What made you stop playing here?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Oct 30, 2020 11:09

Metallo wrote:All old community want a rollback... Why not ?

Because that ALL is not true?
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Nov 01, 2020 01:09

albeyond wrote:Perhaps. But it is a generally accepted concept that the idea of a fresh start in the freeshard world is one of if not the most enticing ways to re-experience DAoC in a classic environment. I'm pretty surprised nobody has attempted to solve this by offering a seasonal server yet

when you will start doing it instead of telling others to delete what they did and do what you want?
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Nov 01, 2020 02:30

Ilerget wrote:
albeyond wrote:Perhaps. But it is a generally accepted concept that the idea of a fresh start in the freeshard world is one of if not the most enticing ways to re-experience DAoC in a classic environment. I'm pretty surprised nobody has attempted to solve this by offering a seasonal server yet

when you will start doing it instead of telling others to delete what they did and do what you want?

Huh?

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Nov 01, 2020 18:57

albeyond wrote:
Ilerget wrote:

Huh?

:lol: I think he was asking when your shard is going to launch. :lol:

Thatsamdude
Warder

Postby Thatsamdude » Nov 01, 2020 21:19

Ilerget wrote:

I have seen some website/software that allows for communities to create this type of thing. we wouldn't need server permission it would just be externally dealt with and trust amongst the community(the hardest part) especially when its competitive in nature, I'd love to see a daoc shard also that has seasonal wipes maybe separate from the main server, maybe a different character "type" so they can be wiped easily and the "normal" characters can be left, the "seasonal" characters can only enter the seasonal areas (or different server entirely), again this is all likes/wants/would-like-to-see-someday but I personally could never make this happen or not anytime soon anyway sadly :)

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Dec 21, 2020 01:57

albeyond wrote:
Antiks I gave my BM temp to Thalien and deleted my chars. You should keep telling people that have been here since the early 2010s to delete tho.. seems like a good way to rebuild server population :hammer:

Thanks, but I don't need the encouragement from a duplicitous pretender like you, that in your past has only tried to discourage others that want to play here with your bull$h!7. Guess you did a few nice things when you wanted to or it served your enjoyment, but it's too bad you didn't put your all into doing that instead of keeping this flippant attitude on the forums spreading your divisiveness one day after the next.

Good luck to ya :-P

Ojczyzna
Warder

Postby Ojczyzna » Jan 20, 2021 22:31

I started on Uthgard for classic freeshard experience and staff always delivered it perfectly in my eyes.

Had long breaks from playing here due to natural ways of life, but Uthgard always felt in my heart like classic shard home, even when I was absent.

Installed DAoC and Uthgard again in 2021 just to show my support for server and staff team, even just with habit of logging in daily to the server when cannot actually play.

Started fresh from scratch, having great classic experience once again and hope that more of you out there lurking this forum anonymously will consider to log to Uthgard once again and help to heal the population.

I hope our paths will cross again.

Long live Uthgard and our classic dream!

Allyk123
Myrmidon

Postby Allyk123 » Jan 22, 2021 15:49

Ojczyzna wrote:I started on Uthgard for classic freeshard experience and staff always delivered it perfectly in my eyes.

Had long breaks from playing here due to natural ways of life, but Uthgard always felt in my heart like classic shard home, even when I was absent.

Installed DAoC and Uthgard again in 2021 just to show my support for server and staff team, even just with habit of logging in daily to the server when cannot actually play.

Started fresh from scratch, having great classic experience once again and hope that more of you out there lurking this forum anonymously will consider to log to Uthgard once again and help to heal the population.

I hope our paths will cross again.

I started again around a month ago after a break and been playing every day since. I cannot stress how fun it's been.

If you are considering starting fresh, give me a tell in game and i'll help you get started with some levels to get you going. I promise that at 50 you'll have a great time.

Ojczyzna
Warder

Postby Ojczyzna » Jan 24, 2021 01:50

Im not only considering, I did started fresh already as mentioned in my earlier post. Joy in classic setting starts straight from level 1 and my focus is not level 50, just relaxing when can log and taking my time doing stuff. At this moment just being here is more important than being competitive, server needs us to be logged no matter of preffered playstyle.

Once again, word to people anonymously lurking forum, come and join Uthgard, there is classic quality in this server which you can experience straight from start.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jan 24, 2021 19:21

Ojczyzna wrote:Im not only considering, I did started fresh already as mentioned in my earlier post. Joy in classic setting starts straight from level 1 and my focus is not level 50, just relaxing when can log and taking my time doing stuff. At this moment just being here is more important than being competitive, server needs us to be logged no matter of preffered playstyle.

Once again, word to people anonymously lurking forum, come and join Uthgard, there is classic quality in this server which you can experience straight from start.

Why don't you stream so people can see just how quality it is

Ojczyzna
Warder

Postby Ojczyzna » Jan 24, 2021 21:58

Thanks for suggestion mate, but im not a streamer.

Im trying to encourage people (thus why adressing anonymous lurkers here) to comeback and log in times of need for Uthgard, did not described in great details of why im enjoying playing here again, but speaking loudly what my feelings are and how much fun im having right now is important. Message in the bottle to those who still visit beach in hope to see sunrise on the horizon once again, reading that we are not doomed yet and this post-apocalyptic population and environment needs help from them right now...

Met already ingame few people who installed DAoC recently after long break, they also having good time and its pleasure helping them with recalling stuff again.

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Jan 25, 2021 20:52

41 players online as I type this is not enough of a community to warrant a revisit, even though I miss my chars here.

Had some great times here, but as with most things, times change and people move on.

Keep doing what you do here, you seem to enjoy it but it's not for me
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Jan 26, 2021 00:43

Well at least the forum warrants ya time. People generally stop playing here if you are not part of a community or have friends to play with. We all need to be more inclusive and encourage community fun. Wakefield I would suggest trying to log in for the Romu BG and having some fun ! oO
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Jan 26, 2021 13:39

No thanks.

I used to like being in the Romu bg way back when server numbers were higher.

Running around looking for 1fg doesnt appeal to me.

Remember logging on one night to do the rent thing and was told by a very excited exguildmate that there were 7 hibs to fight that night!

No thanks.

I keep checking forums now and again to see if anything has changed. I guess its just force of habit by now.
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 28, 2021 11:02

Wakefield wrote:Remember logging on one night to do the rent thing and was told by a very excited exguildmate that there were 7 hibs to fight that night!

No thanks.

If you want more people playing, then it starts with yourself logging on. Others then see numbers are higher, more log on, some only look at the statistics to determine if its worth playing or not.

You can disagree with the server, admins and game version, but that discussion is long dead. It is what it is. Log in and make ****** happen, it isn't going to happen on its own.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics