important scout changes

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » Jul 29, 2018 12:07

when truesight will be as it should be? ( without range)

when albion dragonbow get's it right d/q charge as it was in the old days? (and hibs have also on dragoanbow)

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Jul 29, 2018 12:10

Sumosan wrote:when truesight will be as it should be? ( without range)

when albion dragonbow get's it right d/q charge as it was in the old days? (and hibs have also on dragoanbow)

Any bugs should reported in the tracker.

If they are already there, please provide a link to them here.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » Jul 29, 2018 12:15

uthgard staff changed true sight, without any proof....several players showed evidence on forum that the change was wrong, threads where deleted

what are you talking about trishin? just do it right

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Jul 29, 2018 12:16

Sumosan wrote:uthgard staff changed true sight, without any proof....several players showed evidence on forum that the change was wrong, threads where deleted

what are you talking about trishin? just do it right

The forum is not the right place to provide evidence:
https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » Jul 29, 2018 12:31

just asked when changes to come? its in the tracker since loooooong, prooved and and and everything...just the changes still not made

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Jul 29, 2018 12:34

Sumosan wrote:just asked when changes to come? its in the tracker since loooooong, prooved and and and everything...just the changes still not made

I asked you to link them.

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » Jul 29, 2018 12:36

holy ******...its worthless

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Jul 29, 2018 13:00

Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Jul 29, 2018 13:02

Satiah wrote:https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/4721/@/True_sight_RA_since_latest_patch

This was already fixed - so unless someone has proof it's still wrong after the fix, I think there is very little we can do.

Thanks for providing a link

Galandriel4
Myrmidon

Postby Galandriel4 » Jul 29, 2018 13:44

sumosan = dumb

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Aug 20, 2018 19:22

Sumosan wrote:just asked when changes to come? its in the tracker since loooooong, prooved and and and everything...just the changes still not made

Just stumbled over this thread. The True Sight RA was already changed to 2900 range by Genjiro some time ago which is even more than classic visibility range.

What else do you miss for scouts? At the moment I'm working on Bladeturn penetration and don't see many other open bugs for archery.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Aug 20, 2018 19:34

Blue wrote:

Just stumbled over this thread. The True Sight RA was already changed to 2900 range by Genjiro some time ago which is even more than classic visibility range.

What else do you miss for scouts? At the moment I'm working on Bladeturn penetration and don't see many other open bugs for archery.

Last time I checked TS the range was working fine (mind you this was either during or right after the beta so I don't know if something reverted back to incorrect range since then).

As far as Archery issues...how about SM pets intercepting arrows? :)

https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/ ... ept_arrows

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Aug 20, 2018 19:38

Thanks Torgo, will add it to my queue.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Ramiye
Myrmidon

Postby Ramiye » Aug 20, 2018 19:44

Blue wrote:

Here we go

1. Heart of the North (Golestandt bow) bow has wrong charge/dd

https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/ ... wrong_proc
Gnome is wrong here.

http://web.archive.org/web/200310190436 ... citem=5711

No evidence in 1.64 patchnotes that they changed the item

they changed the stats, after the archery revamp with patch 1.88
http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/Pat ... rsion_1.88
(sadly also no evidence for item change here)
Please reread the evidence, pointed out on issue tracker.
Heart of the North had a d/q buff charge on patch level 1.65

2. Bring back Evern
As far as I know, Evern is still on vacation, summer is almost over. He has (atm) the only d/q charge item for Albs.

3. Mastery of Archery 5
I never made an issue for that on tracker. Also I am prolly the only one who ever tested.
Mastery of Archery 5 has no effect. No matter, which bow you equip .. slow or fast bow.

I think it is somehow related with rapid fire and fastest bow you are able to equip.
With MoA4 and a fortified bow, creitshot requires 2.7s. Skilling MoA5 has no effect.
wwg1wga

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Aug 20, 2018 19:46

Blue wrote:Thanks Torgo, will add it to my queue.

Thanks for looking...I know archery is a strange animal. I often hear "it is considered melee" at this patch level. And yes it very well/is could be....just not pure melee.

There are just some inconsistencies (not Uthgard specific, just daoc in general). We all know what the definition of melee is intended to mean..as in "being in melee range" and whacking something with a weapon.

But sometimes archery acts like melee, sometimes not. The big thing is pure melee attacks can't be interrupted where as archery can.

In any case, for this particular issue, i never tested it on Pendragon and quite frankly probably won't. Whatever implementation you decide, I can't argue with without that hard evidence...although I feel like the patch notes seem to suggest is should not happen.

Next

Return to General Topics