Hello, is Uthgard still active ?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Oct 02, 2019 09:33

You guys remember that from the start of the server Mid dominated every aspect of the RVR game from start till when the population dropped off completely.

The last few months of decent population I noticed that the Albs weren't going out into FZ because every time we did we'd just be destroyed by Mids. They demoralized the entire server and then they jumped ship to greener pastures.

What little people were left on Uthgard and in Alb finally went out into the FZ because it was safe; and because we still had higher numbers of people available then Mid or Hib was because the population of those two realms left because the majority of Alb left and/or stopped going out into FZ to be farmed.

Blame your fellow Mid/Hib realm mates that bailed/left the server for destroying the server population.

Thank the Albs that are left playing for keeping the server "active"

And to anyone left on Hib that feels bad about being completely outnumbered you have 3 options
1.) quit playing
2.) join mid or alb
3.) stay on hib and keep complaining your outnumbered

Population is to low for 3 realms, this is a two realm server now.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Oct 02, 2019 13:45

Abydos wrote:Is it sad its not done? Sure. I'd love to play in it as much as you would I'm sure. But in the end its not going to make much of a difference. I can assure you the first thing people would do when they got on is complain that I make them take a horse from Domnann to Aalid Feie.

I can assure you it will make a huge difference having SI. Quests, quest items, better looking gear, new zones, new xp spots, etc, etc.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Oct 02, 2019 18:02

Alphaone wrote:
Grahmdal wrote:Yeah, cause "hanging out and waiting for people to quit" is a really awesome playstyle. :lol:

Much to Inq's (Spy's) post Bonz....you still here? Were you here too in 2012? 2013? Well guess what - we were. I purposely moved to Midgard during this down time to try and help where I could. Unfortunately Hib was also on life support and has seemingly collapsed when the last bastions of players who were invested also left (shout out to Skull, Bibi, Zugu, Cirath, etc...). What have Alb players done....anyone, anyone? Oh yah, keep taking. Wait - Keep taking. Oh wait, some more keep taking. You want to know why we don't care anymore - because you keep KEEP TAKING. I am not an ancient on Uth (a few still are here surprisingly), but I am an elder, and guess what - I know what would make this server better - people that appreciate and value each other, not castigate when truth is spoken. Alb players have enjoyed a SIGNIFICANT advantage over Mid and Hib both for 9+ months now, and yet all you and your alb brethren can do is whine that "why don't hibs come out and play". Well guess what - we did. A LOT. And you cried when we pummeled your relic keep. And you cried when we took Bold and made it unzergable by your mindless Romu zerg party (same with Hurb). We even made a nice mid/hib sandwich out of your zerg when you outnumbered us all 3 to 1 (tu Lhita and RD). But through all this, through all the ridiculous OP'd constant BS playstyle that alb continues to go for....the only response that you have to people who are actively trying to balance the server is....'what a cry baby, you suck, how can you just whine whine whine'. Why do you think people have lost interest? Been a long time since I last posted anything extensive since this thread, and will probably be a long time again (if ever again). But if Albs can't see why the imbalanced game play they have been proliferating since Phoenix launched and the effect it has had on the very very, VERY limited number of legitimate players left....then I don't know, maybe you all are just as derpy as Cirath always called you out as (despite my reservations to stereotype an entire population). Recognize the dynamic you are operating under, do something about it positively, and stop being the troll (unless of course you are actually the juvenile/pre-teen you appear to be by your posts).

LLU2.0,

Alpha

If I really was a juvenile troll, I'd post something like this:

Untitled2.jpg

I don't think Skull was being literal when he said to you, "Alpha, sit on the palintone." Elders outta know, don't sit in RvR zone.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Oct 02, 2019 21:55

Grahmdal wrote:[

Untitled2.jpg

I don't think Skull was being literal when he said to you, "Alpha, sit on the palintone." Elders outta know, don't sit in RvR zone.

Ahh, we now reached the point of discussion where it comes to tail comparative mode? I killed you ..so my opinion is right and yours don ´t my realm rank is higher blah. :roll:

In my opinion there is no right or wrong in this discussion, these are problems because of the very low population and playernumbers were things can ´t be balanced.

Example situation: Albion has some players on and there is the intention to keep them playing so brainalb is trying to offer some entertaniment, there are no enemies out, times of 8v8 group fights have passed by a long time ago, so albs try to get attention while attacking some keeps to show they are up "knock, knock anybody home? ..no reaction "knock, knock come out and play or we take your home by force!" ..No denfenders appear, albs getting bored so they take these keeps to get at least something to do and at least some minor rps...Albs and mids can ´t get enough ppl up to reraid or counter the alb numbers, so they give up and more of them stop playing. Albs have no reason to login anymore too, so they quit also... Story told.

You as the players, the last brave (or poor) souls left, can ´t be blamed no matter which realms you´re playing, this is a problem adressed to the staff. They need to reform, get some new, or reactived old members back to work , get some manpower for working at the necessary changes and things like SI that are needed to get back the attention of more players.

I ´m pretty certain Abydos and Genjiro would love to get these things up, but they can ´t do it alone. So as long staff is kinda dead, there is no need to argue or discuss rvr situations seriously at the moment in my opinion. Ofc you can continue, but what ´s the point? As said there is no right or wrong here, just different points of view due to the different sides (realms) but we probably all agree these problems come from too low population.

For me as an inactive player it ´s kinda sad what happend to Uthgard. I would like to play again, but honestly this phase of dispair and demise staffsided can ´t get me up for it.
I will consider rejoining if I see some new fire, motivation and progress from staff. Otherwise there are some better ways to waste my lifetime instead of playing on a dead uninspired server I guess.

Highdrone
Myrmidon

Postby Highdrone » Oct 02, 2019 22:04

Sorry to not stay Ontopic but i wanna say something to the leaders of the Hibernian Guild - Expedient Demise:

We need to pay rent, theres 17h left until Deadline...

Spymistress? Anybody?

Iam posting this here because i got no clue who is left and active there...

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Oct 03, 2019 06:37

"Only sees the numbers"

Seems a bit overly dramatic, given that he has been paying for Uthgard for many years now. Please don't forget I think we're all here because we love this game.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Oct 03, 2019 11:45

Highdrone wrote:Sorry to not stay Ontopic but i wanna say something to the leaders of the Hibernian Guild - Expedient Demise:

Spymistress? Anybody?

Ahh. Well If it's still there when I get back from work tonight, I will do that.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Oct 03, 2019 17:48

kinthos wrote:
Highdrone wrote:Sorry to not stay Ontopic but i wanna say something to the leaders of the Hibernian Guild - Expedient Demise:

Spymistress? Anybody?

Ahh. Well If it's still there when I get back from work tonight, I will do that.

Someone from the guild beat me to it. The guild house + guild village are all paid up.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Oct 03, 2019 21:37

Jerrian wrote:
Grahmdal wrote:[

Untitled2.jpg

Ahh, we now reached the point of discussion where it comes to tail comparative mode? I killed you ..so my opinion is right and yours don ´t my realm rank is higher blah. :roll:

In my opinion there is no right or wrong in this discussion, these are problems because of the very low population and playernumbers were things can ´t be balanced.

Example situation: Albion has some players on and there is the intention to keep them playing so brainalb is trying to offer some entertaniment, there are no enemies out, times of 8v8 group fights have passed by a long time ago, so albs try to get attention while attacking some keeps to show they are up "knock, knock anybody home? ..no reaction "knock, knock come out and play or we take your home by force!" ..No denfenders appear, albs getting bored so they take these keeps to get at least something to do and at least some minor rps...Albs and mids can ´t get enough ppl up to reraid or counter the alb numbers, so they give up and more of them stop playing. Albs have no reason to login anymore too, so they quit also... Story told.

You as the players, the last brave (or poor) souls left, can ´t be blamed no matter which realms you´re playing, this is a problem adressed to the staff. They need to reform, get some new, or reactived old members back to work , get some manpower for working at the necessary changes and things like SI that are needed to get back the attention of more players.

I ´m pretty certain Abydos and Genjiro would love to get these things up, but they can ´t do it alone. So as long staff is kinda dead, there is no need to argue or discuss rvr situations seriously at the moment in my opinion. Ofc you can continue, but what ´s the point? As said there is no right or wrong here, just different points of view due to the different sides (realms) but we probably all agree these problems come from too low population.

For me as an inactive player it ´s kinda sad what happend to Uthgard. I would like to play again, but honestly this phase of dispair and demise staffsided can ´t get me up for it.
I will consider rejoining if I see some new fire, motivation and progress from staff. Otherwise there are some better ways to waste my lifetime instead of playing on a dead uninspired server I guess.

if you feel like playling, honestly just don't pay any mind to anyone moaning on this thread about the low pop and come play, it's still fun to play and it's not nearly as dead as people make it to be.

It's not uth1 levels of population by any means but you still can find players to play with or against.

MARGHY
Warder

Postby MARGHY » Oct 04, 2019 12:47

Malach wrote:You guys remember that from the start of the server Mid dominated every aspect of the RVR game from start till when the population dropped off completely.

The last few months of decent population I noticed that the Albs weren't going out into FZ because every time we did we'd just be destroyed by Mids. They demoralized the entire server and then they jumped ship to greener pastures.

