Is it worth comming back?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Dwanex09
Warder

Postby Dwanex09 » Sep 24, 2018 16:33

Hey,

so after the big launch of Uthgard 2 i stoped playing realy fast after I managed to get 2 toons to lvl 50 somehow. Even with groups for XP all the time it was just a mess and RvR was kinda... meh!? Midgard seemed to be the absolut dominiating realm.

Sadly the live server isnt DaoC anymore for me. Thats why im thinking about giving this server another try. But how is it going atm? Every time I looked on the Homepage the playerbase seems to be super low. Around 200-300 ppl.

If i give it a try I would start all over in Hib. Are there still ppl who are leveling? Is RvR kinda dead until EU PT (oh im from EU btw) and what else am I missing? I was reading about faster leveling on the Mainpage, which sounds nice for me.

Ty

Nauglamir
Warder

Postby Nauglamir » Sep 24, 2018 16:41

I personally enjoy it when I log in and have a good time. Do the same, show up in rvr zones - and we'r golden :-p

Latrommisumac
Warder

Postby Latrommisumac » Sep 24, 2018 18:45

The_Real_Blacksin wrote:If your in a guild and like to run Full Groups, Yes. You get Buffs and end. 20%

If your solo or run small man's, NO! 80% There's another server for that.

Why Uthgard fails. And they will never get it sadly. :cry:

Other server blows, tried it and it was the buggiest ****** ever. Sure they have a better pop atm, but a guarantee wipe + crap stability makes it pretty horrible atm.

Don't know why everyone promoting the other server is still hanging around here ****** and crying... probably because people are leaving and they're desperate to recruit more. That's just my 2 cents, by all means and try it out yourself.

Vkejai
Myrmidon

Postby Vkejai » Sep 24, 2018 19:58

If you got tons already set and levelled I would say yes.

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » Sep 24, 2018 22:43

look...
uthgard is slow...the staff is stubborn....the population is quite low..... so thats quite some cons right there.

BUT!
uthgard is stable. making a toon on uth has more weight so to speak than making one on live or any other freeshard right now. and this will. not. change. its a safe investment.

uthgard is classic. staff added some VERY crucial qol features, making gameplay much, much more enjoyable now while not overshooting their goal and doing a very good job at keeping the classic feeling alive. its a tad hard to describe but i believe you get my point. many, many other servers out there (that other one included) kinda implement "all the qol" and try too hard to please everyone - sacrificing the true classic feeling in the process. i mean daoc without a horse ride here n there? cmon.

uthgard is clean. bugwise. while theres always "something" thats not working completely as intended, the community and staff do an extremely good job at spotting issues and getting them fixed in a very reasonable amount of time.

uthgard is fair. cheaters, abusers, etc get hammered here. simple as that. if you mess up, you cant buy your way out.

i could go on....but all i wanna say is: id be glad if you could help fixing the pop issue by joining us and at least give uth another shot. theres much to gain and little to lose - chances are very slim ull regret it.

hereiamsendme
Warder

Postby hereiamsendme » Sep 25, 2018 00:25

what is worth your time? what would bring you back?

Alcan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Alcan » Sep 25, 2018 18:40

First time i hear you say its bugfree Hazel even when powning you temped run away skald in bg!

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » Sep 25, 2018 19:44

Alcan wrote:First time i hear you say its bugfree Hazel even when powning you temped run away skald in bg!

uth IS very very low on bugs compared to all other freeshards ive played on in all those years.
also: you must be mistaken. i dont play skald. and i havent been to a bg in quite some time.

Dwanex09
Warder

Postby Dwanex09 » Sep 25, 2018 20:07

First of all thanks for the answers. I guess you guys are right. I'll just give it a try the next days when I got more time :)

Most likely I will restart in Hib with a Valewalker (I know not the most wanted class but i love the VW so much since SI release).

Lets see if there are some groups out there sometimes to lvl up :)

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » Sep 25, 2018 20:29

Dwanex09 wrote:First of all thanks for the answers. I guess you guys are right. I'll just give it a try the next days when I got more time :)

Most likely I will restart in Hib with a Valewalker (I know not the most wanted class but i love the VW so much since SI release).

Lets see if there are some groups out there sometimes to lvl up :)

noice. its a wise idea going for a class you really enjoy.
i wish you a pleasant lvling experience.

cya in the frontiers.

Sarnir
Warder

Postby Sarnir » Sep 25, 2018 21:42

Dwanex09 wrote:Hey,

Midgard seemed to be the absolut dominiating realm.

If i give it a try I would start all over in Hib.

Ty

Mids are still a pest ... df and all relics 90% of the time. But you can xp in hib at certain times relatively good.

mikkyo
Warder

Postby mikkyo » Sep 29, 2018 11:12

Last edited by mikkyo on Oct 07, 2018 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

plantydoras
Warder

Postby plantydoras » Sep 29, 2018 13:02

I'm on Hib and Uthgard since a month, i am 49.5 for the moment, lots of fun while xping in group, or in bg area, lots of nice people help me at beginning too, no problems for the moment :oops:

Stenni
Guardian

Postby Stenni » Oct 10, 2018 07:04

I play hib. I log in and it 17 hibs of 74 ppl on line

Return to General Topics