Idea for net neutral population gain

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Jun 08, 2019 22:54

Grahmdal wrote:Don't blame Romu...blame the folks who play a different server 5 days a week, but show up twice a week to "contribute" to Uthgard. Romu is here daily, doing various things, building PvE groups...crafting...every time I need to buy something it's a long horse ride to house 4982 :P

Really looking forward to RvR missions at any rate.

Don't blame the zerg leader for leading zergs on a low pop server? ;) Well... and anyway yes I named him but yeh it is the point you made that I was making too: "Where are the other bloody albs when it's a ghost town every night?" Come out and ring a bell of a Hib keep, kill some guards on a claimed keep and wait for inc. If you haven't pushed our heads too far down in the mud with silly numbers, we will come and respond to you.

Funnily enough that is exactly what we did with Mids last night. We had even numbers and we had a fight nearby Blend. That was great. More of that!
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Jun 08, 2019 23:45

Haha, I saw that spam....8 green lines of text in like 20 seconds.

It still baffles me that guilds playing two servers think they're doing anything good here. They're basically a herd of elephants rampaging twice a week....and it takes a while for all the small critters to come back out.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Romu
Gryphon Knight

Postby Romu » Jun 09, 2019 15:27

kinthos wrote:Sadly it doesn't help that every time Hib (dunno about Mid) try to get back on our feet, the Romu zerg rides through town and destroys it all again. We don't have the numbers, the setup (never any druids), or the morale to keep putting up with it as it stands. The only other action is Schmi with his boring pro keep take crew - they have the "only engage a keep if it's empty" policy so will just run away from the slightest chance of an actual in game fight.

Now in case you think I am just moaning for the sake of it. I am not. Hib were starting to build up a bit from what I could see. Solum/Mortus were getting numbers each night and things were happening every day. Now thats stopped and the only hibs willing to go out are usually the same 4/5 players whenever they happen to be logged on. Thats all we have. Eeeesh it's frustrating. It's either no action or overwhelming odds.

Oh this reminds me. Remove the damn 3 minute delay for flames!!! Then we can try to defend before the 2nd door is down every time.

You have enough people to attack our relic keep at nighttime, think it was 7 people including a druid. You could easily take back your Keeps and even open DF for your realm. Instead you decided to destroy two relic doors. If you want to help your realm, that is just stupid. There may be times where you are outnumbered heavily, but there are times where you outnumber the other realms and all you do is make your biggest enemy even more upset.

I did not attack any Hib Keeps for several month. I almost never take every keep of a realm. I am out for two nights a week for three hours, like i do for over two years now. I know that when we have 20 people thats more than the other realms could bring, but what do you think should i do? Tell the people that we dont do RvR anymore because Hibs and Mids are not organized? We are totally random groups, most times we dont even have a sorc, we nearly never have minstrel speed and often the groups have only one cleric. Many people are below 50, so i think if a group like yours at relic keep would be defending your keeps you would have good chances to beat us. Bring two Animists and we could never enter your keeps. Upgrade your keep doors and you slow us down that we could not take so many keeps in three hours. Mids do that very sucessfully, last week we could not take any keeps against Reallydirty and his bomber crew.

So dont blame others for the mistakes you do. I think Hibs would be more motivated if they see a green home frontier or have DF when logging in.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jun 09, 2019 16:46

We broke your doors because its the only way to get Albs to come out and actually FIGHT. there were 6 of us at any given time. one bard, one ment, one druid 2 nightshades and a ranger to start. folks swapped in and out during, but never more than six. And you know what? It worked like it always does. 6-7 Albs came out to play. They mostly just sat at the doors but at least they were out for a bit. I saw a cleric, two minstrels, a thuerg, a sorc, a reaver, and a scout. pretty decent group. Don't know why they didn't push and make an effort to kill us one of the 100 times we pulled multiple purple guards. Regardless, we had fun and I assume they had fun. WAY more fun than taking empty keeps, but I guess Albs enjoy that.

Why take our keeps back so Albs can just farm them for rps after we're gone when we can actually fight Albs instead? Nobody in Hib wants DF, they want action. last night was a 10/10, Ill gladly knock down your relic doors again. You don't like it? come out and stop us.

By the way, it wasn't some dastardly "nightime" raid by honorless hibs. It was prime time NA time. You know, how like the EU Albs take all our keeps while we're at work during the day...

I like you Romu, you bring some action and that is a very good thing. I don't blame you for taking keeps with your zerg, go for it. Hib is going to do what it can. I was disappointed you didn't come for Ail after you took Bolg yesterday, there were 5 of us waiting for you....

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Jun 09, 2019 17:20

During the EU prime time when you were running - we tried to defend. This is of course tricky with multiple rams and pets smashing doors to bits before we can get there (and this is with lvl4-6 doors too). By the time we know where you are (with flames on herald), there is a very slim chance to get to the keep before taken. Even then, 3-6 hibs (at best) mixing from 42-50 try to get in the keep. Most of us are killed when trying to get in, or the doors are already down and we back off and try to guess the next keep you take.

Again to re-iterate - you were named but this wasn't really about you. Do what you want. My frustration is with the albs that never appear until you are on. Then boom, suddenly 16-24 albs magically are smashing everything up. Great. So yeh, smacking the alb doors was sweet revenge and we farmed a bunch of albs in the process. Quite satisfying end to otherwise disappointing evening.

p.s. Remove the 3 min timer on this population server. (this may form the end of every post I make moving forward)
[EDIT] Sorry when I said 3 minute timer, I was referring to the Herald flames on keeps. Not the pad timer.
Last edited by kinthos on Jun 11, 2019 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -

Shining
Myrmidon

Postby Shining » Jun 09, 2019 21:54

Romu not hiding anymore? xD

Greetz

Romu
Gryphon Knight

Postby Romu » Jun 10, 2019 16:49

Shining wrote:Romu not hiding anymore? xD

Greetz

I never did, i reveal our position every time i attack a keep. But if you just sit inside a keep with at 3+ bomb group and waiting for others to attack dont blame them if they dont attack that keep. Come outside and roam or even attack an enemy keep and you will find fights. The point is if you generate the action you can choose where to fight. And that is obviously not the place where you have a big disadvantage. Your group never generated any action and just tried to defend/assjam someone. And you were not able to adapt as that did not work anymore. Thats why your guild is dead now.

Gilded
Myrmidon

Postby Gilded » Jun 10, 2019 23:48

3 minute timer is fine for all realms atm imo.

But lowering the 4 people needed to claim keeps could be reduced to 2 or 3 due to the low pop.

Gratz on Power Relics and smashing in the outer Excal relic keep gates :grin:

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jun 11, 2019 04:27

I also think 3 minutes is fine, but would be nice if the herald showed keeps under attack sooner. there just aren't enough active guilds to claim them and make spam messages a viable way to get info anymore. Would be fine with 2 people to claim as well. We ninja keeps with a bard and a NS, should be able to claim with that. Four is much better than 8 though.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jun 11, 2019 12:49

Cirath wrote:We broke your doors because its the only way to get Albs to come out and actually FIGHT. there were 6 of us at any given time. one bard, one ment, one druid 2 nightshades and a ranger to start. folks swapped in and out during, but never more than six. And you know what? It worked like it always does. 6-7 Albs came out to play. They mostly just sat at the doors but at least they were out for a bit. I saw a cleric, two minstrels, a thuerg, a sorc, a reaver, and a scout. pretty decent group. Don't know why they didn't push and make an effort to kill us one of the 100 times we pulled multiple purple guards. Regardless, we had fun and I assume they had fun. WAY more fun than taking empty keeps, but I guess Albs enjoy that.

Why take our keeps back so Albs can just farm them for rps after we're gone when we can actually fight Albs instead? Nobody in Hib wants DF, they want action. last night was a 10/10, Ill gladly knock down your relic doors again. You don't like it? come out and stop us.

By the way, it wasn't some dastardly "nightime" raid by honorless hibs. It was prime time NA time. You know, how like the EU Albs take all our keeps while we're at work during the day...

I like you Romu, you bring some action and that is a very good thing. I don't blame you for taking keeps with your zerg, go for it. Hib is going to do what it can. I was disappointed you didn't come for Ail after you took Bolg yesterday, there were 5 of us waiting for you....

How many people are playing during NA time?
And Cirath, are you done playing that other server?

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Jun 11, 2019 15:21

Sorry when I said 3 minute timer, I was referring to the Herald flames on keeps. Not the pad timer.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jun 15, 2019 02:29

There are a few on NA time, im on a couple nights a week now, pretty xasual. Im done with the other server. too much of a derp fest
. I always liked Uths settings better.

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Jun 20, 2019 04:10

kinthos wrote:Sorry when I said 3 minute timer, I was referring to the Herald flames on keeps. Not the pad timer.

Totally agree ! Grats on the Strength relics I watched the hibs take the last 2 and made 1 long shot. Was bored and had no intention of engaging a 7 man on a hunter :P

Malinus
Warder

Postby Malinus » Jun 21, 2019 10:17

For all those who think that the timer <keep on fire> is too long.

When proposing a patch idea, do you have a good idea for everyone? Or do you only see your perssonel advantage?

Deleting or reducing the timer will not help improve the game here. This will always benefit some, and disadvantage others.

Who will benefit? The populated Realm (easy to build), and the 7/8 L solos (ennough skill to def a keep)
Who will disavow, the depopulated Realm and the small team (4/5 man and no 50) that tries to rebuild itself.

And if I go to the end of my convictions, we must not help the strong and disadvantage the weak. In these difficult times or we lack players, we must allow small team to rebuild, if what you want is really find back a little more action.

We saw it in the pass, august 2018 when the Hib leaders left on the rival server, the other Realms had not let any chance to small team to rebuild, reach the 3L0 to have the minimum realm ability to compete => all players Hib leaved.

This winter Albion did not let any chance to Midgard, mainly the Slayer guild who constantly rebuild to try to come back. These was 30 new players since January, knowing that there was another server (easier more populate), 30 news players who still try the Uthgard adventure despite everything, fighting, persseverering to make their 50, templete them, but finaly 30 news players who leaved before the 3L0. 30 players who would still be active today if we had left a little time instead of taking them back at the least keep.
Imagine what Slayer suffered this winter, a group (8 man) with only 2 level 50 templated, and 6 level 40+ blue stuff. For a miserable gain (450 rps and much less for the lowest level), be forced to build 2 ram on each door (level 1) to take a keep (level1) to raise their team (because of a flag timer too much short), then switch realm, rebuild 2 ram on each gate (level 1) on another keep (level 1).
Yes! We had to avoid the INC, but can you claim PvP with a team Xper 1L0 versus Romu zerg or Ripbrosky team fixe 6L? Are you really playing DAOC to fight RR 1/2?

We already have the possibility without patch to fight against this timer flag, simply by upgrading the doors, and give you plenty of time to intervene when the flag is ignited. 2 week ago, while albion was taking Avartak, Finaly it's 5 man Hib winthout ram who taken the keep, only by killing Alb and use their ram. Why?Gates was level 4 and hibbie had time to come!
The flag timer is not a prob here!

Stop with stuipid idea who will help nobody to improve game!

Chia
Warder

Postby Chia » Jun 21, 2019 14:25

Timer is fine, upgrade doors or raise keep level if you want more time to get to a keep. The ORIGINAL TOPIC of this thread was some nonsense about letting players swap 50s so they didnt have to grind, which I also disagree with, keep on topic.

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics