Ground Drop Transfer

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Jul 25, 2019 03:21

Could ground drop transfer be implemented plz?
1.) Can't find anyone to help transfer items during NA time. (population only exists for a few hours when Euro population is on)
2.) Don't play much anymore, if I buy a house I'll come back weeks later to no house. I don't like spending my time farming gold for house rent when all I'd use a house for is transferring items.

I don't know if this is a possibility, but ground drop transferring would help me and probably others as well.

*Also, a guild name change option...make it cost 200 plat like guild emblem change. There aren't enough people on during non peek hours to help remake/make a guild and that population is spread out over 3 realms.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Jul 25, 2019 03:28

Or make it so you can make a guild by yourself without a group.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jul 25, 2019 03:45

You can put up to 8 weeks rent into the lockbox, and any money you have on a CM will also be used to cover the rent. The lowest level house is 20g/week

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Jul 25, 2019 04:00

Alright...What about the guild stuff then?

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jul 25, 2019 04:20

Malach wrote:Alright...What about the guild stuff then?

Will bring it up internally to see about lowering the requirements temporarily

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Jul 25, 2019 04:37

Cool, thank you.

Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Jul 25, 2019 10:47

Sorry for jumping in here.

What would be nice would be an account vault keeper in Camelot or Beno. (If we talk albion.)

Making MP chain for example requires a lot of running around on toons, from and to housing, if no one else is around to hold your leather.
Or
maybe a Porter in Camelot (Main Realm City) to be able to port to housing/house bind would help in that aspect as well.

Dropping items on the ground and being able to pick it up with another account toon is more tricky I guess.. How long will it stay on the ground and what if you LD and cannot get back ingame.

Just my 2 cents..
Gremon <The Ministry> Alb Excaliber - Gremon <Guardians of Light> Alb Uthgard 2

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Jul 25, 2019 11:42

Gremon wrote:Sorry for jumping in here.

What would be nice would be an account vault keeper in Camelot or Beno. (If we talk albion.)

Making MP chain for example requires a lot of running around on toons, from and to housing, if no one else is around to hold your leather.
Or
maybe a Porter in Camelot (Main Realm City) to be able to port to housing/house bind would help in that aspect as well.

Dropping items on the ground and being able to pick it up with another account toon is more tricky I guess.. How long will it stay on the ground and what if you LD and cannot get back ingame.

Just my 2 cents..

Very good points, i wishing Account Vault and Porter in Main Citys´s will come.
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Jul 25, 2019 13:49

Gremon wrote:Dropping items on the ground and being able to pick it up with another account toon is more tricky I guess.. How long will it stay on the ground and what if you LD and cannot get back ingame.

I play a lot of Project1999 and do ground transfers 90% of the time, even with my expensive gear. The bags sit on the ground for 4ish minutes (Haven't timed it) and even if I crash out between logging in the bags are still there.
It's as simple as running your alt to a empty non-used building and /q'ing out and bringing the other alt over there, dropping stuff /q'ing out and picking it back up. Although if your items are found by someone it's fair loot in that game, but its never happened to me and that game has way more people playing it. /who the zone you'd drop transfer in and if no ones in your good.
Not going to happen though I guess. but would be nice. Can't find anyone to transfer stuff anymore cause everyones busy doing their own thing so you have to buy a house and do the running or not transfer...No other options.

I've got a ton of salvage on my necro I need to get over to my metal tinker alt, if I have to buy a house to transfer that stuff over...well I'm not going to so the necro will be in Camelot forever now with a bag's full of salvage I can't move over...effectively ending my farming. Which sucks .. womp womp

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Jul 26, 2019 08:50

Malach wrote:I've got a ton of salvage on my necro I need to get over to my metal tinker alt, if I have to buy a house to transfer that stuff over...well I'm not going to so the necro will be in Camelot forever now with a bag's full of salvage I can't move over...effectively ending my farming. Which sucks .. womp womp

Bound in Camelot, but not next to the (hopefully empty) Vault Keeper?

You can always drop stuff and run to the vault, drop things off, pick up the dropped ones and rinse and repeat. If the vault is full, well, bad planning.
Albion Forever!

Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Jul 26, 2019 09:20

Malach wrote:
Gremon wrote:Dropping items on the ground and being able to pick it up with another account toon is more tricky I guess.. How long will it stay on the ground and what if you LD and cannot get back ingame.

I play a lot of Project1999 and do ground transfers 90% of the time, even with my expensive gear. The bags sit on the ground for 4ish minutes (Haven't timed it) and even if I crash out between logging in the bags are still there.
It's as simple as running your alt to a empty non-used building and /q'ing out and bringing the other alt over there, dropping stuff /q'ing out and picking it back up. Although if your items are found by someone it's fair loot in that game, but its never happened to me and that game has way more people playing it. /who the zone you'd drop transfer in and if no ones in your good.
Not going to happen though I guess. but would be nice. Can't find anyone to transfer stuff anymore cause everyones busy doing their own thing so you have to buy a house and do the running or not transfer...No other options.

I've got a ton of salvage on my necro I need to get over to my metal tinker alt, if I have to buy a house to transfer that stuff over...well I'm not going to so the necro will be in Camelot forever now with a bag's full of salvage I can't move over...effectively ending my farming. Which sucks .. womp womp

Give me a PM in game and I'll come and help you out.
Ask for Gremon Guardians of Light
Gremon <The Ministry> Alb Excaliber - Gremon <Guardians of Light> Alb Uthgard 2

Kaomh
Warder

Postby Kaomh » Jul 28, 2019 18:00

If ground drop transfer is out of the question, how about adding an option to make your personal vault so that any player can deposit items in it, but only the owner can remove from it?
Smile when you call me "noob!"
Hib:
Vodonn - Valewalker & Legendary Tailor
Fionnaoira - Ranger & Weaponcrafter
Kaomh - Enchantress
Adnuall - Nightshade & Alchemist
Vodoff - Warden
Voivode - Druid
Sporocarp - Animist

Mid:
Beornborg - Skald
Kinkinky - Bonedancer & Legendary Tailor

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Jul 28, 2019 19:43

This thread got me thinking....what about a global /help channel? Just for PVE/general stuff...with the same restrictions of 5 minute reuse, and no RvR info?

Like:

Help: Any xfer help in cammy?

Help: What's a good xp spot for a mid thirties trio?

Help: Anyone seen shadowgnash?

Could be a nice resource for new players...
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Jul 30, 2019 11:32

Grahmdal wrote:This thread got me thinking....what about a global /help channel? Just for PVE/general stuff...with the same restrictions of 5 minute reuse, and no RvR info?

Like:

Help: Any xfer help in cammy?

Help: What's a good xp spot for a mid thirties trio?

Help: Anyone seen shadowgnash?

Could be a nice resource for new players...

As I ´m not playing on Uth I ´m considering is the craft/farm economy still working? Are there still level groups outside? Are there still dragon raids and has the difficulty of the dragons and other encounters been decreased due of the lack of players?

I know it ´s not easy to adjust the dragons and other bossmobs, but the xp gain, craftspeed (time to make a leg. crafter, because it´s not easy to find crafters I guess) could be adjusted due to population, that would help the remaining players a lot.

Any status/ETA on SI? Or it ´s still the vague it ´s done when it ´s done?

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Jul 30, 2019 15:48

You're asking me? It's still a functioning server...people PVE, craft, farm, and RvR...

I dunno lol...just log in and see what happens?
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Next

Return to General Topics