Let's talk about the population

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Nov 20, 2019 16:15

Lol what a insulting dumb statement Valfar.
Uthgard gives no reason to play here. No rl progress in fixing the issues which prevent others to play here and a dead staff. Where is the porter in capitals? Where the Healer in DL? Where is the portstone? Where are the barrels? Where are....

Why should a player decide to play on a museumserver?
The other server is what Uthgard could be if they had listen to their community and had the courage to implement a casual friendly setting.

What you deserve is what you get. And Uthgard get what it deserve. Sadly!!!
I wish they had listen to the many people. This people are now happy and play DAoC on the better server.
1,8k players cant be wrong.

You instead still hanging around on this server and insulting people which made their legit choice. I hope you stay here till shutdown.
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Nov 20, 2019 16:41

Roxxor wrote:Uthgard gives no reason to play here. No rl progress in fixing the issues which prevent others to play here and a dead staff. Where is the porter in capitals? Where the Healer in DL? Where is the portstone? Where are the barrels? Where are....

Why should a player decide to play on a museumserver? .

Hi Roxxor! I was thinking that this idea that staff have done "nothing" related to QoL etc, is absurd....then I found this little gem (from a QoL thread where staff asked for suggestions in 2018)

Roxxor wrote:Hello Blue, Thrishin...

Since you asked for Input, I think it is a very good idea to push solo and small man factors.

1. Stacking Potions, however it get managed, for example 99% for 6 charges and 100% for 9 charges or 3 / 6 charges
2. Teleports from frontier telekeeps to dun crauchon, bledmeer and beno OR Horseroutes
3. Recharger NPCs should be able to recharge crafted charges too since it is no alchimist in hib at time who can recharge afaik
4. Remove autotrain plz and restore lost points for each class which gets suffered
5. Dot on map ( don't underestimate this fix, I personally not need it, but other leaved because of this...)
I hope you find this or that to keep in mind from my feedback.
Thx for Uthgard

Literally every one of your "most important QoL features" was addressed (except player crafted recharging)

And you're still on the boards qq'ing that you "need" xyz to play here...

Fecks sake dude...
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Nov 20, 2019 16:47

Roxxor wrote:Lol what a insulting dumb statement Valfar.
Uthgard gives no reason to play here. No rl progress in fixing the issues which prevent others to play here and a dead staff. Where is the porter in capitals? Where the Healer in DL? Where is the portstone? Where are the barrels? Where are....

Why should a player decide to play on a museumserver?
The other server is what Uthgard could be if they had listen to their community and had the courage to implement a casual friendly setting.

What you deserve is what you get. And Uthgard get what it deserve. Sadly!!!
I wish they had listen to the many people. This people are now happy and play DAoC on the better server.
1,8k players cant be wrong.

You instead still hanging around on this server and insulting people which made their legit choice. I hope you stay here till shutdown.

Another ridiculous person believing in fairy tales. I have no nice things to say about most of the uthgard staff, but I can actually back that up with solid arguments, unlike 90% of whiners who just react emotionally when they get wiped in RvR and think the whole world is to blame, and not them. Well it is what it is, time will tell. Until then, I bid you good day and good luck in your battles.
It is what it is.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Nov 20, 2019 20:26

Valfar wrote:
albeyond wrote:N=1 but my group which currently plays on the alternative server would come back to uthgard if the server was rebooted and had a sustainable population. We just follow the population

So basically you're a parasite. Instead of being the change you want to see, you wait for a ready-made environment to be formed so you could use it as habitat. People refer to "population" as some mystical entity that's somewhere out there, not realizing they are the population. A hundred dollars is hundred times one dollar, same with people. If enough individuals make a choice to try to play somewhere and actually contribute + not give up after a few bumps on the road or if some hype train is announced, we wouldn't be having these idiotic conversations in the first place. But hell, to each his own...you're a free individual and I guess being a parasite is a choice too.

You're a ****** idiot.

My entire group (about 10 guys) has RL jobs, kids, significant others. I personally wake up at 5am and am exhausted by the time I'm able to play DAoC. So yes, you'll excuse us if we don't want to take 2-3 hours a few days a week and stand around twiddling our thumbs on Uthgard while the GMs let this sad excuse for a freeshard shrivel up and die due to inaction and egocentrism. ****** off Valfar

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Nov 21, 2019 08:51

The number of posts I've had to delete due to rulebreaking is too damn high. Locking this one

Previous

Return to General Topics