What made you stop playing here?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Feb 25, 2020 22:43

albeyond wrote:Why does it take 9-10 years to work on SI but all alternative servers have implemented it in a matter of months?

They did not implement SI, but used the zone and did their own SI.

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Feb 25, 2020 22:44

pweet wrote:
albeyond wrote:Why does it take 9-10 years to work on SI but all alternative servers have implemented it in a matter of months?

They did not implement SI, but used the zone and did their own SI.

Looks and smells enough like SI, so will do for me!
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Feb 26, 2020 01:41

He answered the question imo. Just bc you don't like the answer, or are choosing to be willfully dumb about understanding it, doesn't make it any less of an answer.

An imitation is still just that. Just bc you slap SI on it doesn't make it so....

Bottom line is you want a custom server and Uth will never be it.... get over it.

P.S. I played on other server for months too. Sure I can admit that the population can make it tolerable for a bit, but for me that server at it's worst is bad, and at its best is still garbage. I'm fine and happy to disagree with any of you on this point and call it a day.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 26, 2020 10:59

Antiks wrote:...

I like this guy! :lol:
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Feb 26, 2020 16:20

No, he not answered the questions. And thats not a question of perception or will.

But anyway , its not possible to not communicating. So i think Blue is gone, Newspage get maybe a update in summer and there is no progress of SI.
Realm missions not coming, dragons do not get a update and there are no internal discussions, because you need some humans to
make a discussion.

Plain and simple.
#AnswerForAbydos

Btw: Every SI is a copy and not a original. Even the SI from 1.65 dont exist today, so all whats left is to make a copy.
And a bad copy is better then no copy, right? And there is no perfect copy, right?
Specially in relation to the drops from SI, which is a kind of realmbalance for chargeitems and a big part why players left.

Abydos wrote:we made it very clear that effort didn't mean it would be done any time soon when we requested assistance.

There is a funny quote of Abydos he would leave the staff if SI is not implemented in next few years.
:roll:
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Feb 26, 2020 23:12

You're again just making stuff up. The context of that mis-quoted statement was to imply that I was working full-on and if that pace had kept up it could have conceivably been done. But at that time I was pushing nearly 80hr a week working on it on top of a fulltime job and family. So, yeah, "duh" that is not sustainable.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Feb 27, 2020 00:52

Abydos wrote:You're again just making stuff up. The context of that mis-quoted statement was to imply that I was working full-on and if that pace had kept up it could have conceivably been done. But at that time I was pushing nearly 80hr a week working on it on top of a fulltime job and family. So, yeah, "duh" that is not sustainable.

Dude.......................................
In 2010 you said SI would be done.
It's 2020.
You had 10 years to figure out a way to make it happen

svperstar
Eagle Knight

Postby svperstar » Feb 27, 2020 02:22

Alphaone wrote:
svperstar wrote:
Abydos wrote: And that's just the people here (some of whom haven't played here in years) espousing what they want. Let me know when you come up with a solution.

Well you guys have been "working on SI" for 10+ years at this point. Getting SI up and running would give people something to come see at the very least.

Can I just say that I actually really do miss that horrible Xbox 360 joke spam in the Uth 1 trade channel you've got in your signature line Svper? And I actually do remember Blato telling you to shut the ****** up, although, that may have happened multiple times so not sure if that is the same one or not. Ahhh Uth 1, miss you so so much.

Alpha

lol I actually spammed it when I was still playing on the other server. Met a bunch of old Uth 1 people that way with different names and different guilds.
There will be a group of people out there who will want this realm to be entirely Mythic-like. Exactly like vanilla, drop rates/xp rates, basically everything and you will not be able to please them unless it is exactly like vanilla.

These people have their nostalgia goggles on so tight it's cutting off the bloodflow to their brain and they believe that vanilla was perfect and nothing was wrong with it.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Feb 27, 2020 03:09

albeyond wrote:Dude.......................................
It's 2020.

Again, please come back to reality.

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Feb 27, 2020 03:48

He was only a month out, give him some slack!
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Feb 27, 2020 05:52

Abydos wrote:
albeyond wrote:Dude.......................................
It's 2020.

Again, please come back to reality.

Excuse me, 9 years and 11 months.
Dodge dip duck dive and dodge

Glacier
Myrmidon

Postby Glacier » Feb 27, 2020 07:11

I stopped playing because I no longer had the time to spend here. I enjoyed Uth1 and the Beta and I had a blast on Uth2. The name of the game is DAoC not DAoC plus xxxxx that you need it to change to. If the game doesn't fit your life style or desire for instant gratification move on. The world doesn't revolve around you nor will this server or any other.

Some of you seem to just want to complain because it gives your life some meaning. Stop cluttering the boards with your garbage.

getsuga
Guardian

Postby getsuga » Mar 02, 2020 18:16

So far nothing, I like the game, in the evenings and nights I play it, unfortunately at work during the day..:confused:
Last edited by getsuga on Aug 06, 2020 16:30, edited 2 times in total.

Excalibur93
Myrmidon

Postby Excalibur93 » Mar 02, 2020 20:16

Same here, i love Uthgard and have already roughly 5 years spend on it (Uth1 + 2). Sure, it could be some more players, but the small number of players also has its advantages. Tbh the community ingame has never been nicer than now.

So i play here almost every day and have no plans to stop this :grin:

Excalibur93
Belgarius Paladin Lvl 50
Beldar Cleric Lvl 50
Bevier Friar Lvl 50
Thyrian Wizard Lvl 50
Beldien Theurg Lvl 50
Belmakos Sorcerer Lvl 50
Kalten Scout Lvl 50
Belgaren Infiltrator Lvl 50
Platime Reaver Lvl 34
Belardion Necromancer Lvl 50
Beldaran Mincer Lvl 50
Beldurnik Armsman Lvl 50
Belodur Mercenary Lvl 50
Belordion Cabalist Lvl 50

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Mar 05, 2020 23:09

I just play where the population is. I have no problem with Uth in terms of rule set (well, nothing I can't deal with). If by chance people RvRed here more than the other servers, I would be here.

How to change that for Uth? I don't know the answer....

Only thing I can think of would be a wipe and relaunch with a couple tweaks to spark people to give it a shot. Maybe a super XP bonus for the 1st week or something. If not SI. maybe a custom zone like it?
Maybe an email blast to all the accounts advertising it to get the word out?
People would definitely give it a try a least....
I know that is not popular with the few still left, but most will say the best times on a DaoC server is early in the life cycle when everyone starts new. We have plenty of evidence to back that up.

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics