Hello, is Uthgard still active ?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Raku
Myrmidon

Postby Raku » Oct 07, 2019 16:12

A good friend of mine used to say, that for him DAoC is the greatest game ever created because of the three very different realms & classes but yet he admitted the way that the "variety" of classes is regarded by the community, is one of the biggest issues of all time and probably a reason why other MMO's chose to implement class systems which don't differentiate too much.

We might not have a pac healer or a bard in Albion, (I'm Alb myself), but we got tons of other possible - very effictive - setups to RvR. I think it's more a sign of Albion not being capable of RvR'ing and the questionable attitude of moving the responbility to the other two realms, rather than thinking of what they can do on their own to kind of improve their situation. Since I haven't been playing Uthgard in a while I don't know nothing about the population in each realm, but ever since Uthgard 1 Albion had that issue of feeling badly treated by the GM's.

I remember back when Albion's Vengeance or Black Adders came up and had shown how well Albion can do. Yeah, I hate being NS'ed by a light eld, I hate being rupted by very good bard, but hibs & mids hate that we have a necro to easily make money, they hate our caster setups. Changing the balance won't make things better, but instead everything (could) eventually be worse.

IMO, Uthgard has to adress other issues.

Bistravoda
Myrmidon

Postby Bistravoda » Nov 17, 2019 17:32

Orihiime wrote:Hello, i'm quite an old player, played like 7 or 8 years ago, i had plenty of Characters, Alanya and some others, and wanted to know if Uthgard was still populated, is there still people that was playing before the rework ?

I might restart playing, thanks for any answers.

oh my lord, one of best SB ever played on this server.

hahahha im missing irc QQ about shoting you best entertainment. :gaga:

old days old days damt...
Sent from AMG using Crtical Shot

Bistravoda = Clean Water

Previous

Return to General Topics