any plays for a fresh start?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Kriko
Warder

Postby Kriko » Aug 04, 2019 12:37

Hello everyone,

I have played on uthgard for approximately 1year and half, until the pop stayed >500.

I stopped playing last june, I was sad but the population was too low (still is) for me to keep having fun.

This is a MMORPG and for the game to fun be fun and healthy, there gotta be population.

A daoc server with a 100 players peak is no daoc server.

I understand people are attached to their characters, I am too. But I really would like to have fun on Uthgard as I have had for over 1 year. In order for me (and many others) to have a nice and enjoyble experience, we need to have again 1000+ players on Uthgard.
Hence why I am here: do you have any plans whatsoever to wipe and relaunch the server (maybe once SI is completed) with some QoL improvements so that people and keen to playing here and staying for a long time? I am not talking of customizing the server, just make the xp a little faster, add some special xp bonus, make the whole experience more enjoyable without changing important stuff.

People will be sad about losing their characters, but they will realize it's worth it once they see how fun the game can be again after the server is relaunched and we have again thousands of players around.
Thanks!

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Aug 04, 2019 14:43

Kriko wrote:Hello everyone,

I have played on uthgard for approximately 1year and half, until the pop stayed >500.

I stopped playing last june, I was sad but the population was too low (still is) for me to keep having fun.

This is a MMORPG and for the game to fun be fun and healthy, there gotta be population.

A daoc server with a 100 players peak is no daoc server.

I understand people are attached to their characters, I am too. But I really would like to have fun on Uthgard as I have had for over 1 year. In order for me (and many others) to have a nice and enjoyble experience, we need to have again 1000+ players on Uthgard.
Hence why I am here: do you have any plans whatsoever to wipe and relaunch the server (maybe once SI is completed) with some QoL improvements so that people and keen to playing here and staying for a long time? I am not talking of customizing the server, just make the xp a little faster, add some special xp bonus, make the whole experience more enjoyable without changing important stuff.

People will be sad about losing their characters, but they will realize it's worth it once they see how fun the game can be again after the server is relaunched and we have again thousands of players around.
Thanks!

There's a thread I started where I recommended a fresh start and was told it will never happen.

Moondragon1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Moondragon1 » Aug 04, 2019 16:42

Yeah, we were told several things would never, ever, ever happen on the server, and now they've happened. So....

Nerthos
Warder

Postby Nerthos » Aug 04, 2019 18:51

there was a fresh start recently by that other server, why are the ppl who jumped ship not happy? its been thosewho caused the population drop.
so if you want to come back, login and contribute to the server instead of opening stupid threads over and over again without even reading the forum.
Kabalix/Sunna

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Aug 04, 2019 21:01

No, the server will not be wiped again.

Return to General Topics