Ambient Soundtrack - How to extract?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Kirillow
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kirillow » Apr 18, 2019 13:26

Hello community,

not much time to play anymore, but sometimes when nostalgia hits again, I fire up some DAOC ambient playlist on Youtube and that's great for the most part.

However, do you know of any possibility to get the actual ambient "soundtrack" the way you hear it ingame? I think it's generated in some random manner from rather short tracks, I'd really like to listen to this without needing to boot up the game and visiting the zone of my choice.

Any of you know a trick or a tool or details on how the DAOC client generates its ambient music?
Maybe even some of the Mods/Devs? Blue? :wink:

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Apr 18, 2019 13:45

GameDir\sounds

you may be looking for "ambloop#" , they're the ambient music loop pieces.
combat and other music is in there too

Chia
Warder

Postby Chia » Apr 18, 2019 13:48

Maybe under the sounds folder? darkageofcamelot/sounds? Not sure if the ambient music is there or just effects, they are short tracks, some of the MY* ones sound like they could be the music.

Kirillow
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kirillow » Apr 18, 2019 14:31

The way I remember it (have to check again later) I could only find little snippets and pieces. Familiar sounding, don't get me wrong. But the way it's gernerated ingame is entirely different, it just keeps flowing. I'd like to have that :)

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Apr 18, 2019 21:39

do a little google translate on this: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17060
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Kirillow
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kirillow » Apr 19, 2019 09:21

Nice find, but extracting and naming them still wouldn't really resolve it, the tracks are only around 10-15s long.
I don't know how the client does it, mut it mixes all these tracks in a seamless and somewhat random manner? How could we emulate that?

Return to General Topics