Relic guard aggro range

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Aug 08, 2019 05:15

So, I've seen archers NPCs in keeps ignore my infiltrator, unstealthed...right next to them (not mezzed or stunned, just not aggroing).

I investigated some of the relic keep shenanigans tonight, thinking the usual palintone gang....

Nope, 1 ranger, shooting door 2 at myrddin...i didn't stop to measure the range, but seems like glitchy guard ignoring behavior? Maybe related to stealthing and restealthing?
sshot421.jpg

----

Also, according to some resources (http://daoc.djswifty.com/siege_weapon_FAQ.php) Ballista class seige weapons are useful for "quickly disabling enemy seige equipment" But the highest tier ballista, the ironwood palintone, deals 307 dmg to an enemy palintone (or keep door...or level 1 mob, or level 50 bard) which is barely enough damage to outpace somebody repairing the enemy seige.

Now, I'd love to see RvR missions come to fruition, and just forget about all buggy guards & low pop 3-person relic raids (against 7 purple guards)...but here we are!
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Aug 08, 2019 09:22

Hard to tell but it looks about right to me insofar as he is just outside the aggro range. I set Excalibur on fire with my shaman several times in the past couple weeks for various reasons and it looks to me about the same distance. I was able to bolt kill the archers in gatehouse and damage the door with a full complement of guards up.

Edit - not to be completely unsympathetic...yes the guards should be wrecking him. It's just common sense, a player close enough to damage a door, especially the second door, should draw aggro. Perhaps siege should have enough range to damage without a pull, but players most certainly should be attacked. Abydos said recently "this is an old game". Well it is also a 'bad' game in many respects, with many poor mechanics and jump the shark nonsense. We play out of nostalgia or whatever reasons, but that is still the case. I am a bit amused by the grumbling from albs over this, this is about the third post I have seen referring to the hib shroom/shade relic shenanigans where they can small man a relic but I do have to say considering that albs bread and butter has long been the ridiculous minstrel SoS relic snatch....it is a tad ironic to say the least. I will leave it to Valfar to chime in on 'ridiculous old RA's' though... :o

Return to General Topics