What made you stop playing here?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Shadewe
Guardian

Postby Shadewe » Mar 21, 2021 22:39

For me anyway, the basic problem is the nature of the game itself.

I prefer this game to other games similar to it (P99, WoW classic, etc), but it's PvP focused and I for one hate PvP. Anyway, not enough people, not enough PvP. Not enough PvP, not enough people, and down the game goes.

Note: That's just me and my thoughts. I am not saying I am right. I will say though that I did come here to see what the population was, and it's 40 people online. That's not good :(

defill
Myrmidon

Postby defill » Mar 22, 2021 20:14

I got banned when i wanted to switch from alb to hib. traded my account to a hib guy who wanted to switch to alb.
(sad part is i was so desperate i traded acct with 1st house to entrance, master tailor and sc, and 3 lvl 50's tons of items/plat for a 50 eldie with 13 gold and no craft/house to speak of)

I know, evil intentions there and i deserved nipped in the bud, yinz did NOT want nefarious people like me and the dude i traded running around actually populating this place.

in other words,staff is morons who like to ghost edit posts to impress the 4 people left. ill check back in a year

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Mar 23, 2021 12:48

Is the aforementioned eld who I think it is :lol:

Shadewe
Guardian

Postby Shadewe » Mar 27, 2021 17:36

defill wrote:I got banned when i wanted to switch from alb to hib. traded my account to a hib guy who wanted to switch to alb.
(sad part is i was so desperate i traded acct with 1st house to entrance, master tailor and sc, and 3 lvl 50's tons of items/plat for a 50 eldie with 13 gold and no craft/house to speak of)

I know, evil intentions there and i deserved nipped in the bud, yinz did NOT want nefarious people like me and the dude i traded running around actually populating this place.

in other words,staff is morons who like to ghost edit posts to impress the 4 people left. ill check back in a year

What I read was "I did something I shouldn't have without asking the GM's if it's OK. They caught me, spanked me for my insolence, and now I'm throwing a temper tandrum because I'm mad at them even though it was me who did something wrong."

Sound about right?

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Mar 27, 2021 19:21

defill wrote:I got banned when i wanted to switch from alb to hib. traded my account to a hib guy who wanted to switch to alb.

Lies ! there are more than 4 people Playing here !

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Mar 28, 2021 14:29

What make (and not made) me stop to play?
4 days now i posted this:https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=48179
Impossible to connect, impossible to play, impossible to have support.
( LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE, from the main page of the site! )
So i stop because i cant login and Her Great Goddess Abydos is asleep...
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Mar 29, 2021 16:32

Ithiggi wrote:

Lies ! there are more than 4 people Playing here !

Yeah! There are 23!

Highdrone
Myrmidon

Postby Highdrone » Apr 01, 2021 12:14

Genjiro wrote:
Highdrone wrote:Is there a realistic chance that Uthgard/SI will be again actively developed?

I'd like to get on something and some things (again), yes.

Hey Genjiro, welcome back! Got any update on this topic? :wink:

Amolin
Gryphon Knight

Postby Amolin » Apr 02, 2021 15:54

I periodically check back every so often to see if the staff ever got the stick out of their butts with their rigid true-to-patch nature. Being alb at this patch level is a chore and our entire realm basically dissolved over the course of a couple of months after the relaunch because they wouldn't give us some means to deal with our very underpowered endurance regen which we desperately needed just to RVR. Albions pleaded and pleaded, got ignored, staff started shutting down any discussions on the topic and I guess everyone just gave up. Once Alb went pretty much everything else went with it afterwards, people got bored, staff probably played a part in their decision to not come back too. It's a bit frustrating because Uthgard scratches 98% of that itch, with the smallest of balance tweaks I am pretty confident we'd still see a very sizable pop to this day.

Hate to put it so bluntly but I'd have to say I quit due to Staff and Uthgard's (probably unintentional) favoritism towards Midgard.
Realm: Albion
Class: Armsman

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Apr 03, 2021 01:56

fremster wrote:The problem is the people, not the server.

There are too many people who want to be taken by the hand..., ... etc.

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Apr 03, 2021 23:10

Antiks wrote:
fremster wrote:The problem is the people, not the server.

There are too many people who want to be taken by the hand..., ... etc.
Totally agree
BTW visited the land of flutterbyes, sunshine, buttercups and fairies, I feel so dirty now :(

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Apr 03, 2021 23:26

Ithiggi wrote: BTW visited the land of flutterbyes, sunshine, buttercups and fairies, I feel so dirty now :(

You made a toon outside of Midgard!?!?! Pics or it didn't happen. :-P

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Apr 04, 2021 00:16

Ebbie wrote:
Ithiggi wrote: BTW visited the land of flutterbyes, sunshine, buttercups and fairies, I feel so dirty now :(

You made a toon outside of Midgard!?!?! Pics or it didn't happen. :-P

posted a low res SS in slayer discord

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Apr 05, 2021 11:18

Amolin wrote:I periodically check back every so often to see if the staff ever got the stick out of their butts with their rigid true-to-patch nature. Being alb at this patch level is a chore and our entire realm basically dissolved over the course of a couple of months after the relaunch because they wouldn't give us some means to deal with our very underpowered endurance regen which we desperately needed just to RVR. Albions pleaded and pleaded, got ignored, staff started shutting down any discussions on the topic and I guess everyone just gave up. Once Alb went pretty much everything else went with it afterwards, people got bored, staff probably played a part in their decision to not come back too. It's a bit frustrating because Uthgard scratches 98% of that itch, with the smallest of balance tweaks I am pretty confident we'd still see a very sizable pop to this day.

Hate to put it so bluntly but I'd have to say I quit due to Staff and Uthgard's (probably unintentional) favoritism towards Midgard.

I can second that.

Mid was happily trampling around in the early days as it was basically the same xp setup for pve as it was for rvr. Even if they choose to roll casters, Mid can always form a aoe stun, nukenuke group.

Albs needed a paladin to form anything viable pvewise and seeing as paladins didnt fit into the 8man meta, not many were prepared to play them. So you went with a necro first, and hope you could swap powerlevels with another necro. But that led to massive arguements over xp spots. Hell, even I got flamed massively when I pulled one mob to make a clear run to the next room in the dungeon. When I even asked beforehand and got no response from the two necros that were there. Presumed they were afk, went ahead clearing a run and boom, insta insults.

Ah, but then devs said, oh go xp in frontiers, we have a bonus. Albs had same hassle, no paladin means its pretty much pointless. And both entrances to the frontier were perma camped pretty much all the time.
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Gilded
Myrmidon

Postby Gilded » Apr 06, 2021 02:16

Stop living in the past people.

Play and try to enjoy the game for what it is today or simply bugger off.

8)

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics