What made you stop playing here?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Madae
Gryphon Knight

Postby Madae » May 02, 2021 23:08

I have zero interest in arguing with someone that goes out of their way and attempts to make it insulting. The death of this server speaks for itself.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » May 03, 2021 12:45

27 pages of why people quit this server with 20 players on it, and Antiks still thinking the problem is the players :hammer:

Glacier
Myrmidon

Postby Glacier » May 04, 2021 03:41

albeyond wrote:27 pages of why people quit this server with 20 players on it, and Antiks still thinking the problem is the players :hammer:

The decisions that were made are years past but here you sit whining and crying about a game you supposedly no longer play. Move on

Highdrone
Myrmidon

Postby Highdrone » May 08, 2021 09:48

Dear Devs,
is there a realistic chance.... ah funk it!

Will there ever be more Devs ACTIVE WORKING on Uthgard than just Abydos(who just keeps it alive...)?
Posting on Forums does not count as active! :)

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » May 08, 2021 11:19

Highdrone wrote:Will there ever be more Devs ACTIVE WORKING on Uthgard than just Abydos(who just keeps it alive...)?
Posting on Forums does not count as active! :)

Well, Genjiro was around, but I think we scared him away pretty quickly.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » May 08, 2021 12:42

Glacier wrote:
albeyond wrote:27 pages of why people quit this server with 20 players on it, and Antiks still thinking the problem is the players :hammer:

The decisions that were made are years past but here you sit whining and crying about a game you supposedly no longer play. Move on

I still play (one of the proud 20 NA players). I'm just calling a spade a spade

rawkfist
Myrmidon

Postby rawkfist » Jul 25, 2021 15:08

I live in NA and am a casual player. I simply can not play when there are fewer than 20 people on.
I don't read a lot here so i dont know everything that has gone on BUT what i have seen it seems that there is this attitude of "You will do this or that because I say so." "This is my server and either play or, if you don't like it, leave."
Instead, one should have a friendlier approach to the people. I was always told, "you get more with honey than you do with vinegar." You can still say, "This is my server, I created it BUT I will hear your concerns and SEE if I can make a few changes for you.
Doesnt sound like the latter was done here. Maybe im wrong though.

Allyk123
Myrmidon

Postby Allyk123 » Jul 26, 2021 01:57

rawkfist wrote:I live in NA and am a casual player. I simply can not play when there are fewer than 20 people on.
I don't read a lot here so i dont know everything that has gone on BUT what i have seen it seems that there is this attitude of "You will do this or that because I say so." "This is my server and either play or, if you don't like it, leave."
Instead, one should have a friendlier approach to the people. I was always told, "you get more with honey than you do with vinegar." You can still say, "This is my server, I created it BUT I will hear your concerns and SEE if I can make a few changes for you.

Who gave you the 'my server' feelings? I have never once had a negative run in with anyone on the server. Dev or player. The server is what it is and that's what makes it that bit more unique ( and in my opinion, fun)

rawkfist
Myrmidon

Postby rawkfist » Jul 26, 2021 04:29

Allyk123 wrote:
rawkfist wrote:I live in NA and am a casual player. I simply can not play when there are fewer than 20 people on.

Who gave you the 'my server' feelings? I have never once had a negative run in with anyone on the server. Dev or player. The server is what it is and that's what makes it that bit more unique ( and in my opinion, fun)

Fun? playing when there are 10-20 people are on?
I never had a problem here either. The "my server" remark was why people left isnt it? People were unhappy with changes or an unwillingness to make changes that the overwhelming majority wanted. Isnt this why people left?

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Aug 06, 2021 09:08

rawkfist wrote:
Allyk123 wrote:

Fun? playing when there are 10-20 people are on?
I never had a problem here either. The "my server" remark was why people left isnt it? People were unhappy with changes or an unwillingness to make changes that the overwhelming majority wanted. Isnt this why people left?

There are many sides to it, its not just the server settings, there is also a great portion of history around Uthgard1 and how well the public relations management has been from the developers.

Blue has stated long ago that he will leave Uthgard running in its current setting with 0 players, over making custom changes just to see a short surge of players that will vanish again. All freeshard server cycles follow the same pattern. Check unixgeek daoc stats if you do not agree.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Aug 06, 2021 18:31

Just do SOMETHING to get people back.

Otherwise you just look lazy and don't care, a vanity project if you will.
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Kaomh
Warder

Postby Kaomh » Aug 09, 2021 21:37

nanert wrote:I haven't fully stopped. I still hop in now and again.
By and large though, lack of Linux support for the launcher. I spend as little time as possible in Windows.

This.
Smile when you call me "noob!"
Hib:
Vodonn - Valewalker & Legendary Tailor
Fionnaoira - Ranger & Weaponcrafter
Kaomh - Enchantress
Adnuall - Nightshade & Alchemist
Vodoff - Warden
Voivode - Druid
Sporocarp - Animist

Mid:
Beornborg - Skald
Kinkinky - Bonedancer & Legendary Tailor

Filters
Gryphon Knight

Postby Filters » Aug 14, 2021 01:52

Me the wipe they did for the most. I really hate when someone destroy all the effert i make in year just cause someone cry. Ok the server was not really patch level ok and custom but was fun and was full of people 24/7
Look now :\
there are none so deaf as those who will not hear

Previous

Return to General Topics