Are ppl happy?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Alladinsane
Guardian

Postby Alladinsane » Nov 16, 2018 12:46

The_Real_Blacksin wrote:
Zakoraya wrote:
The_Real_Blacksin wrote:If they did something for the solo population, the game would pop. Allow BB, 2 accts,Buff merchants and or SI where all 3 realm can get item buffs and make invigs 10-20 mins. That's were solo's could play and have fun. A buff like the other freeshard were 1 buff does blue tier buffs is nice.

But they don't give a shlt, so the server is shlt.

All these changes sound awful - Uthgard undoubtedly needs some changes, but I doubt anyone else wants those particular changes.

Also, let's keep the thread free of selfies :)

And there is 75 on we speak @ pst. You are 100% correct! :gaga:

How about keeping an open mind and try a few things out. It's still Dark Age after all. Like Trump said "What the hell you got to lose?"

I own and run a successful business and whilst Uthgard isn't a business you can definitely choose to look at it the same way. Unfortunately, change is needed in order for Uthgard to survive, perhaps the owners are discussing these changes perhaps not, who knows - A business needs to communicate with it's customers on a daily basis in order to keep people interested.. a business that doesn't communicate or listen to it's customers will unfortunately fail - and that, in my opinion is what is happening.

spamsurfer
Guardian

Postby spamsurfer » Nov 20, 2018 05:21

I know there are lots of cents and here's my two:

I liked the recent changes because the xp grind was oppressive. I think it's about right now.

If we're not going to allow 99% items to imbue at 37.5, I think the MP rate of LGMs should be raised significantly. Legendary Grand Master should mean something. No one wants to sit and craft 50 times on average to get 1 MP. There's nothing fun about it. It's hard enough already just to get to LGM.

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Nov 20, 2018 08:38

Alladinsane wrote:I own and run a successful business and whilst Uthgard isn't a business you can definitely choose to look at it the same way. Unfortunately, change is needed in order for Uthgard to survive, perhaps the owners are discussing these changes perhaps not, who knows - A business needs to communicate with it's customers on a daily basis in order to keep people interested.. a business that doesn't communicate or listen to it's customers will unfortunately fail - and that, in my opinion is what is happening.

I dont think they see Uthgard as a business in any way ^^
And if you listen to your customers you end up at live daoc or their franchise Phoenix.
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Nov 21, 2018 03:58

spamsurfer wrote:I know there are lots of cents and here's my two:

I liked the recent changes because the xp grind was oppressive. I think it's about right now.

If we're not going to allow 99% items to imbue at 37.5, I think the MP rate of LGMs should be raised significantly. Legendary Grand Master should mean something. No one wants to sit and craft 50 times on average to get 1 MP. There's nothing fun about it. It's hard enough already just to get to LGM.

There is no such thing as "LGM". It is simply "Lengendary". It does mean something - all players over 1000 skill in any trade have a 2% chance to craft a masterpiece on all items, rather than only gray items.

The chance to craft a masterpiece is 2%. Don't give up!

hereiamsendme
Warder

Postby hereiamsendme » Nov 21, 2018 08:51

bored.......

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Nov 21, 2018 10:28

don't know why you cry so much about MP chances, last week a guildie was making a full MP cloth set and got 4 of the pieces in the 1st hour
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Alladinsane
Guardian

Postby Alladinsane » Nov 21, 2018 18:51

Celteen wrote:
Alladinsane wrote:I own and run a successful business and whilst Uthgard isn't a business you can definitely choose to look at it the same way. Unfortunately, change is needed in order for Uthgard to survive, perhaps the owners are discussing these changes perhaps not, who knows - A business needs to communicate with it's customers on a daily basis in order to keep people interested.. a business that doesn't communicate or listen to it's customers will unfortunately fail - and that, in my opinion is what is happening.

I dont think they see Uthgard as a business in any way ^^
And if you listen to your customers you end up at live daoc or their franchise Phoenix.

Listening and doing are two very different things..

spamsurfer
Guardian

Postby spamsurfer » Dec 11, 2018 23:16

Ilerget wrote:don't know why you cry so much about MP chances, last week a guildie was making a full MP cloth set and got 4 of the pieces in the 1st hour

I think one post where I expressed my opinion isn't exactly crying. There's simply an opportunity cost. A player crafting is one less player out and about.

In theory your guildie "could" craft a full set in 6 tries, but on average it is going to take 300. That is a lot more difficult to do with chain.

I don't know how I feel about it now though; I think my opinion has evolved a bit. It does generate more incentive to try to create really efficient and/or unique templates. In any event, trolling people's honest input helps no one.

spamsurfer
Guardian

Postby spamsurfer » Dec 11, 2018 23:23

Abydos wrote:
spamsurfer wrote:I know there are lots of cents and here's my two:

There is no such thing as "LGM". It is simply "Lengendary". It does mean something - all players over 1000 skill in any trade have a 2% chance to craft a masterpiece on all items, rather than only gray items.

The chance to craft a masterpiece is 2%. Don't give up!

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Dec 12, 2018 09:41

spamsurfer wrote:I think one post where I expressed my opinion isn't exactly crying. There's simply an opportunity cost. A player crafting is one less player out and about.

In theory your guildie "could" craft a full set in 6 tries, but on average it is going to take 300. That is a lot more difficult to do with chain.

I don't know how I feel about it now though; I think my opinion has evolved a bit. It does generate more incentive to try to create really efficient and/or unique templates. In any event, trolling people's honest input helps no one.

I was not trolling you, only that the RNG of this server sometimes is very evil and you can have very bad luck for a too extended period of time
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

indio68
Warder

Postby indio68 » Dec 12, 2018 17:37

Alcan wrote:Any suggestions to get ppl play again?

For me release SI and more way to move faster across the world.

Alcan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Alcan » Dec 13, 2018 02:18

Sadly since they dont make any news Si wont happen soon! :( just a guess!

And since no news on hp for 3+ month nothing is gonna happen anytime soon even the stuff they said they where working on like campfires and such!

Cocktail
Guardian

Postby Cocktail » Dec 13, 2018 09:30

McnastyOG wrote:Please bring back old Uthgard!

bravo!!! best idea ever!!

solo, smal grp and 8er Slot ...merci merci

****** OFF ZERG ZERG ZERG !!!

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Dec 16, 2018 23:51

Cocktail wrote:
McnastyOG wrote:Please bring back old Uthgard!

bravo!!! best idea ever!!

solo, smal grp and 8er Slot ...merci merci

****** OFF ZERG ZERG ZERG !!!

It is what it is. All that needed to be said was said. Most people have no clue what they're talking about and most stick rigidly to their point of view in a religious fashion. Yes, uthgard1 did not only offer a much better setting but the population was way more RvR oriented and there was a real community. Uthgard2 population is keep takers mixed with horrible, horrible noobs who are unable to accept any constructive criticism or even friendly advice and on top of that we have Genesis people + many other groups of players I won't even comment on.

In conclusion, people got exactly what they deserved and GMs missed the boat for the 1000th time in their Uthgard career. Can't be helped, damage has been done and in order to fix anything one must first be awake and these people are asleep. Even if this server gets new RAs and later patch level like on uth1, population is still a bunch of nimrods for the most part. My advice to you is that you try to have as much fun here as you can. Might as well roll with the punches.
It is what it is.

hereiamsendme
Warder

Postby hereiamsendme » Dec 17, 2018 14:23

going froward.. going nowhere

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics