More changes soon?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Sep 06, 2018 09:03

Stasis wrote:
Tree wrote:Out of curiosity, the alchemy potions with drop ingredients, did they receive draughts too? My alchemist is around 800, so I was wondering if it was finally useful to push the skill higher up? :lol:

yes! :)

At what skill level do they start and how many special ingredients do you need for a 9er draught?
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Sep 06, 2018 11:02

Tree wrote:
Stasis wrote:
Tree wrote:Out of curiosity, the alchemy potions with drop ingredients, did they receive draughts too? My alchemist is around 800, so I was wondering if it was finally useful to push the skill higher up? :lol:

yes! :)

At what skill level do they start and how many special ingredients do you need for a 9er draught?

Some of them are green, some blue to me and my alchi is like 1070. You need 2 drops per draught.
It is what it is.

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Sep 06, 2018 14:20

Valfar wrote:Some of them are green, some blue to me and my alchi is like 1070. You need 2 drops per draught.

Sounds good, thank you :grin:

Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Oct 08, 2018 11:08

I bump this again.

Now its 1 month and 3 weeks since last news update.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Oct 08, 2018 11:10

Stasis wrote:I bump this again.

Now its 1 month and 3 weeks since last news update.

Its 14 days until it will be very few here for a few weeks atleast.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Oct 09, 2018 09:15

I hope, considering the lengthy gap in posting and imminent [voldermort] server stuff that is happening - that Uthgard staff are about to drop a bomb load of good and exciting changes! Otherwise, the population is about fall off another cliff.

This would be a real shame, considering the recent recovery of population - at least in EU time of course.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Oct 09, 2018 09:39

Numbers been steadly increasing it seems.

Hope its rvring hibs and albs thats returning.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Oct 09, 2018 10:10

Stasis wrote:Numbers been steadly increasing it seems.

There are definitely some albs out there. Hibs not so many, although that Rabenfrost guild did a zerg event last week, broke down our relic doors, took their relic and left it for us in front of SF. We didn't even bother repairing so Albs took all the relics the next day with less than 2fg because nobody was defending :D.
It is what it is.

mikkyo
Warder

Postby mikkyo » Oct 09, 2018 11:08

have fun with the server when the other server will release. rvr is atm not funny for not-middies and it will be a desaster after this release.

in hib rvr you are limited to 1-2 melee classes, 3 caster, and supporter.

changes are easy to implement...if the staff would do it.

the 20.10. is next week.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Oct 09, 2018 11:15

mikkyo wrote:

have fun with the server when the other server will release. rvr is atm not funny for not-middies and it will be a desaster after this release.

the 20.10. is next week.

Staff here could give everybody 10 plat and 400% xp and people still wouldnt come back. Trust has been violated and it's too late.

mikkyo
Warder

Postby mikkyo » Oct 09, 2018 11:26

albeyond wrote:
mikkyo wrote:

the 20.10. is next week.

Staff here could give everybody 10 plat and 400% xp and people still wouldnt come back. Trust has been violated and it's too late.

thats true.

the playerbase want to play the full spectrum of the game. full det for hybrids, playable bowclasses, s.i.,easy crafting for example...

no one is really interested in really bugfree game, the fun part is the most important thing.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Oct 09, 2018 11:45

mikkyo wrote:

the 20.10. is next week.

Uthgard's current setting is complete garbage and I 100% agree, but I also laugh at people like you who always talk in definitive terms, like things are set in stone. Things constantly change, go up and down, left and right...it's life and it's like that in every aspect of it, DAOC free shards are not excluded.

Uthgard's garbage setting and complete inability of the staff to rationally meet players half-way is still 1000x better than Phoenix which tries to lure people in with promises of instant fun. People don't play DAOC for instant fun and it's a fact of human psychology that anything you don't really earn, you lose interest in very fast. Phoenix is giving people realm ranks, instant easy rps and levels, reskins which will be meaningless because they'll be super easy to acquire and you have a 1000 noobs thinking all they need is another fresh start and they will be able to compete. Also, Phoenix encourages cheaters to play. Studboy/Quadz/Gunnora are all known speed hack users on top of using radar and so on, and their friends are no different.

What will happen is the following:

- people who are really cut out to play DAOC and embrace any kind of grind, go out and die repeatedly and have some fun will ultimately prevail, along with set groups

- shortly after all these noobs who want 1000 wipes and fresh starts start getting owned by set groups, they'll whine on Phoenix too because the world is unfair and they still won't understand that perhaps maybe they're not cut out for a game like DAOC

- when population starts slightly or rapidly dropping because people will get bored of having 20 templated characters, million reskins etc. and still getting owned, their "staff" will give buff bots and turn the server into an arena-like instant deathmatch which will again be appealing only to set groups or known pugs who will also eventually get bored of playing the same old game with no surprises against same groups

Uthgard staff is to blame for a lot, but players are not helping by whining 24/7 and most of the whining comes from A) worst players who don't even understand how the game works and got their live realm ranks with tasks and healing rps and B) people who don't have the patience to grind it all out and have fun in the process. Modern society loves instant gratification, but it also has some of the highest rates of depression, suicide and first world imaginary problems. The true fun comes from enjoying the process, not reaching the goal. Again, this is a fact of human psychology and you can ask any clinical psychologist about this.

It is what it is, we'll see how it goes.
It is what it is.

Alcan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Alcan » Oct 09, 2018 15:46

And tbh Valfar you are one of the most toxic imo!

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Oct 09, 2018 15:51

Its true though, the competition is posting daily progress updates with HUGE strides. Uthgard will go under, if they dont step up. :(

Previous

Return to General Topics