thaneel
Myrmidon

Postby thaneel » Apr 30, 2019 11:47

no we dont

erock25
Warder

Postby erock25 » May 01, 2019 03:08

thaneel wrote:no we dont

Lol by "we" do you mean the 30 people online?

thaneel
Myrmidon

Postby thaneel » May 01, 2019 17:44

erock25 wrote:

Lol by "we" do you mean the 30 people online?

Nah, actually it was just to point the fact that Metallo shouldn't speak as "we" when he speaks for him.

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » May 01, 2019 18:00

Valfar wrote:
Metallo wrote:we want uth 1.0

Snip

Yes I and many of us want Uth1 and our years of loyalty and hard work to not have been for nothing.. TWICE NOW!
If you're asking to start over for Uth3 with nothing behind the scenes changed then you're delusional like many others. Someone mentioned how this was one big social/behavioral experiment... I died when I read that. I've been saying that for some time now and hearing this from a random dude truly makes me believe it.
The truth can't be silenced. It speaks for itself. Many people see the reality of Uths history but staff chooses to ignore everything, censor everyone, and do what they want instead of what the populace that supports them have been after since the beginning.. a stable quality experience based around Uth1. Gen was this and more just like every other new freeshard will be. Since Uth1 it's been a snowball of disappointment and bleaching of content. By all means I'm super grateful for all the effort staff has done to these points, but as I said the truth always catches up... Gotta face some hard truths.
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
Uth1 - Ist Aid [Nomad Jarl]- 8L3 Kobby Shaman - 900+ REAL Solo Kills ~
Uth2 - Ist Aid [TEAM AMERICA]- 8L5 Kobby Shaman - 500+ REAL Solo Kills ~
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaetr/videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » May 01, 2019 19:19

« Makes it sense to start over again? »
was the original question of the topic...
Not here.
Too late.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YHF5OnzjB0
Last edited by Wakanidoo on May 02, 2019 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

Zetetic
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zetetic » May 02, 2019 01:30

I, me, myself, personally, do not care if there is a restart or not. I love DAoC, always have, always will. I like it at low levels, I like it at high levels, and everywhere in-between. I like PvE, I like crafting, I like RvRvR. I can play this solo or in a group. I don't need a cookie, I don't need a boost, I don't need anything except the most content-complete and bug-free possible server to play on with a dev team I can trust not to be abusive to me. I have everything I want already with Uthgard. I don't need anything else except more personal income and more health so I can donate more of both my time and money.

Carry on.

thaneel
Myrmidon

Postby thaneel » May 02, 2019 14:08

Zetetic wrote:I, me, myself, personally, do not care if there is a restart or not. I love DAoC, always have, always will. I like it at low levels, I like it at high levels, and everywhere in-between. I like PvE, I like crafting, I like RvRvR. I can play this solo or in a group. I don't need a cookie, I don't need a boost, I don't need anything except the most content-complete and bug-free possible server to play on with a dev team I can trust not to be abusive to me. I have everything I want already with Uthgard. I don't need anything else except more personal income and more health so I can donate more of both my time and money.

Carry on.

+1

RazorRamon
Gryphon Knight

Postby RazorRamon » May 03, 2019 15:11

God yes, bring back Uth 1. Let's get this server alive and breathing again. Nobody playing would ever have to worry about a competing server stealing away players again because Uth 1 was freeshard perfection.

Moondragon1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Moondragon1 » May 03, 2019 21:41

RazorRamon wrote:God yes, bring back Uth 1. Let's get this server alive and breathing again. Nobody playing would ever have to worry about a competing server stealing away players again because Uth 1 was freeshard perfection.

I typically agree with your comments, but I'm confused about which version of "Uth 1" (that's the official name now I guess) you thought was perfect. Would it be with Taj, barrels, and cross-country flights, or would it be after the removal of those things that staff says resulted in a big increase in population.

