Corona + Uthgard = Love? :D

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Apr 17, 2020 23:27

Roxxor wrote:All this QQ about the more frequented server just helps Antiks to bear with the state of Uthgard.
So funny to read his lied nonsense. :lol:
Nearly every day comes a patch which enhance the gameplay and bugs get fixed.
Events get regularly organised. And the most important: There is a real staffteam, not just 1 sad grumpy Abydos.

Uthgard is doomed since the Tajendinerf. Staff is away, Abydos is in charge but he moves nothing except to keep the status quo.
Genjiro is silenced in last time. Thats it, no more staff. No more Uthgard. :|
Get over it

That's your opinion about me, but I just like calling a spade a spade is all. It's just as funny reading your nonsense, so what? Look it's not like my opinions come out of thin air, bc if you do play the other server I'm sure you have seen my name out there once and a while. So my opinions of that server come with first hand experience, yet I still have the same feelings about it. Also I never played Uth1 so any anecdotal 'nonsense' you bring up about how it and uth2 are the same is meaningless to me, and I should add that the sound of Uth1 sounds very custom (Taj) and I can already tell you that I probably wouldn't like that either.

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Apr 19, 2020 21:49

broadsword might make a classic ruleset
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Apr 19, 2020 21:53

But ultimately Broadswords intention is, whether or not it starts off as a classic server, to make a progressive server that ,through player council voting, will eventually evolve to a point that they can then migrate players to Ywain.

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Apr 20, 2020 01:18

O Gawd why , they losing out on a lot of potential money. Classic Mordred pvp relaunch, classic regular server. :hammer:
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Apr 20, 2020 03:56

Pendalith wrote:O Gawd why , they losing out on a lot of potential money. Classic Mordred pvp relaunch, classic regular server. :hammer:

Mordred died rather quickly, I think before shrouded isles even became a thing. That will NEVER be coming back anywhere

Aten
Warder

Postby Aten » Apr 20, 2020 08:11

Antiks wrote:But ultimately Broadswords intention is, whether or not it starts off as a classic server, to make a progressive server that ,through player council voting, will eventually evolve to a point that they can then migrate players to Ywain.

A progression server would be the best thing to happen to this game in a long time.

Imagine the wacky combos you could make work when 30+ dungeons weren't itemized (except for Mid), there were no crafting mats/recipes for 800+ (SC/alch didn't exist) and then being excited epic armor was coming out.

Kabouik
Myrmidon

Postby Kabouik » Apr 20, 2020 13:09

Abydos wrote:[…]

Regarding bans, I have a question. IRC is a better place to ask than the forum, but I think most people on the channel are idle and don't actively read it.

I used to play on Uthgard with a VM. This used to work well, but lately the VM software changed their support for 3D graphics and now I just get the typical "Render creation failed". Am I allowed to play on Uthgard from a cloud computer service (https://shadow.tech)? I just want to make sure my IP would not be flagged as suspicious if it comes from a cloud pool, or if other players are playing using this service and get similar IPs.
[Mid] Koubiak, Krafilnaavith
[Hib] Soazig

MrPickles
Warder

Postby MrPickles » Apr 20, 2020 21:14

wachawacha wrote:
Pendalith wrote:O Gawd why , they losing out on a lot of potential money. Classic Mordred pvp relaunch, classic regular server. :hammer:

Mordred died rather quickly, I think before shrouded isles even became a thing. That will NEVER be coming back anywhere

Not even kind of true, Mordred was around even after ToA release. But I agree, it will never come back. Care bear servers for the foreseeable future :(

Pao
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pao » Apr 21, 2020 07:57

Ebbie wrote:
I have a strong gut feeling that many of the players that stopped playing on Uthgard did so because of friends getting banned. All it takes is 1 or 2 people in a set group to get banned and the whole guild leaves.

Hey Abydos, can you perhaps hide characters from the Herald stats, or put a nice little *BANNED* next to their name so the rest of us know how many cheaters got got.

gut feeling... thats whats all wrong with the world now.

DUDE ... check the others servers ban section if that would be true the other server would be empty too.

Uthgard failed because they are not open for new people to have a proper staff and they didn't listen to their player base. When Pop dropped to 1k there were hundreds of post to make some QOL because we all have family and nobody has the time to horse ride 20min to a spot and wipe because everyone wearing +4str +4con crap in a game thats about RvR anyways.

Uthgard banned 4,5k players by their actions.
Hope GMs are fine with what they have stated, that they are fine with just 80 people (300ppl was Trishin Statement long time ago) playing the game under their vision.
Its important to leave this server running doesn't matter how low the numbers will be. The other servers can fail but Uthgard still will be there, thats Uthgards only chance.

Edit 19/09/21: Well Uthgards chance has come.

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Apr 21, 2020 08:20

I have seen the other ban thread. Same stuff there that happened here, but seems like GM's over there like to give slaps on the wrist firsts in some cases before the perma bans.

I think it's closer to what ebbie said and that the so called free shard community is just the same few guilds/Allys that follow each other around. Once the more influential people/leaders get bored/banned/burnout they all follow suit. The QoL that the 'community' wants never stops. They want more and more and more and more until you are so far from where started from that you are where the current form took you. NF new RA's custom this and custom that custom events. That is not what Uth was ever intended to be. Good riddance to anyone that wanted that, and if the small QoL that we did get are not enough for you to come back then the same applies to you too.

Put a Hammer in yo @$$ cuz ya banned yo self :hammer:

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Edit due to dup post.
Last edited by Antiks on Apr 21, 2020 08:22, edited 1 time in total.

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Edit due to dup post.

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Apr 21, 2020 14:06

Keep Rps and no SI were the demise of uthgard in my opinion. It was never really about QOL at the core. Antagonistic staff behaviour has, much like QOL, just been one of the secondary factors. One really has to wonder why it is the case that all the Uthgard staff up and left at the same time and for the most part can be found on the other shard.

Keep Rps has been and continues to be the sole reason why there is a deathball of albs trying to dodge any and all actual pvp and congregate on keeps 3rams per door 2-3 times a week in order to prevent any defense to be mounted.

If you show up to defend and start attacking them before they enter the courtyard, they *will pull off independently of the fact that they outnumber you 3 to 1. Most keeps fall before you see flames on the herald.

Then you wipe them once or twice because they ultimately play this like it was a pve raid and therefore absolutely suck, they pick another realm and dodge you again.

They will modify their sleep schedule to organize a relic raid at 10:00AM in the morning (EUtime) during a working week day and show up with over 20 people versus 1 or 2 people. Example of a morning relic raid with quite a few albs and /who on hib returning 3 players. https://streamable.com/jwnpzl (at the point in the video, albs have taken all the keeps, their relic, and are coming back for the other 2. I realize this was not on a week day, but i actually was working and missed the previous alb relic zerg)

They will *never show up to defend any keep except on rare occasions the lvl 9-10, instead favouring a retake at a later time when they won't have to fight people to do so.

One has to acknowledge that whatever population is left on uthgard has little to absolutely no interest in PVP. Which is fine.
The problem comes when everything, up to keep RPs and declaring that you can't fight dragon with <24 people without getting a ban; everything is made to ensure that their playstyle is enabled while regular DAOC intended 1.65 playstyle is stiffled.

Take keep RPs off. force people to pvp to get RAs, if they don't show up, let it be so.
Let us kill the dragon with how ever many numbers we are able to kill it with. There never are 24 hibs online, let alone 24 high levels.

Get back to working on SI, don't just pretend you work there and monitor the server 18h/day, actually do put in work.
But i guess you won't, ultimatley, as much as the staff want you to believe their "recreating a time capsule of 1.65" story, it's about house rules. And the house wants to have a pve server where alb is the only actual realm :)

What is going to happen now that albs have all the keeps and no one will move to take them back? Will romu switch to pvE nights in DF every time? Will you guys quit? Will ya'll start QQing about how there should be more QoL to attract people or will you realize how you're putting that whole thing to sleep? Or will you deathball fensalir with 30 screeching dummies then log off?

Capture.PNG

Edit: the answer was "moar pve" all along... 20+ goofballs afk stuck in the FZ, not one of them panning ^^
https://streamable.com/i1fcxz

wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Apr 21, 2020 20:49

IamKaia wrote:Keep Rps and no SI were the demise of uthgard in my opinion. It was never really about QOL at the core. Antagonistic staff behaviour has, much like QOL, just been one of the secondary factors. One really has to wonder why it is the case that all the Uthgard staff up and left at the same time and for the most part can be found on the other shard.

Keep Rps has been and continues to be the sole reason why there is a deathball of albs trying to dodge any and all actual pvp and congregate on keeps 3rams per door 2-3 times a week in order to prevent any defense to be mounted.

If you show up to defend and start attacking them before they enter the courtyard, they *will pull off independently of the fact that they outnumber you 3 to 1. Most keeps fall before you see flames on the herald.

Then you wipe them once or twice because they ultimately play this like it was a pve raid and therefore absolutely suck, they pick another realm and dodge you again.

They will modify their sleep schedule to organize a relic raid at 10:00AM in the morning (EUtime) during a working week day and show up with over 20 people versus 1 or 2 people. Example of a morning relic raid with quite a few albs and /who on hib returning 3 players. https://streamable.com/jwnpzl (at the point in the video, albs have taken all the keeps, their relic, and are coming back for the other 2. I realize this was not on a week day, but i actually was working and missed the previous alb relic zerg)

They will *never show up to defend any keep except on rare occasions the lvl 9-10, instead favouring a retake at a later time when they won't have to fight people to do so.

One has to acknowledge that whatever population is left on uthgard has little to absolutely no interest in PVP. Which is fine.
The problem comes when everything, up to keep RPs and declaring that you can't fight dragon with <24 people without getting a ban; everything is made to ensure that their playstyle is enabled while regular DAOC intended 1.65 playstyle is stiffled.

Take keep RPs off. force people to pvp to get RAs, if they don't show up, let it be so.
Let us kill the dragon with how ever many numbers we are able to kill it with. There never are 24 hibs online, let alone 24 high levels.

Get back to working on SI, don't just pretend you work there and monitor the server 18h/day, actually do put in work.
But i guess you won't, ultimatley, as much as the staff want you to believe their "recreating a time capsule of 1.65" story, it's about house rules. And the house wants to have a pve server where alb is the only actual realm :)

What is going to happen now that albs have all the keeps and no one will move to take them back? Will romu switch to pvE nights in DF every time? Will you guys quit? Will ya'll start QQing about how there should be more QoL to attract people or will you realize how you're putting that whole thing to sleep? Or will you deathball fensalir with 30 screeching dummies then log off?

Capture.PNG

Edit: the answer was "moar pve" all along... 20+ goofballs afk stuck in the FZ, not one of them panning ^^
https://streamable.com/i1fcxz

Turn off keep RPs after RR3-RR5, otherwise older players on a low pop server win every fight. Apart from that I agree

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Apr 21, 2020 21:14

No. Realm ranks are there for a reason, and they don't necessarily mean they win you every fight by default. Can take for proof the last fights vs the mids we had. They all had rr8+ and at least 2 rr11. We still won with a bunch of grove protectors..

We consistently also win vs the alb zerg in open field with them outnumbering us and outranking us vastly. You don't need realm ranks to compete and win some fights.

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics