What made you stop playing here?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
nanert
Guardian

Postby nanert » Jan 17, 2020 08:44

I haven't fully stopped. I still hop in now and again.
By and large though, lack of Linux support for the launcher. I spend as little time as possible in Windows.

Stefacle
Guardian

Postby Stefacle » Jan 17, 2020 09:27

Valfar wrote:So, PvE content was your motivation to play DAOC? You sure this is the game for you? Mental illness goes a long way I guess.

Assume all you want :gaga:

Yes, PvE is a big part of my motivation to play DAOC (not the only motivation, mind you, some people may enjoy both PvE and PvP, you know?), I don't know why anyone would waste their time leveling toons to 50 (in a classic DAOC setting!) if they did not enjoy PvE? Now wouldn't THAT make them mentally ill?

Iz
Warder

Postby Iz » Jan 17, 2020 09:32

missing taj!!! this was unique ... now the server its just nothing special...
old ras
and this extreme waste of time by riding horses instead of porter from hometown
and staff (but almost only 1 - you know who i mean)

RazorRamon
Gryphon Knight

Postby RazorRamon » Jan 17, 2020 15:33

Just couldn’t justify standing around on a mostly empty server. First the alliance went, then my guild, then my friends, and eventually my brother. If I wanted to play on a desolate server I would have just sandboxed my own server.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 18, 2020 13:19

I still play, lately it has been sparse due to starting on a new job 6 months ago.

I still love uthgard classic as it is, it is what I remember of daoc in the good old days.

When people complain about Uthgard, it must be because they would like to play here and still find it better than other servers around, so something must be right, even in the eyes of those who quit and still come to the forum...

Just log in and play :)
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Jan 20, 2020 19:32

Screenshot_2020-01-20 Uthgard Freeshard Population.png

What is this?

This is the average population per hour of day, for the last 30 days.

It's been like that for months. I'm just surprised that dying pig hasn't been gutted just yet.

As for the thread, i think most reasons have already been stated already.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 20, 2020 23:36

IamKaia wrote:

What is this?

It's been like that for months. I'm just surprised that dying pig hasn't been gutted just yet.

It is not a great difference, but cherry picking a single day in statistics is bad practice.

https://unixgeek.com/uthgard.html shows the real statistics, the moving averages over the course of the week, the decline of players over the end of the year and the growing numbers here in the start of the year.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jan 21, 2020 01:50

madskaizer wrote:
IamKaia wrote:

What is this?

It is not a great difference, but cherry picking a single day in statistics is bad practice.

https://unixgeek.com/uthgard.html shows the real statistics, the moving averages over the course of the week, the decline of players over the end of the year and the growing numbers here in the start of the year.

Wow that's one interesting take. I logged onto alb the other night to pay rent (so I was 1 of the 3 players represented by the green bar) and there were 6 total players in the realm. This is the "overpopulated realm" too.

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Jan 21, 2020 07:59

albeyond wrote: I logged onto alb the other night to pay rent (so I was 1 of the 3 players represented by the green bar) and there were 6 total players in the realm. This is the "overpopulated realm" too.

Keywords here for context, "night", which means not an accurate representation on any realm.

I'd agree that to call Alb the overpopulated realm is at this point a bit of an exaggeration, but they still have the greater of the population as a fact. Log on any weekend "raid day" and see the server population around 60-80 with albs holding 55-70% to verify.

Just this past weekend with was 14mids vs 27albs, and I seen 1 hib killspam on a sorc at the peak.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Jan 21, 2020 09:46

Stefacle wrote:
Valfar wrote:So, PvE content was your motivation to play DAOC? You sure this is the game for you? Mental illness goes a long way I guess.

Yes, PvE is a big part of my motivation to play DAOC (not the only motivation, mind you, some people may enjoy both PvE and PvP, you know?), I don't know why anyone would waste their time leveling toons to 50 (in a classic DAOC setting!) if they did not enjoy PvE? Now wouldn't THAT make them mentally ill?

Cool story bro, so in other words you don't rvr. Nice.
It is what it is.

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Jan 21, 2020 12:51

madskaizer wrote:
IamKaia wrote:

What is this?

The chart i posted was a screenshot from the website you quote and if you could read, you'd see my chart represents the average population figures over the last 30 days you dingbat, hardly what one could call cherrypicking.

But if you feel like inflating numbers on the forums for show, sure knock yourself out. Last time i payed rent, /who returned 2 players on hib on primetime for EU on a friday, so hmmk.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jan 21, 2020 13:53

IamKaia wrote:
madskaizer wrote:
IamKaia wrote:

What is this?

The chart i posted was a screenshot from the website you quote and if you could read, you'd see my chart represents the average population figures over the last 30 days you dingbat, hardly what one could call cherrypicking.

But if you feel like inflating numbers on the forums for show, sure knock yourself out. Last time i payed rent, /who returned 2 players on hib on primetime for EU on a friday, so hmmk.

Let's just call a spade a spade. The server is unplayable. You can't play with this game with only 60-80 people playing at primetime. Hell, when the server had 400 total players it was hard to play.

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Jan 21, 2020 18:26

albeyond...since you said you're "done" and offered a free BM temp...and now apparently you have Albs too...

Are you giving away any gear in Alb? Do you perhaps have:

Ring of Arcane Might
Ring of the Obsidian
Legion Slash-Pole
55+ util RoGs (especially belts)
Worm Bracers

Asking for a friend...
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Quik
Myrmidon

Postby Quik » Jan 21, 2020 19:55

Valfar wrote:
Stefacle wrote:

Cool story bro, so in other words you don't rvr. Nice.

Apparently people can only play DAoC for RvR OR PvE? Wow, I actually play both and I guess I've been doing it wrong since launch LOL

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jan 21, 2020 20:05

Grahmdal wrote:albeyond...since you said you're "done" and offered a free BM temp...and now apparently you have Albs too...

Are you giving away any gear in Alb? Do you perhaps have:

Ring of Arcane Might
Ring of the Obsidian
Legion Slash-Pole
55+ util RoGs (especially belts)
Worm Bracers

Asking for a friend...

I don’t have anything on alb other than a house and an untemped reaver and cleric. Offer still stands if you want the hib template.

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics