Repopulate Hib

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Nov 24, 2019 23:29

I'll roll a toon there and flip flop back and forth as I need.

wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Nov 25, 2019 02:27

Antiks wrote:I'll roll a toon there and flip flop back and forth as I need.

I will too! Is the 2 day wait still on or is was that cut down? I can't tell

Kaomh
Warder

Postby Kaomh » Nov 25, 2019 20:30

Still 2 days to switch realms.
Smile when you call me "noob!"
Hib:
Vodonn - Valewalker & Legendary Tailor
Fionnaoira - Ranger & Weaponcrafter
Kaomh - Enchantress
Adnuall - Nightshade & Alchemist
Vodoff - Warden
Voivode - Druid
Sporocarp - Animist

Mid:
Beornborg - Skald
Kinkinky - Bonedancer & Legendary Tailor

Izzt
Myrmidon

Postby Izzt » Nov 26, 2019 12:31

Iam back in Hib in 7 hours

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Nov 26, 2019 15:27

Seeing all of these makes me tempted to swap back to hib for a bit... I could really enjoy playing my mentalist again, although I never did get the chance to level up very high on it.

Izzt
Myrmidon

Postby Izzt » Nov 26, 2019 15:39

hope to see u all there, and ofc iam interesting to see Abydoss playing with me on Hib side. i guess i never played with a GM ;)

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Nov 26, 2019 19:02

Izzt wrote:hope to see u all there, and ofc iam interesting to see Abydoss playing with me on Hib side. i guess i never played with a GM ;)

That you know of at least. :wink: They don't usually say who they are in game.

I have not set my timer yet. Still talking it over with a few others that are possibly interested. Thinking we might go over for the weekend, but still not sure yet.

wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Nov 28, 2019 03:58

Antiks wrote:
Izzt wrote:hope to see u all there, and ofc iam interesting to see Abydoss playing with me on Hib side. i guess i never played with a GM ;)

That you know of at least. :wink: They don't usually say who they are in game.

I have not set my timer yet. Still talking it over with a few others that are possibly interested. Thinking we might go over for the weekend, but still not sure yet.

It looks like my thread about it has sparked a larger interest. Probably a better time now than ever to go over! Hibs took a few keeps while the Euros were on.

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Nov 28, 2019 13:50

oh my goodness, pve keeptakes, some quality classic vanilla 1.65 daoc RvR experience right there :roll:
Such a good thing there are RP rewards for those! Otherwise we might have to actually fight other players.

got'em

Izzt
Myrmidon

Postby Izzt » Nov 28, 2019 15:25

IamKaia wrote:oh my goodness, pve keeptakes, some quality classic vanilla 1.65 daoc RvR experience right there :roll:
Such a good thing there are RP rewards for those! Otherwise we might have to actually fight other players.

got'em

ähmm IamKaia......... fu

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Nov 28, 2019 15:38

Izzt wrote:

ähmm IamKaia......... fu

Are you having a stroke right now little guy? Should we be concerned for you?

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Nov 28, 2019 17:54

IamKaia wrote:oh my goodness, pve keeptakes, some quality classic vanilla 1.65 daoc RvR experience right there :roll:

got'em

It seems pretty obvious that a high percentage of the remaining players on this server do not want to RVR in they way you do IamKaia, or maybe even RVR at all. To them this is a PVE server where RPs for keep takes is just another way for them to progress their characters and enjoy this mostly classic server setting.

Perhaps instead you could suggest ways to get the players that want to RVR to RVR. Making suggestions that try to force people to play the game in a way they do not want, or take away what they enjoy, probably won't work.

I'll start.
(Apologies GMs for not being completely on topic, feel free to move this part of the post to a new thread. Although i feel like they could all help population on Hib and the server in general.)

1. Implement an Arena system where people can queue up and 1v1 3v3 8v8 16v16 etc, in a very small BG with no keep. Cap RP rewards to a daily/weekly amount (5-10k daily) so that the system is not abused to power level RR or take away from other ways to make RPs.

2. Return all relics to their home realms every 2 weeks with doors fully repaired to encourage more balance and action for players that like to take them. Keeps may also need to reset at the same time to reduce abuse. (Also make relic doors call guards when attacked by siege/players from a distance, 1 person breaking doors with no guards to deter them is just bad design.)

3. Change Relic bonus system so that realms that do not have their own Relics gain a +10% for Exp and RPs gained for each of 2 missing Relics. Maybe people would play Hib with a 20% xp / rp bonus since they never have relics anymore.

4. Open Darkness Falls to all 3 realms at all times. Or instead of being linked to # of keeps owned, perhaps link it to total population instead. If less than 100 players online = Open to all.

5. Add Player RVR combat / Keep under attack spam to broadcast in all zones, with a filter to turn on/off for those that do not care. Player combat alert should include zone and perhaps general location. Let people know there is action out there to be had and not have to roam for hours to find it.

6. Remove /anonymous, this is a server lacking players and people should be able to see who else is online. Add /DND (do not disturb) which would work like /afk but with an /ignore type component so people that don't want to be bothered just wont see the tells.

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Nov 28, 2019 18:04

Ebbie wrote:

got'em

It seems pretty obvious that a high percentage of the remaining players on this server do not want to RVR in they way you do IamKaia, or maybe even RVR at all. To them this is a PVE server where RPs for keep takes is just another way for them to progress their characters and enjoy this mostly classic server setting.

Perhaps instead you could suggest ways to get the players that want to RVR to RVR. Making suggestions that try to force people to play the game in a way they do not want, or take away what they enjoy, probably won't work.

I'll start.
(Apologies GMs for not being completely on topic, feel free to move this part of the post to a new thread. Although i feel like they could all help population on Hib and the server in general.)

1. Implement an Arena system where people can queue up and 1v1 3v3 8v8 16v16 etc, in a very small BG with no keep. Cap RP rewards to a daily/weekly amount (5-10k daily) so that the system is not abused to power level RR or take away from other ways to make RPs.

2. Return all relics to their home realms every 2 weeks with doors fully repaired to encourage more balance and action for players that like to take them. Keeps may also need to reset at the same time to reduce abuse. (Also make relic doors call guards when attacked by siege/players from a distance, 1 person breaking doors with no guards to deter them is just bad design.)

3. Change Relic bonus system so that realms that do not have their own Relics gain a +10% for Exp and RPs gained for each of 2 missing Relics. Maybe people would play Hib with a 20% xp / rp bonus since they never have relics anymore.

4. Open Darkness Falls to all 3 realms at all times. Or instead of being linked to # of keeps owned, perhaps link it to total population instead. If less than 100 players online = Open to all.

5. Add Player RVR combat / Keep under attack spam to broadcast in all zones, with a filter to turn on/off for those that do not care. Player combat alert should include zone and perhaps general location. Let people know there is action out there to be had and not have to roam for hours to find it.

6. Remove /anonymous, this is a server lacking players and people should be able to see who else is online. Add /DND (do not disturb) which would work like /afk but with an /ignore type component so people that don't want to be bothered just wont see the tells.

The vision of Uthgard has changed over time but with our relaunch we are completely focused on an authentic 1.65 experience. We strive to deliver a wonderful classic setting and welcome you to our robust worldwide community that supports and looks after each other.

Maybe we could (simply) be more in line with that actual vision by removing all RP rewards for keeps.

I read your suggestions and i feel like while some of them are harmless enough, i think some others feel very custom/unclassic like or actually detrimental to other facets of the game (there is a reason why relic doors are there and cost so much to repair).

Also, removing anonymous would be the most detrimental thing to the community you could do on Uthgard. You see it's an old shard, with people who crossrealm, talk to each other on disc, communicate infos and such. So i agree on theory, but in practice, god no please no.

I however agree that the problem with hib is more a problem with the server than anything else, and with the concept that you break with the server graveyard status by incentivizing actual PvP and not by catering to those few who actually dig pveing doors down.

But feels like arguing on this forum is like ****** against the wind, so :roll:

Ultimately, really does not matter what you or i want. It's what Blue, Abydos and the albs/mids on the player council want and that is pretty much it and it ain't going to change :-)

Previous

Return to General Topics