Playercouncil have any news for the player?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
djibouti
Myrmidon

Postby djibouti » Jan 04, 2019 18:45

SI would get me playing. The specter of being farmed in rvr less so.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Jan 04, 2019 22:19

Vkejai wrote:Add to the daunting task for new players to level up , get geared then go out and kill high RR players....

I had zero problems with this in 2011. and there were plenty of high RR set groups around and overall skill level was like 5x higher than on uthgard2, I hadn't played in almost 9 years and was a complete noob when I started. I've also met people along the way who started as late as mid or late 2012. and played daoc for the first time ever and they also had no problem competing within 6 months. It's just a bunch of excuses. RR does not equal skill and also plenty of people who have been playing for 15 years straight are some of the worst noobs I've seen. Not everyone is cut out for daoc, going out, dying, learning the hard way etc...and those people will quit eventually but before they quit they will whine on forum for weeks and come up with RR excuses and such. XP is super easy on uthgard2, even on uthgard1 it was easy if you knew how to do it, and here we have it literally 3-4x faster.

Daoc is not everyone's cup of tea and we can't change the nature of the game so people who don't want to put in the work and learn whine because of high realm ranks, those people will quit anyway and this game is definitely not their cup of tea. But again, anything is possible on uthg2 and staff is usually catering to the least loyal and least daoc loving crowd :).
It is what it is.

Previous

Return to General Topics