New Changes

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Reskal22
Warder

Postby Reskal22 » Apr 02, 2019 03:12

Disclaimer: this is no advertisement and no try to troll, or to hurt anyones feelings in any way.

I saw today the new changes Uthgard team plans and have made already and many of them target giving more xp and more rp, trying to get ppl back.
Its fully understandable that you want to get back your playerbase but in terms of xp and easyness of daoc-gaming i think you cannot beat *anotherserver* anymore, because i think they reached the end of the ladder in this.
Your strength is what you have done already: keeping the old daoc up, with all its hard ways of earning xp, longer travel and that. You are the only shard that has this nearly 20 years old, origin experience.
I write this because i thought about going on playing my char on Utghard and i found if you make xp changes towards more easy gameplay i stay here, because all you do is removing the charm of the old daoc but you will not reach the high end of comfortable gameplay, or if so, you would be just a copy of *anotherserver*.
The only new thing you planned and was good was to add SI, to have a even bigger gameworld.

Better is, stay true to yourself, with all ups and downs, thats the only chance to build up a remarkable playerbase again.
With this in mind, it would be better to build back the xp-changes to a lvl daoc once was.

All in all gameplay will be hard then at times, but it will be the true daoc.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Apr 02, 2019 09:49

By "new changes", I assume you mean the changes done in Summer 2018? Sadly any other changes have been done silently without any news post. Some of these have been good but it's just the lack of communication thats gets me.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Chia
Warder

Postby Chia » Apr 03, 2019 15:02

I think they have done fine with the changes, not to overboard. Xp is so easy here now, plus multi-charge pots and little easier travel, anymore would be overboard imho. Now they just need to continue with bugs and implement SI. It would have been nice of them to add placeholders for the SI charge drops, but other than that any changes should just involve getting peeps in the frontier; like events or rvr tasks.

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » Apr 03, 2019 15:10

Placeholder for SI charge items?! Don't get too crazy...for alb they "fixed" the d/q charge from dragon is heart of north into an useless dmg charge

elninost0rm
Warder

Postby elninost0rm » Apr 03, 2019 15:54

What a bizarre post. 34 people online and that's okay to you, I guess? Fire up your own DOL clone and ride around on horseback for hours if that's your fetish. So strange.

Chia
Warder

Postby Chia » Apr 03, 2019 16:21

So the answer is turn this server into the pile of crap that other one is and magically they will all come back?

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Apr 03, 2019 17:41

Chia wrote:So the answer is turn this server into the pile of crap that other one is and magically they will all come back?

I always compare how Uthgard 2 has failed to another old game, Runescape. The mods of Runescape re-released the 2007 version of their game, as an exact replica of what it was in 2007. They continue to update, add items, quests, mini-games, and make QOL changes that don't have a major impact on the game. The one I come back to is "shift-dropping" and comparing it to charge potions on uthgard. It was never in the game for runescape, even until 2019 with the RS3 version of the game. They put it to a community poll, asking if the people would be in favor of shift-dropping vs the old method of needing to right click and select drop on each item. Uthgard knew what the community wanted (multiple charge potions), but ignored it. Runescape listened. I know they're entirely different games, but draw some parallels and you can see a significant difference in attitude towards the community. Obviously runescape is a paid game with a dedicated staff, but Uthgard had a large enough staff size that they could take the time to add things in. There are no respec stones in runescape, but there were specific exp methods that didn't exist in 2007 that they decided to add in anyways. These were not "needed", but added anyways because the community asked. We asked for respec stones when the dragon wasn't implemented. We were given the finger and basically told to respec at 40 or don't respec. The death of Uthgard is entirely the staff's doing. When you have a limited community size, you can't constantly spit in their face and act shocked when they go to a server with wet-wipes.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Apr 03, 2019 22:52

Funny enough, the decline of both servers in the same time frame just after release is almost identical: https://unixgeek.com/uthgard.html#alldata
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

carnalito
Gryphon Knight

Postby carnalito » Apr 05, 2019 13:32

Do i detect a small drop in numbers at *theotherserver* :) One can hope :P

carnalito
Gryphon Knight

Postby carnalito » May 13, 2019 12:08

carnalito wrote:Do i detect a small drop in numbers at *theotherserver* :) One can hope :P

"The other server" is very steadily loosing players. What this means for Uthgard is uncertain though :)

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » May 13, 2019 15:19

What it means for Uthgard that the other server is hemorrhaging is...nothing...they're leaving there and they aren't coming (back) here.

Until a substantial amount of changes happen. Then maybe the population will creak over 100.

The population over there is still hand and foot higher, the major RVR guilds arn't going to leave till it's at current Uthgard level.

Other server still has about 300+ at it's low point of day, much better then between 20 and 70 here.

Props Uth staff, this is a great quality server. Just needs adjustments/concessions to make it worth people's time to be here.

I bet this is probably a "no go" because of some sort of infringement thing but is it possible to have youtubers make a advertisement on a lets play channel to maybe get people interested and try it out? I have a sense that if this was advertised on a popular stream channel or youtube channel lets play that people would get curious.

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » May 13, 2019 15:55

Teleporters in realms and to Emain/Odins/Hadrian
Respecs not get wasted when lvlup
Easier Bossmobs
Chargeitems for all realms the same

Do this and people will come back
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Metallo
Myrmidon

Postby Metallo » May 19, 2019 18:36

you want player come back to the server??? need UTH 1.0

Return to General Topics