SO why are the dragons gone?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Apr 08, 2020 17:50

This makes no sense. Unless someone literally hacked the game to one hit dragons, why would they be taken out?

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Apr 08, 2020 18:16

Uthgard's new incentive to force alb to actually rvr, probs

Technically, albses fault, again

GamingIcon
Warder

Postby GamingIcon » Apr 08, 2020 21:09

Last I heard was this, 2 things:
1. that hibs had found some kind of exploit, killing dragon 3X in 2 days
2. and that Abydos disabled all dragons in the mean time while he was looking into it a possible bug.

When hearing this, both aspects came from 2 different persons, and that #2 was closer to what has possibly happened as they (who was extremely reliable) claimed to have spoken with Abydos.
However, we don't know if #1 is true in the regard that it actually did have anything to do with #2, but it was confirmed that Hibs did kill dragon multiple times within a very short span of time.

But until we hear official word from the awsome staff here who are overworked and underpaid trying to run this great server, who knows?

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Apr 08, 2020 22:31

GamingIcon wrote:
But until we hear official word from the awsome staff here who are overworked and underpaid trying to run this great server, who knows?

Toughts and prayers bois, thoughts and prayer 8)

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Apr 09, 2020 02:35

No exploit that I know of. Perhaps it's more that Hib are not allowed to kill the dragon at all then - yep. Only the 1 zerg realm is allowed? Gotcha.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Apr 09, 2020 10:53

GamingIcon wrote:Last I heard was this, 2 things:
1. that hibs had found some kind of exploit, killing dragon 3X in 2 days
2. and that Abydos disabled all dragons in the mean time while he was looking into it a possible bug.

When hearing this, both aspects came from 2 different persons, and that #2 was closer to what has possibly happened as they (who was extremely reliable) claimed to have spoken with Abydos.
However, we don't know if #1 is true in the regard that it actually did have anything to do with #2, but it was confirmed that Hibs did kill dragon multiple times within a very short span of time.

You "heared" a lot of things. Hearing things from 2 different sources doesn't make it a fact. Also who is this "extremely" reliable person? Anyways, your last sentence is correct. Hibs killed the dragon a couple of times within a short timespan. So what? I guess then people directly assume that some kind of exploit was used.

Here are some facts for you. Hibernia didn't kill the dragon for nearly 2 years. That means, no respec stones, no dragon loot for all that time. I guess if you play a different realm that doesn't matter though. So we tried out different tactics and one worked. Can't tell you what it was, because it might work on the other realms aswell and we don't want to spoil the fun for you guys. :grin:

About the disabling the dragons. I dunno what's going on. It seems that if Albion kills it on a regular basis and the other 2 realms haven't done it for years, it's all fine and dandy. Then, when some other realm does kill it, something is wrong and we need to disable the dragons. It would have been nice if a GM would have responded and atleast told us they were about to disable the dragon and tried to clear the situation.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Apr 09, 2020 13:54

Dragon
/ˈdraɡ(ə)n/
noun: A dragon is a large, serpentine legendary creature that appears in the folklore of many cultures around the world. Typically killed by more than 40 dum-dums bangin' on it's tum-tum like a drum-drum for 1dmg at a time for 1hour, once every 7days. No other way should be allowed or is acceptable, papa dragon and mama dragon breeding on mondays, and baby dragon hatching the next and needing a few days to mature to full-monkey size.

Source: The uthgardydos-pedia, probably.

Skurk
Myrmidon

Postby Skurk » Apr 09, 2020 18:11

Killing the Dragon within a short matter of time is based on the respawn timer. I've vitnised raids where the dragon has spawned literally 5mins after the kill, didnt even get to roll the loot before killing it the 2nd time. So killing it with this short measure of time it should not the the problem of this matter.

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Apr 09, 2020 19:54

Seems to me like the Dragons have been removed for the same reason as when Evern was removed last year. It is because the existing mechanics allowed it to be killed by less players than which the Devs feel the encounter should be doable with. Hopefully they return faster than the 6 months or so it took to Evern to return.

I would also like to point out to the Devs, that the SI charge drop encounters should probably be looked at as well. Seems like they may have been designed to be a group encounter, not the solo/duo's killing them in Alb, probably the other realms as well.

GamingIcon
Warder

Postby GamingIcon » Apr 12, 2020 00:10

[edited to remove personal attacks]

Locking this thread, personal attacks are not allowed

Return to General Topics