What little people were left on Uthgard and in Alb finally went out into the FZ because it was safe; and because we still had higher numbers of people available then Mid or Hib was because the population of those two realms left because the majority of Alb left and/or stopped going out into FZ to be farmed.

Blame your fellow Mid/Hib realm mates that bailed/left the server for destroying the server population.

And to anyone left on Hib that feels bad about being completely outnumbered you have 3 options
1.) quit playing
2.) join mid or alb

translation :

Since Uthgard 2.0 was released we were too busy zerging like mindless drones all the time under several tards (romu, splitquick, topenga, etc) to actually learn how to play so its basically anyones elses fault except us. we were taught to stick up, hit doors and receive rps, but the deplorable mids demoralised us by playing the game at a higher skill level, farming us with their silly rvr thing. if you dont like it you're a racist bigot and you never cared about uthgard, you antise...sorry, antialbionitic players. How dare you not feed us keep rps ? Never forget the alb sacrifices over 6 million alb zergs died trying to get keep rps.

- Greta Albionberg

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Oct 04, 2019 21:22

Sad to see this thread devolve in such a pointless egotistical moaning tbh.
Different people enjoy DAOC in different ways, it's ok. Besides quite frankly, if albs weren't so active (relatively speaking) it would be all the more dull so i think it's pretty counterproductive to blame them for playing however they please.
Disclaimer: i am not an alb.

Shhh.. no cries, only dreams... Just let people be.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Oct 05, 2019 23:23

MARGHY wrote:
Malach wrote:You guys remember that from the start of the server Mid dominated every aspect of the RVR game from start till when the population dropped off completely.

1.) quit playing
2.) join mid or alb

translation :

Since Uthgard 2.0 was released we were too busy zerging like mindless drones all the time under several tards (romu, splitquick, topenga, etc) to actually learn how to play so its basically anyones elses fault except us. we were taught to stick up, hit doors and receive rps, but the deplorable mids demoralised us by playing the game at a higher skill level, farming us with their silly rvr thing. if you dont like it you're a racist bigot and you never cared about uthgard, you antise...sorry, antialbionitic players. How dare you not feed us keep rps ? Never forget the alb sacrifices over 6 million alb zergs died trying to get keep rps.

- Greta Albionberg

You mock me, yes you don't deny what I said.

To make a decent alb group you need many more classes in that group then Midgard needs to make a viable mid group. Hence why it appears like we "zerg"

We were taking keeps back in the old days because we were trying to get access to DF which mid had (I'm guessing but also being conservative on my guess) at least 80% of the time for the first 2 years of the server. Albs needed to get in there to get geared up for end templates. We had to try to take keeps.

Perhaps maybe we didn't know how to RVR, but once mid rocketed over us in RR there was no way to recover from that. Hence you guys needed less people to dominate us lower RR albs.

I went through the uthgard statistic rankings, the first 400 players from highest RR down. Guess what the numbers look like....
out of the first 400
Alb = 100
Hib = 114
Mid = 186

Almost double...you joke/brag about destroying albs. completely true, we never stood a chance. Mid is the strongest realm at 1.65. They were strongest realm on uthgard 1.0 and on uthgard 2.0.

So...we got tired of it and quit...you guys destroy'd the server population. Good job.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Oct 05, 2019 23:43

And because of all that we have a server where Alb is dominate, Hib might as well not exist, Mid still pulls out higher RP's #'s every week on the stats page, and we all trade keeps back and forth.

Which is ok with me, since I'm Alb it feels good to be on top finally and not get insta killed after leaving CS or Snowdonia Fort by roaming Mid zerg that insta mezz everyone and kills all of us in 30 seconds.

Population decline was the best thing that ever happened to Alb Realm.

Highdrone
Myrmidon

Postby Highdrone » Oct 07, 2019 10:31

Guys,

i just wanted to tell you all how i love Virulents/Drastics attempt to hold Uthgard alive!

I mean, he is the hero who puts in his heart and blood to help all players to feel good on this server and to rise up the Pop-numbers.

You may ask yourself how he does it, so you can do the same and be an Uthgard-Hero too?

Well! Let me tell ya! Pretty simple!

He farms the Hibs/Mids lvling in the Fz!!!

Its a win-win Situation.
-> He gets RPs
-> The farmed ones can look up to this hero

O M G! Why didnt anybody think of that?!

#lovemyrant
#twothirds of his solokills are easykills ganking lvlers
#takethisseriousplease

Galandriel4
Myrmidon

Postby Galandriel4 » Oct 07, 2019 11:11

hahaha that was funny

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics