What made you stop playing here?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Jan 21, 2020 21:19

albeyond wrote: Offer still stands if you want the hib template.

If you're truly serious about the gear, then may I have it please?

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 21, 2020 22:22

IamKaia wrote:The chart i posted was a screenshot from the website you quote and if you could read, you'd see my chart represents the average population figures over the last 30 days you dingbat, hardly what one could call cherrypicking.

But if you feel like inflating numbers on the forums for show, sure knock yourself out. Last time i payed rent, /who returned 2 players on hib on primetime for EU on a friday, so hmmk.

My mistake, I forgot that chart was a 30 day average and not just last 24 hours :gaga:

Still I think the growth/speedometer is interesting when it goes back over the holiday season, I actually expected more to play during vacation, but it was opposit.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Botanist
Myrmidon

Postby Botanist » Jan 23, 2020 08:44

The main reason that made me stop playing was the "reboot" of uthgard to uthgard 2.0.
I've had several well equipped toons on Uthgard 1.0, some with decent RR (for a casual gamer) being deleted. Back then i knew that i would never had the motivation, persistence nor time (we are all getting older right?) to play as much as i did before the relaunch.

Other reasons were of course the dropping population (it's a typical pulling effect) and the - despite the already low population - still very "salty" and sometimes greedy/selfish population and some pseudo-elitist behavior of individuals, which is unusual for a dying game where only the biggest fanbase still plays and tries to have a good time.

The patch 1.65 itself was, at least not for me, the major reason to stop playing. I was ok with not having a map, having to walk longer distances, restricted potions, etc. although i was missing some progression and adjustments, especially the most basic QoL-changes to make life easier and playing more enjoyable.

For everyone still active here i hope there will be better times.

Peraine
Myrmidon

Postby Peraine » Jan 24, 2020 21:58

Pretty Simple, Playerbase got so low, i couldn't find anything to fight in RvR, so i stopped loggin in after a few Zero Encouter Days.

Ambron
Warder

Postby Ambron » Jan 24, 2020 23:47

Uth 1.0 brought me back to DAoC after i have stopped on Live.

On Uth 1.0 it was an amazing time. It was classic RvR feeling. Tajendi was an awesome custom dungeon and made it easier to build a nice template (tajendi cloak). (For me, Tajendi is the best dungeon ever made in DAoC. Not even the professionel developers did a better job.)
On Uth 1.0 i was certain i could take a break for 1-2 months and my characters would be there when i come back. My Templates will be fine and i could go back into PvP like nothing had happen.
The one annoying problem with Uthgard were the GMs who decided to not implement any QoL. I do not want to know how much time i have wasted moving from A to B etc.
Many ppl complaining about exprates on Uth1.0 but i managed to have dozens of templated 50s and all leg crafters there. So it could not be that hard. And the server ran for so long, you just could do a twink when the guild is offline.
- I could have played forever on Uth1.0 -

Then Genesis launched and everyone moved to Genesis because they promised QoL implementations and SI. And yes it was much easier to get to lvl 50... it was just an AOE-farming-hell... Yes dozens of templated 50s and all leg crafters... But the server was unstable and the code seemed to be unstable.

So Uth2.0 launched with THE CLASSIC EXPERIENCE promises. Yes we all started freeshard with Uth1.0. Yes we have loved the time. But... but... where did all my characters go? Where is the best dungeon in daoc history? Where is an item-database? how do i build a template now? Can i use a moras-database from any patch? No? i thought it is classic-livelike...

So the GMs deleted all (my) characters and the server had less QoL than Uth1.0.
Leveling all characters again.
Skilling all Crafters to max again.
Building an item-database from scratch again.
Having in mind that the GMs do not care a bit about their community.

Sorry i am out. Let them play with each other if they do not like other people.

PS: I do not feel amazed on Phoenix atm due to the custom changes which change the whole PvP experience. I am still waiting for a Uthgard-Like server with QoL implementations. QoL Implementations which do not effect the PvP or PvE but the time in between like Account Vault, Teleporters etc...

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jan 25, 2020 01:33

Item database? 1.65 without SI items? Whats the issue?

Clanggedin
Warder

Postby Clanggedin » Jan 25, 2020 03:07

For me personally, it takes me literally years to progress in these games because of how casually I play. I played on Uthgard 1.0 and spent an enormous amount of time getting my spiritmaster up in levels and to legendary alchemist. Then it was all wiped clean...that really put a sour taste in my mouth. Also during 1.0 I was able to convince my wife to play off and on so that was fun. Since 2.0 launched I made some more characters and tried to get back into it, but committing the time again is the problem. Also my wife will no longer play... she doesn't give second chances.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 25, 2020 13:21

Ambron wrote: Where is an item-database? how do i build a template now? Can i use a moras-database from any patch? No? i thought it is classic-livelike...

I feel a bit offended by this ;)

I spend many many hours building the bestiary and item database for Uthgard 2: http://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/

And many players submitted logs to gather even more information :hammer:
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 25, 2020 13:25

Clanggedin wrote:For me personally, it takes me literally years to progress in these games because of how casually I play. I played on Uthgard 1.0 and spent an enormous amount of time getting my spiritmaster up in levels and to legendary alchemist. Then it was all wiped clean...that really put a sour taste in my mouth. Also during 1.0 I was able to convince my wife to play off and on so that was fun. Since 2.0 launched I made some more characters and tried to get back into it, but committing the time again is the problem. Also my wife will no longer play... she doesn't give second chances.

Experience rate in especially frontier have changed a lot, to the better.

At level 49 I can actually see my bar moving from killing oranges, that is pretty daft.

Many complains here about lack of QoL only comes down to 2 things IMO: Teleporter and account vault, the rest is where it should be for a classic server. But all the quitters never saw this as they refuse to return and still claim the same QoL for years instead of having a feel about how the server balance is, from actually playing it.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jan 25, 2020 14:33

madskaizer wrote:But all the quitters never saw this as they refuse to return and still claim the same QoL for years instead of having a feel about how the server balance is, from actually playing it.

Why would anybody come back when GMs are inactive and dont care about server anymore? Even if players got over the actual content issue(s), there is still no GM presence, no updated frontpage news, no stated or planned direction of the server, still waiting for SI since 2010. You can disagree with this all you want but at least acknowledge the optics of how desolate this place is

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Jan 25, 2020 14:45

madskaizer wrote:
Many complains here about lack of QoL only comes down to 2 things IMO: Teleporter and account vault, the rest is where it should be for a classic server. But all the quitters never saw this as they refuse to return and still claim the same QoL for years instead of having a feel about how the server balance is, from actually playing it.

Missing Account Vault and Teleporter are complained since start. From many playerd. Again and again.
Staff said, never will come to Uthgard.
4000 players tested Uthgard. 3950 said, no thanks not my server. Staff said, you dont need to play here, go out and enjoy the sunshine. And now you think Uthgard gets treated unfair. How cute.

And there is not the one truth, how a classicserver must be. Classic means a setting, not a patchpoint.
Oh and i tried Uth 1 time.
Logged in with bard, goes in rvr, find a group of 6 and i wanted to roam around emain.
Then the group wanted me to switch the instruments for speed 6. I hate this and i feel it a pure annoyness and a big fat malus in Hib. There is no reason why to make this mess more handy. But i guess its not the holy grail calles classic right?
And even the endureg sprint is no option because you still have the 3 or 2 minutes potions. Thats a joke and my reason because i refuse Uthgard for the 2nd time.

Oh and beside, its a dead shard, not because of the 50 players, but because of the sad rest of 2 staffmembers and no headadmin. So why players should care, if staff and founder dont?

And i think Blue knew as he create Uth2 that he has in near future more dutys to do than to be a serveradmin.
So he decide to make a pure patchpointserver where he has nothing more to do from a point of time.
And thats why he can not care for now at time.
Happy fathersday :wink:
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Quik
Myrmidon

Postby Quik » Jan 25, 2020 18:36

madskaizer wrote:
Clanggedin wrote:For me personally, it takes me literally years to progress in these games because of how casually I play. I played on Uthgard 1.0 and spent an enormous amount of time getting my spiritmaster up in levels and to legendary alchemist. Then it was all wiped clean...that really put a sour taste in my mouth. Also during 1.0 I was able to convince my wife to play off and on so that was fun. Since 2.0 launched I made some more characters and tried to get back into it, but committing the time again is the problem. Also my wife will no longer play... she doesn't give second chances.

At level 49 I can actually see my bar moving from killing oranges, that is pretty daft.

I can speak for myself and a couple friends from Oregon that would come back the moment they added these.

I've been asking since beta for these things and have been told over and over that they will never happen, so I just check back every week or so just to see if any changes have happened, and to put in my 2 cents on a few things.

Clanggedin
Warder

Postby Clanggedin » Jan 26, 2020 20:37

Quik wrote:
madskaizer wrote:

I can speak for myself and a couple friends from Oregon that would come back the moment they added these.

I've been asking since beta for these things and have been told over and over that they will never happen, so I just check back every week or so just to see if any changes have happened, and to put in my 2 cents on a few things.

This is true. I would consider playing again as well if these 2 QoL features were in. I tend to be an altoholic and it is VERY difficult without being able to easily transfer items. 2.3 Plat (total cost for house with shared vault) is a King's ransom for a starting player and completely unreasonable.

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Jan 29, 2020 04:04

I dont think adding these fair qol features for all realms will hurt this server :roll:
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Jan 29, 2020 11:37

I got bored out by the grind and daoc itself but always came back after some time.

Eventually it was the lack of players.
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics