New User Needs Advice

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
moogleplay
Guardian

Postby moogleplay » Dec 10, 2019 19:52

Hello all! I had played DAoC back in the day up til Shrouded Isles and loved the game. I recently discovered Uthgard and wish to play but I noticed that it is low population. Which realm would be best to play on to have fun AND companionship? Thanks ahead of time to any that might answer this post. Have a great day all!
[b]Today is a good day for a good day![/b]

Galandriel4
Myrmidon

Postby Galandriel4 » Dec 10, 2019 20:43

hallo anika

moogleplay
Guardian

Postby moogleplay » Dec 10, 2019 20:58

Galandriel4 wrote:hallo anika

Hmmm? O.o Anika?

wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Dec 10, 2019 21:00

moogleplay wrote:Hello all! I had played DAoC back in the day up til Shrouded Isles and loved the game. I recently discovered Uthgard and wish to play but I noticed that it is low population. Which realm would be best to play on to have fun AND companionship? Thanks ahead of time to any that might answer this post. Have a great day all!

Any realm right now is great. We just rebalanced and the rvr has been doing fantastic lately.

Hib is least populated, alb most populated. All realms will help you out and get you going. The population isn't there, but the community is. I have been here a few months and I definitely enjoy the better social aspect compared to live.

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Dec 10, 2019 21:02

Mid and Albion both have good population. Hibernia is a bit lacking right now, but a few of my guildmates talked of potentially moving over. If you go Midgard, message anyone in Slayer and we'll hook you up so you're not running around gimpy.

moogleplay
Guardian

Postby moogleplay » Dec 10, 2019 21:36

Wow thanks all for the feedback. :) Says a lot for the community. Yeah I was thinking I wanted to become a Thane.

wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Dec 10, 2019 22:16

moogleplay wrote:Wow thanks all for the feedback. :) Says a lot for the community. Yeah I was thinking I wanted to become a Thane.

Thanes are fun. If you look for Henes online I'll help you out as much as I can.

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Dec 11, 2019 03:32

moogleplay wrote:Hello all! I had played DAoC back in the day up til Shrouded Isles and loved the game. I recently discovered Uthgard and wish to play but I noticed that it is low population. Which realm would be best to play on to have fun AND companionship? Thanks ahead of time to any that might answer this post. Have a great day all!

What time zone do you plan on playing mostly? You'll find that the availability of other players and the resources they could provide to you may vary from timezone to timezone and also by weekday vs weekend. Which subsequently could affect your game experience. This is not to discourage you, but just to give a heads up on a potential challenge to which you may need to overcome by using these forums, or logging in at different hours to accomplish your task/goal at hand.

Long story short: EU timezones have a bit higher population then NA timezones but either path you take I'm sure that you will come across players willing to help you up, but just don't be afraid to speak out and ask for help.

Good luck and have fun!

moogleplay
Guardian

Postby moogleplay » Dec 11, 2019 06:15

Antiks wrote:

What time zone do you plan on playing mostly? You'll find that the availability of other players and the resources they could provide to you may vary from timezone to timezone and also by weekday vs weekend. Which subsequently could affect your game experience. This is not to discourage you, but just to give a heads up on a potential challenge to which you may need to overcome by using these forums, or logging in at different hours to accomplish your task/goal at hand.

Long story short: EU timezones have a bit higher population then NA timezones but either path you take I'm sure that you will come across players willing to help you up, but just don't be afraid to speak out and ask for help.

Good luck and have fun!

I myself am CST but I do not keep normal hours usually. Just got to level 5 and became a Thane by the name of Thaylia. :)

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Dec 11, 2019 08:13

moogleplay wrote:I myself am CST but I do not keep normal hours usually. Just got to level 5 and became a Thane by the name of Thaylia.

Very cool! I'm sure as it was said above in this thread, Slayer will be happy to take you under their wing and get you going. I think there are others around during those times you can group with too. Good luck!

Return to General Topics