Pseudo Account vaults?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Feb 15, 2020 21:23

Could we make it less expensive to get a personal house in lieu of an account vault? I think this is sensible as it's easier to just get a house, and not as much work as instituting a whole account vault with the current staff levels.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Feb 16, 2020 10:17

Just get a house?

There are heaps of free lots

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Feb 16, 2020 13:53

Reactions like this Abydos...
Wacha asked for cheaper houses, not a need of houseslots, because staff cannot or not want to create account vaults.
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Feb 16, 2020 17:10

Roxxor wrote:Reactions like this Abydos...
Wacha asked for cheaper houses, not a need of houseslots, because staff cannot or not want to create account vaults.

Yep. I didn't say Hey there's no houses. I said, let's make it less expensive to get a house. The initial outlay is the problem for most people, as 1 plat is quite expensive. Trimming that down would be helpful for everyone. But instead it's lol no just buy one. It's like he read the title and didn't read the actual post.

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Feb 16, 2020 17:50

If you want a 'cheap house', why not join a guild and use the guild house?
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Feb 16, 2020 18:40

Lol Cody u are not missed in forum, same like me :lol: ...
Why not just create Account Vaults for free?

A guildvault is not a account vault. And in the most guilds you need higher rank to use the vaults and when you join a guild, like u wrote, no unknown player get high guildrank.

But thx for your modest response.

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------

Quik
Myrmidon

Postby Quik » Feb 16, 2020 19:12

Again, not sure what the problem with just adding an account vault at each capital would be. Would solve the problems who don't want or can't afford a house + vault.

Seriously Abydos, why the adamant refusal to add such a simple and much sought after feature? I understand the current players here have no problems with it but they have money to blow, while someone who might want to start has to deal with the problems of no account vault.

And yes a guild house is great if the new recruit has access to it, but what if someone starts on Hib? There isn't exactly a huge amount of people playing on Hib to find a guild.

I am thinking everyone just plays on Alb because it's easier to start and you have people, but by not having features like an account vault you are literally PUSHING people to only play Alb so they do have these features.

RazorRamon
Gryphon Knight

Postby RazorRamon » Feb 16, 2020 19:19

“Just get a house” ...lol. He wants a house. I think what he was getting at was, he wanted to make the sea of empty house lots a bit more affordable considering the state of the server is what it is. Not an outlandish request really, especially if you aren’t the type of person to invest in a trade skill.

He gets time taken off of the, very likely, solo endeavor of farming the 2.3P, staff gets to keep the existing housing system largely intact with slightly modified costs. It could even be a temporary thing. Make an announcement that housing related costs will be reduced by X% to alleviate timesinks to current players and that costs could rise again depending upon the number of players.

Glacier
Myrmidon

Postby Glacier » Feb 16, 2020 20:06

Wacha what realm do you play?

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Feb 16, 2020 21:33

"The state of the server" doesn't play much into the cost of a house - its still the same price. With that said, you're likely to be able to afford a house by around level 30 with a modest saving effort.

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Feb 16, 2020 22:03

Ok so everything is okay here.
The nearly not existing lvlgroups is no reason why you cannot afford a house with lvl 30!
Thx Abydos

Wacha, it must be your bad play. Good evening :roll:

------------------

wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Feb 17, 2020 07:17

Glacier wrote:Wacha what realm do you play?

Mid

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 17, 2020 09:51

try to ask people to transfer things between chars, I've been without house for a long time this way
Last edited by Ilerget on Feb 17, 2020 16:03, edited 1 time in total.
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Samirane
Eagle Knight

Postby Samirane » Feb 17, 2020 14:19

wachawacha wrote:

Mid

what is your normal playtime in EU time pls? i could maybe help you out :)
Langsam und stetig ernährt sich das Murmeltier

WishYouWereHere

Glacier
Myrmidon

Postby Glacier » Feb 17, 2020 17:45

Samirane wrote:
wachawacha wrote:

Mid

what is your normal playtime in EU time pls? i could maybe help you out :)

Sorry my toons are on Hib.

Next

Return to General Topics