What made you stop playing here?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Mar 06, 2021 19:39

Stenni wrote:POPULATION

Don't want to be a downer. BUT, logged in 3/5/21 at 11:50 central time. 14 players on line 4 in hib. Asked for grp (lol) and of course no answer.

My question is why should I continue try?

Every time I log in I just kill mobs by myself. It's the only enemy I can find. It's boring but at least its classic

ofrm1
Guardian

Postby ofrm1 » Mar 07, 2021 12:40

I mean, old RA's and when I go to Dartmoor, it isn't a red hellhole. Looks like classic to me.

It just sucks that all the effort my brother and I put into this server is gone and we still didn't get SI.

Highdrone
Myrmidon

Postby Highdrone » Mar 07, 2021 17:52

ofrm1 wrote:It just sucks that all the effort my brother and I put into this server is gone and we still didn't get SI.

I feel exactly the same way :|

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Mar 08, 2021 16:47

Highdrone wrote:
ofrm1 wrote:It just sucks that all the effort my brother and I put into this server is gone and we still didn't get SI.

I feel exactly the same way :|

Just for some perspective I've been on Uthgard since 2010 and there have been promises of SI for years. Writing is on the wall

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Mar 08, 2021 20:13

-DISCLAIMER-
This by no means is an indication that SI will come in the near future. SI will require a lot of work even after we have all logs available, however without these logs completing SI will be an impossible task.

Wondering how you read that as a 'promise'

I (and many others) put many hours into it. I can tell you that I used at least 15 weeks of my annual leave to work full time on it, over the years. It's just not done.

Shalindra
Warder

Postby Shalindra » Mar 09, 2021 01:14

Abydos wrote:
-DISCLAIMER-
This by no means is an indication that SI will come in the near future. SI will require a lot of work even after we have all logs available, however without these logs completing SI will be an impossible task.

Wondering how you read that as a 'promise'

I (and many others) put many hours into it. I can tell you that I used at least 15 weeks of my annual leave to work full time on it, over the years. It's just not done.

Its been said a few times, bears repeating I guess.."It will be done when it gets done"
I can not lie, I do hope to see Uthgard release SI, the biggest reason, and this is why it is taking so long I am sure, is because i know it will be done right. The same reason many of us still come to play, because the classic lands and quests are done right.
I would like to say Abydos, there are many who DO appreciate the time and work put into the server.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Mar 09, 2021 01:55

Just to be clear, there is no active development on SI and don't expect that to change without some sort of news post. There are simply features/functions required to make it passible in my view, and we aren't near a minimum viable product. Yes it does sadden me greatly, because I personally have put so much time in... but the reality is I can't finish it alone. The game is 20 years old in October.

Idk, maybe for some event the zones will open for a weekend or something with no drops just so folks can run around. Ill give it a think.

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Mar 09, 2021 03:54

Abydos wrote:Idk, maybe for some event the zones will open for a weekend or something with no drops just so folks can run around. Ill give it a think.

:grin:
Do it, do it, do it.

thaneel
Myrmidon

Postby thaneel » Mar 09, 2021 12:15

Abydos wrote:Idk, maybe for some event the zones will open for a weekend or something with no drops just so folks can run around. Ill give it a think.

I love the idea !

MrPickles
Warder

Postby MrPickles » Mar 09, 2021 15:28

Abydos wrote:Just to be clear, there is no active development on SI and don't expect that to change without some sort of news post. There are simply features/functions required to make it passible in my view, and we aren't near a minimum viable product. Yes it does sadden me greatly, because I personally have put so much time in... but the reality is I can't finish it alone. The game is 20 years old in October.

Idk, maybe for some event the zones will open for a weekend or something with no drops just so folks can run around. Ill give it a think.

Sound great! Hope it happens :o

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Mar 09, 2021 20:41

Yeah, I'd be down to run around!

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Mar 09, 2021 21:01

After having a think on the idea and discussing, I don't think its a good idea so it is unlikely to come unfinished. Sorry if I inspired a false hope there.

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Mar 09, 2021 21:29

Abydos wrote:After having a think on the idea and discussing, I don't think its a good idea so it is unlikely to come unfinished. Sorry if I inspired a false hope there.

What events would you be in favor of having? I am of the belief that the old Christmas, Easter, and misc. events were some of the most fun I ever had on Uthgard, and it really made for something refreshing. Could we potentially see similar events in the future? Maybe even if it's a PVE event or something that isn't "classic" by nature, but Uthgard by nature? I would really love something fresh.

thaneel
Myrmidon

Postby thaneel » Mar 10, 2021 11:14

Abydos wrote:After having a think on the idea and discussing, I don't think its a good idea so it is unlikely to come unfinished. Sorry if I inspired a false hope there.

NP Abydos, thanks for the try. Have you seen what they doing on the official servers. On Caledonia for 10 days you can do 1 to 50 only in PVP. No mobs. Maybe an event like this so we can finish our toons.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Mar 10, 2021 14:57

Abydos wrote:Just to be clear, there is no active development on SI and don't expect that to change without some sort of news post. There are simply features/functions required to make it passible in my view, and we aren't near a minimum viable product. Yes it does sadden me greatly, because I personally have put so much time in... but the reality is I can't finish it alone. The game is 20 years old in October.

Imo recruit some new developers to help you and Blue get it finished

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics