Giv chep respec stones

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
burglekutt
Gryphon Knight

Postby burglekutt » Sep 02, 2018 22:27

Nobody kills the dragon, so all the respecs are 1.5 plat or more, I can't afford that! Plez make it so respecs aren't so expensive. I have around 15 gold at level 47. We need a quest that allows a single or full line respec.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Sep 02, 2018 23:15

burglekutt wrote:Nobody kills the dragon, so all the respecs are 1.5 plat or more, I can't afford that! Plez make it so respecs aren't so expensive. I have around 15 gold at level 47. We need a quest that allows a single or full line respec.

I wholeheartedly agree. I have only 1p on lvl 50...I should be getting a full template and unlimited respecs for free. Pls, vote this man for president.
It is what it is.

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Sep 02, 2018 23:48

Weird, I had enough for a house in my low 40s.

I think what would be cool would be a dual spec option. This way you can have a PVE spec and a PVP spec (or 2 different RVR specs). Then you just need to visit your trainer to change specs. WoW did this and it was great. The bars would change depending on which spec you were. This would decrease the value of stones by a little bit, along with making it easier for RVR toons to help out in PVE.

Sarnir
Warder

Postby Sarnir » Sep 03, 2018 00:52

1,5P isn't that much ...

Gnome
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Gnome » Sep 03, 2018 01:02

Meanwhile as Gjalpinulva sits in Malmohus . . .

burglekutt
Gryphon Knight

Postby burglekutt » Sep 03, 2018 03:09

When is the last time anyone has seen any sort of discussion of a dragon raid? It's like the devs want to taunt us knowing we can't even get enough people together to go do a raid. And to the guy who said 1.5p isn't that much, it's not if you are able to salvage and have a farming char but my craft is low. So on a server with barely anyone playing does it make more sense for them to make a respec easier to get or should I have to go farm for a week just to respec not even saving up for ability to get a template instead of being able going to go the battlegrounds to fight enemies of the realm... rvr. Respeccing shouldn't be such a big deal, it's obvious you guys are still out of touch as to why people don't want to play here anymore. Things like this keep the server dead, you guys need to make getting to rvr the only focus for this server. Drop all these bs timesinks nobody cares about the dragon obviously.

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Sep 03, 2018 05:02

Hib is the least populated and people still run dragon. It is nice that there is some use for PVE like dragon, some people enjoy it. I do look back in enjoyment at some dragon, DF and legion raids. Although they are more boring to me now.

I agree that more QoL improvements are needed. Uthgard is vegetables and the other server is candy. That server came along and gave a bunch of kids candy and now many realize (if they didn't already) that eating vegetables sucks and can't go back to eating kale salads for every meal. Some more improvements would be nice, we've gone from eating kale salads to regular salads.

Even if we do get more improvements, people (myself included) may still prefer to live in candyland. I'm interested to see how it all plays out.

Galandriel4
Myrmidon

Postby Galandriel4 » Sep 03, 2018 10:27

burglekott should be leader of uthgard

burglekutt
Gryphon Knight

Postby burglekutt » Sep 03, 2018 10:55

Lol thanks

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Sep 03, 2018 11:07

I think they are trolling you.

I do however agree respecs should be more accessible. Who would this upset possibly? The few sets of people that are able to form up and farm the dragon. Could offer to drop more of the unique Dragon drops and less respecs instead? Or keep the same and accept they are available in other (more accessible) places.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Runental
Phoenix Knight

Postby Runental » Sep 03, 2018 12:26

Announce a Dragon raid ingame or here in the forum. If your not sure about tactics, ask people who have done the dragon.
Imo even with low pop its possible to gather enough peeps, but ofc it needs some preparation.

/Runen
ONE a Shaman solo Video
TWO a Shaman solo Video

Nauglamir
Warder

Postby Nauglamir » Sep 03, 2018 12:34

I think he is trolling, can't be real ...

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Sep 03, 2018 12:35

kinthos wrote:I think they are trolling you.

I do however agree respecs should be more accessible. Who would this upset possibly? The few sets of people that are able to form up and farm the dragon. Could offer to drop more of the unique Dragon drops and less respecs instead? Or keep the same and accept they are available in other (more accessible) places.

Nonsense. I started the game in 2011. after a 9 year break, everyone was already rich and even then stones were 1.5p. I asked around and some guy offered to buy all my salvage off and he got a 15% cut of the money. I took the game for what it is and accepted the rules, I made my best to fit in, ask questions and in less than 2 years I've lead 800 or so dragon raids on various characters. Wasn't a problem, and it's easier now because you get more salvage than before. Out of all the things we need and out of all the real imbalances, people cry because they're not getting stuff for free in a 17 year old game. I'm terribly sorry, but if you're almost lvl 50 and you don't have a few plats...you're doing something wrong. Plenty of people are willing to help you out if you ask nicely.

People are whining on forum about all sorts of things, no wonder staff can't focus on real problems and bug fixes when people's demands literally come down to:

- life is not fair
- it should all be easy
- things are not going my way so everyone else must have cheated and got their realm ranks, money and gear over night
- I want free respecs and in order to ding 50 I just wanna solo and do quests bla bla bla
- everything should be public, people should invite me to everything and even though they're putting in the work to test things, self-organize and learn through trial and error, I think it's all a conspiracy and it's unfair to me

Wtf, we play classic or the closest to classic daoc because it's old school and it requires some grind and everything is not instantly given to you. Look, I may disagree with a lot of people and sometimes it comes down to insults. It is what it is, but generally speaking if I see someone who has a 50 or a few 50s and is at least realm rank 5 complaining about something, I'll read it and think about it. That's not the case, we literally have a bunch of whiners who either don't even have a 50 or have a 50 but they suck in this game even though they brag how they've been playing it for 16-17 years straight with totally unrealistic requests that have nothing to do with leveling the playing field, but making uthgard a special ed class. Bunch of spoiled brats with million requests, not even realizing how the world would look like if everyone just had requests.

God, what an ungodly monster has Blue created in uthgard2 by wiping uthgard1, the amount of whining sissies on this server which fall straight into the modern SJW commie mentality is almost overwhelming. On one hand, I don't want these people around. On the other, I'm only sticking around because my friends play here and we can play another game, so I almost want the server to be overpopulated by these whiners so the game becomes nothing similar to classic daoc or even daoc when the staff crumbles under their endless requests. Generally speaking, I respect other people's hard work but when it comes to uthgard staff, a mean part of me almost wants for it all to go to waste.

It is what it is, let's focus on the bigger problems and not whine about stones. If you're not capable of organizing a simple raid in a game this old, don't whine.
It is what it is.

burglekutt
Gryphon Knight

Postby burglekutt » Sep 03, 2018 14:02

Yeah we get it you are like a 70 year old grumpy dude who plays the game for pve and wasting your life with time sinks.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Sep 03, 2018 14:10

burglekutt wrote:Yeah we get it you are like a 70 year old grumpy dude who plays the game for pve and wasting your life with time sinks.

There are instant options around, why do you stay on uthgard? If everything becomes instant, most people will lose the motivation to play because if you don't have a feeling you've earned something, it becomes super boring. I've been around longer on these servers and I'm talking from experience so either adapt to the environment or go to "the other" server and enjoy instant xp/rps/items.
It is what it is.

Next

Return to General Topics