If You had 1 wish for Uthgard what would it be.

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Mar 14, 2019 19:08

Roxxor wrote:Make events, 300% rp xp craftspeed and 200 % dropchance
Horses in pve
Si
Porter
Bindstone in pocket

@Genjiro: löse die Handbremse und finger mexico und so

Meaningless short term fix to attract the worst kind of players, epic. Old game, other server out, people got other things to do in life. Stop throwing fits because server is not populated, it's ebb and flow and at some point things will even out. We can't react like panicking girls every time population drops and expect this server to be populated all year long. Whenever competition is out, people will jump on it, even if it's complete garbage. People chase "action" and "population" like they're some magical dragons or something, not realizing they are the population. Every single server will fail unless and until people make a stand, commit to learning to play 1-2 classes and get better at it through the learning process. Same people who now jumped to the "other" server cried about everything on uth1, genesis and on uth2...and they're enough mentally ill to think they'll do better there.

With all its flaws, uthgard is a fine server for rvr but people don't want to rvr, that's the problem. They've been using the same excuses for years, it is what it is. Do I think uth2 is inferior to uth1...yes. Do I think things could be better and that the setting could be better designed to make more different classes viable in all kinds of rvr even on low rr...yes. That being said, uthgard is a fine server for rvr and if people wanted to, they could do it.

XP is insanely fast compared to uth1 and if people don't know how to exp in a game this old or if their ego is too big to try to ask around for some tricks or even post on forum and ask for advice, that's their problem. They all act like they really really want to rvr, but xp is slow etc...meanwhile, 70% of them don't even know how to buff properly or play one class on an average level, yet they get offended when you try to offer some advice in a friendly manner. Then because other people invested time to play and got some realm ranks, these idiots react emotionally and cry on forum, demanding all sorts of changes. I have zero problems with someone being a better player than me in any game, I play the game and I to get better than I was yesterday, that's all. People who want goverments/presidents/religious leaders/whatever to create an ideal environment for them are delusional and are giving up their own freedom while at the same time not understanding that any real change in the world(which certainly applies to this server as well) can only come from a large enough number of individuals who make a conscious choice to contribute and build something. Anyway, it's a psychological truth that people would not enjoy an ideal environment even if they had one because without some sort of struggle it would be too boring and they'd create chaos.

After organizing more raids than anyone ever on uth1+uth2(real raids, no zerg ****** and I don't take anything for myself)and after giving out countless free templates, items and so on, I still feel like I owe uthgard staff way more than they owe me. I've had lots of fun here, met some glorious people along the way and even from whiners and sissies I got a huge insight into human psychology, whether it was something new I learned from them or just gotten a confirmation for my original assumptions.

I love daoc but even if server is empty for a whole year, I literally don't care...there are other things in life. I can't understand why individuals constantly cry about everything, and 95% of them never stuck to anything while server was populated. It's not as though they've tried to organize anything or did RvR(other than zerg keep taking, and even for that they needed someone else to build the BG).

So yeah, people are playing on a server that's trying to emulate an old school rpg, so you would think they would be in for a bit of a grind, but that's not the case. First sentence they type is usually how they started back in 2002. bla bla bla bla, meanwhile they literally couldn't play one class semi properly even if their or their family's life depended on it, and they get super offended by any suggestion, no matter how friendly it is. Also, if any other player or a group of players are able to self-organize and actually make something happen, these people blame the "rigged system". If this is not mental illness, I don't know what is :D.

I have zero problems with someone playing more or being a better player, therefore losing less fights and being higher realm rank, good for them. I'll lose some fights, I'll win some fights...but I'll take my losses like a man and I won't whine to Mr. Blue to make it so the kid that finishes 18th is the 18th winner and gets a trophy. Uthgard1 had some elitists with whom I didn't agree on most things, but at the very least they came out to fight and didn't whine all the time. If Uthgard for any reason ultimately fails, I'll still be happy I've met great people here and for all the fun times and go down with the ship. Big deal, life goes on :).
Working as intended. It's done when it's done. It's a feature, not a bug. Have no fear kiddies, our think tank in the player council will make Uthgard great again - these men have a 4D Matrix like view of reality, they understand how the universe works and are well known across the globe for finding solutions to problems like massive disease epidemics and starvation and they're currently working on a project to achieve world peace in a matter of months. Again, have no fear, once the world peace is established, these decorated individuals will fix any issues that are currently being discussed in the Council and restore law and order to Uthgard!

zarniwoop
Guardian

Postby zarniwoop » Mar 14, 2019 19:28

I would wish that there were people playing it.