Personally, I wasn't a fan of Taj but I would take it for a more balanced RA abilities. But, if I want more balanced RA abilities, I could go elsewhere. I like multi-use potions, but if I want that, well.... How about fast travel, no, nevermind, it has that too. Uhhh, so basically, Uth 1 would be like somewhere else but with Taj instead of SI. Hmmm, SI or Taj, SI or Taj....yeah, I think SI > Taj.

So, not sure what you mean by "we wouldn't have to worry about a competing server stealing away players again" unless you think there are a lot of people who believe Taj > SI.

Personally, I think Uth 2 is in a pickle. Which is probably why there hasn't been much news.

RazorRamon
Gryphon Knight

Postby RazorRamon » May 03, 2019 23:26

Pre downpatch era of course. I also wasn't a fan of Taj but enough people did like it and that made for an engaging experience in terms of content, in short, it was something else for people to do and it helped give incentive for them to log in. More people logged in = greater chance of me finding someone to kill.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » May 04, 2019 11:48

RazorRamon wrote:Pre downpatch era of course. I also wasn't a fan of Taj but enough people did like it and that made for an engaging experience in terms of content, in short, it was something else for people to do and it helped give incentive for them to log in. More people logged in = greater chance of me finding someone to kill.

Aye, just 10 charge pots would be fine, Taj for people who want it and amen :D. Btw, I'm in touch with a lot of people and I can tell you with 100% certainty that many active RvR guilds and pugs + solo players are the biggest thing to gain from rebooting uth1 with old database. Most of these people either never bothered to reroll on various other servers and uth2, or they had made some characters but barely got to 50 or never have.

Uth1 population had its problems, but it also had hilarious rivalries, tons of super entertaining /broad chat with a few nutjobs on each realm, a very decent number of RvR educated players who know Phoenix is not daoc and who are aware how dumb old RAs+1.65 is. In other words, people who don't complain on forum how the system is rigged, how there is a rr11 group waiting in every bush and behind every door and that's why they're losing fights etc. Most of those guys took the game for what it is and had fun. And ye, some of them were "elitists"...big deal, there are people like that in any area of life, if that discourages someone from playing the game, then that person should be living in some bulletproof bubble anyway and is not cut out for DAOC anyway. We got a lot of commie SJW subhuman scum floating around, wanting some sort of Utopia where they will come and enjoy, instead of trying to invest some time and effort and be a part of a fun environment and help build it. Anyway, as it goes with humans and our nature, it's literally psychologically true that you should be very careful what you wish for. Nobody would enjoy a Utopia even if we had one, we'd create chaos just to make it entertaining.

Point being is, we'd have like 200-300 active RvR players. Naturally, not all of these would play all year long but there'd be enough people to have actual RvR and we can leave the genetic trash to whine on forum how the world is unfair, because we'd have enough action :D.
It is what it is.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » May 04, 2019 15:35

I loved Uth v1 too. For me, it was the best DAoC experience I'd ever had. I discovered it quite late sadly after taking a big break from live for several years. ToA really burnt me out.

Before valfar went off on his usual tedious rant - I was agreeing with the sentiment. However, you can't just snapshot back to Uthgard v1 - pre the stupid changes they made at the end (this was the Dev's attempt to make Uth v1 like the current Uth v2 with people still playing). Maybe you could "call up" all your Uth v1 buddies, but I doubt it would fill the server. Sadly It would likely just be a big fail too.

That said, the OP is calling to start over again too. That would achieve nothing. It wouldn't have the momentum the original release of Uth v2 had or the "other" server had either. I'd rather take Valfar's plan over that. Much as I dislike agreeing with bigots, even he can randomly arrive at the correct choice sometimes.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » May 04, 2019 16:41

Not to be pedantic, but the OP is/was just considering starting out again...like rolling a toon here.

I originally thought he/she was asking for a server restart too.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » May 04, 2019 20:51

well in that case - the answer really depends on what the devs/staff are planning to do. So actually hard to answer.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics