Question about the player council

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Galandriel4
Myrmidon

Postby Galandriel4 » Sep 25, 2018 22:23

Tohu wrote:I managed to level up AT characters, or hybrids without stoicism, going through all the insults, the pressure, all these people whispering out of the blue why I should delete because this or that wasn't their taste and they were frustrated someone may achieve what they could not.

rl will hit you hard one day

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Sep 25, 2018 22:26

@ Tohu
Dunno if you are a troll or for real, anyway I just smell toxic and provocation in all of your posts.

if you don ´t like to play here anymore, don´t do it. If you love Uthgard stay here and give it a try, it ´s your choice. But asking questions and saying at the end you don ´t come back anyway in the same context is a bit odd.

I for myself like the new concept and fixes as it is more like the old spirit of Uthgard, but tastes are different I guess.

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Sep 26, 2018 09:25

Even though I believe we need every player we can get, I rather have some of those back that believed autotrain was stupid. :lol:
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Sep 26, 2018 09:28

The change is good and positive one. I don't see what the fuss is about (and I AT-d fully for for my ns + ranger).
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Sep 26, 2018 12:23

I don't get why we had to hear all the crybabies asking for easymode for months and now the ppl that is against all that changes can't complain about them.
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Sep 26, 2018 16:12

Ilerget wrote:I don't get why we had to hear all the crybabies asking for easymode for months and now the ppl that is against all that changes can't complain about them.

You reminded me - kind of.... I got a full respec stone for my original AT efforts. So I was happy!
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Jeffski
Warder

Postby Jeffski » Sep 27, 2018 18:57

Tohu, I think your premise is wrong.

The fact that thousands of players have not returned to Uth is not evidence that the changes were not needed. The problem is that the changes came too late to deter most folks from leaving. Switching games (especially a game like DAOC, which is a very long term commitment) takes time. Time to find a new guild, convince friends to switch with you, join a community. Once people were finally frustrated enough to go through it, they're not going to magically come back overnight. I wish Uth had made many of these changes sooner to prevent folks from leaving, but that ship has sailed.

I do feel like a massive upgrade, like the addition of SI, will be enough of a boon to bring many back. And the changes that have been made (removing AT, EXP gains) will be what it takes to encourage people stay longer this time.

I, for one, am very thankful for the changes and look forward to SI.

Zetetic
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zetetic » Sep 27, 2018 19:42

Ilerget wrote:I don't get why we had to hear all the crybabies asking for easymode for months and now the ppl that is against all that changes can't complain about them.

This posts wins the thread.

djibouti
Myrmidon

Postby djibouti » Sep 27, 2018 20:32

Complain all you want. Nobody cares.

I think most people here are just a little stunned that someone wants to quit over the autotraining mechanic.

RazorRamon
Gryphon Knight

Postby RazorRamon » Sep 27, 2018 20:40

Jeffski was fairly spot on the changes needed to come before everyone left, not after the fact, hence the post after post of suggestions, inquiring about upcoming changes and yes even the many 'I told you so' threads.

The changes we see now we either had in place or were compensated with custom content (tajendi for example) on Uth 1.0. the result was a growing population over the course of years ...right up until a strict 1.65 was decided upon and brought that gravy train crashing down. I've been an RvR regular on Uth 1.0 and a majority portion on Uth 2.0 and I never saw any of the people out on the battlefield that claim to like it 'the hard way' ...so there's that. Getting people to come back is going to take time, possibly years. Uth 2.0 left a salty taste in a lot of mouths, rebuilding that trust won't come with a QoL bone thrown here and there.

Previous

Return to General Topics