Heartbroken.

I loved this server back in the day. Work and family took me away for a time. Now I'm back to play and I find that its essentially a graveyard. I don't want to play on the other server, but there's no one playing here and leveling alone in this game is truly awful.

If anyone is planning to roll a new character and play him from scratch let me know.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Mar 16, 2019 15:19

Instead of adding New RA's

Leave old RA system as is except the class specific RA's.

Remove all class RA's, most are useless, few are very over powered. You can fix a lot of stuff just by removing certain things instead of adding.

Less is more sometimes.

gate
Warder

Postby gate » Mar 17, 2019 19:43

I wish the devs had listened to the quality of life and other suggestions way back when this server relaunched and had a population. This is what happens when people want something, it gets ignored, and someone else steps in to give people what they want.

Too little too late.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Mar 17, 2019 23:37

gate wrote:I wish the devs had listened to the quality of life and other suggestions way back when this server relaunched and had a population. This is what happens when people want something, it gets ignored, and someone else steps in to give people what they want.

Too little too late.

Too many people want something, they don't argument it properly and most of them never ever organized anything, have little to none real RvR experience and they react emotionally when anything they do doesn't go the way they wanted it and at the same time they blame anyone who did put the work and the time in for "abusing bugs" or what not. Current free shard community is garbage, uth1 at least had 10+ active RvR non-whining guilds and a bunch of pugs and solos, here everyone thinks they want to RvR but they basically log after one wipe and cry for QoL...god forbid they ask around or try to learn something, would be too big of a blow for their noob ego.

I do absolutely agree with you that some suggestions were very reasonable, but I seriously don't blame the staff because after 10+ years of dealing with whiners on the forum they lost the ability to filter reasonable suggestions from unreasonable ones. Most of the people who cried like whores for uth1 to be wiped so they wouldn't lose to "high RR groups" failed miserably on uth2. You're either cut out for this game or you're not, it is what it is. Sure, maybe you, me and some others would be happy with minimum QoL but for most people it's literally never enough.
Working as intended. It's done when it's done. It's a feature, not a bug. Have no fear kiddies, our think tank in the player council will make Uthgard great again - these men have a 4D Matrix like view of reality, they understand how the universe works and are well known across the globe for finding solutions to problems like massive disease epidemics and starvation and they're currently working on a project to achieve world peace in a matter of months. Again, have no fear, once the world peace is established, these decorated individuals will fix any issues that are currently being discussed in the Council and restore law and order to Uthgard!

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Mar 18, 2019 08:52

Valfar wrote:Too many people want something, they don't argument it properly and most of them never ever organized anything, have little to none real RvR experience and they react emotionally when anything they do doesn't go the way they wanted it and at the same time they blame anyone who did put the work and the time in for "abusing bugs" or what not. Current free shard community is garbage, uth1 at least had 10+ active RvR non-whining guilds and a bunch of pugs and solos, here everyone thinks they want to RvR but they basically log after one wipe and cry for QoL...god forbid they ask around or try to learn something, would be too big of a blow for their noob ego.

I do absolutely agree with you that some suggestions were very reasonable, but I seriously don't blame the staff because after 10+ years of dealing with whiners on the forum they lost the ability to filter reasonable suggestions from unreasonable ones. Most of the people who cried like whores for uth1 to be wiped so they wouldn't lose to "high RR groups" failed miserably on uth2. You're either cut out for this game or you're not, it is what it is. Sure, maybe you, me and some others would be happy with minimum QoL but for most people it's literally never enough.

Agree, there were as many suggestions as people posting on the forums.

Raise xp? Sure, but how much and how and where and even when?
That is one of more than a hundred suggestions, and people posted the above suggestion in 50 different forms.

Suggestions ranging from (in my opinion) idiotic to (in my opinion) very sane. But that's the problem, we all have different opinions on what is sane and idiotic!

The only thing that was ever clear was that they had to do something, but it has never been clear what that something was.
I might complain and I don't play anymore, but I never forget the impact Uthgard had on me reminiscing DaoC and how much work the staff put in to it.
It remains a masterpiece, but stuck in time.

Grahmdal
Myrmidon

Postby Grahmdal » Mar 18, 2019 16:35

Uthgard is steadily creeping back up...better than losing 22% population over the last fortnight :-)

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Mar 19, 2019 10:02

Grahmdal wrote:Uthgard is steadily creeping back up...better than losing 22% population over the last fortnight :-)

Growing slowly is certainly better than losing population quickly! However, most of those taking a break from the other server are doing just that, very few have moved back to Uthgard. Why? Well, most of them never played on Uth2.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Mar 20, 2019 01:06

Spivo wrote:The only thing that was ever clear was that they had to do something, but it has never been clear what that something was.

Nah I made it absolutely clear what the one right thing was they had to do.

They had to create a survey and poll active and inactive players about core-issues brought up by the community time and again, and then be willing to react on the results in a decisive manner.

Implementing such QOL and other changes along with a playable (albeit not perfect SI) and a huge release announcement with countdown would actually have won back considerable amounts of players even when the server was below 600 already.
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Grahmdal
Myrmidon

Postby Grahmdal » Mar 20, 2019 03:16

Tree wrote:
Spivo wrote:The only thing that was ever clear was that they had to do something, but it has never been clear what that something was.

Nah I made it absolutely clear what the one right thing was they had to do...

Is life with narcissistic personality disorder hard?

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Mar 20, 2019 08:44

Grahmdal wrote:
Tree wrote:

Nah I made it absolutely clear what the one right thing was they had to do...

Is life with narcissistic personality disorder hard?

Ah come on Grahmi, impressive you learned some new words getting older, though your butt is still sitting in a sandbox throwing dirt at passers-by.
If you could reasonably argue against this course of action, you wouldnt have to be so cheap :wink:
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Mar 20, 2019 15:52

Tree wrote:

Nah I made it absolutely clear what the one right thing was they had to do.

They had to create a survey and poll active and inactive players about core-issues brought up by the community time and again, and then be willing to react on the results in a decisive manner.

Implementing such QOL and other changes along with a playable (albeit not perfect SI) and a huge release announcement with countdown would actually have won back considerable amounts of players even when the server was below 600 already.

It's a disaster they didn't spot your suggestion amongst the 300+ other suggestions posts.
I might complain and I don't play anymore, but I never forget the impact Uthgard had on me reminiscing DaoC and how much work the staff put in to it.
It remains a masterpiece, but stuck in time.

RazorRamon
Gryphon Knight

Postby RazorRamon » Mar 21, 2019 03:01

That was basically the point though. Most agreed something needed to be done and nothing got done. While you all argued about how much should be done the server bled since it's relaunch. Many brought up the risks of doing nothing vs. upsetting a minority of die-hards and here the population lies now.... and nice attempt to discredit Tree. He's one of the few people that posted suggestions over time that were both well thought out and more or less inline with the patch setting.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Mar 30, 2019 22:46

An organized loot system that went down the group (1 item to 1 person) instead of the random unfair loot system that is in game. It's ridiculous.

Group member 1 - 1 item
Group member 2 - 1 item
Group member 3 - 1 item
Group member 4 - 1 item
Group member 5 - 1 item
Group member 6 - 1 item
Group memeber 7 - 1 item
Group memeber 8 - 1 item
Repeat

One item for each person down the group list so its equal loot and fair instead of the 3 or 4 people getting all the loot for the entire group like it is currently.

Skurk
Warder

Postby Skurk » Mar 31, 2019 17:46

Malach wrote:An organized loot system that went down the group (1 item to 1 person) instead of the random unfair loot system that is in game. It's ridiculous.

Group member 1 - 1 item
Group member 2 - 1 item
Group member 3 - 1 item
Group member 4 - 1 item
Group member 5 - 1 item
Group member 6 - 1 item
Group memeber 7 - 1 item
Group memeber 8 - 1 item
Repeat

One item for each person down the group list so its equal loot and fair instead of the 3 or 4 people getting all the loot for the entire group like it is currently.

if your not happy with how the loot system works, simply create a Battlegroup and make a treasurer, after the grp is done simply distribute the loot equally. problem fixed.

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics