every door, so no flames untill it's too l8. If you happen to be inside a keep they attack, you have to hide (even if you are single), untill they are in the courtyard. Else they disengage. As Hibs we're lucky if we get 2 rams per group.

Solo/duo wise there is nothing out, besides one wilsoning minstrel, whom is more concerned about staying alive, then anything else. The engagements vs him are fun at times, but when one or 2 ra's are down, you need to wait 30min again for him too pop. So yeah, that gets boring pretty quickly aswell.

I can't speak for the other Hibs, but I'm pretty burned out by it.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Apr 19, 2020 14:56

If you want more 50s you need more fresh (new) players. The way to do that is for the GMs to make some noise. Otherwise you’ll get the same rvr you’ve gotten here since January of 2019.

wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Apr 19, 2020 20:40

Satiah wrote:
wachawacha wrote:While i know the XP is increased greatly from the originally 1.65 patch, we desperately need more people at 50 to play RvR.

Pretty sure there are enough level 50s around, especially Albs. They just don't RvR unless it's 2fg+ and only keeptake. They are actively dodging engagements aswell. We currenty got keep raids just after 10am in the morning, European time. 2-3 rams up on every door, so no flames untill it's too l8. If you happen to be inside a keep they attack, you have to hide (even if you are single), untill they are in the courtyard. Else they disengage. As Hibs we're lucky if we get 2 rams per group.

Solo/duo wise there is nothing out, besides one wilsoning minstrel, whom is more concerned about staying alive, then anything else. The engagements vs him are fun at times, but when one or 2 ra's are down, you need to wait 30min again for him too pop. So yeah, that gets boring pretty quickly aswell.

I can't speak for the other Hibs, but I'm pretty burned out by it.

I agree with the burnt out thing, but one problem in mid is we only have about 3 or 4 people with useful 50s atm. Everyone else just has a Supp BD and you can't just run out with 1fg of supp BDs and expect to do anything useful in most circumstances

Return to General Topics